+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA and want to go canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dont listen to that guy hes bad vibes. I was deported from usa in 2017 and came to Canada Feb 2018 with no problems the only thing they asked was if I was going to attempt to illegally go back to the u.s.
You can immigrate to Canada if you qualify but coming to Canada to work, study or visit is much harder.

Attaj

Oct 10, 2018
Dont listen to that guy hes bad vibes. I was deported from usa in 2017 and came to Canada Feb 2018 with no problems the only thing they asked was if I was going to attempt to illegally go back to the u.s
.luis what type of canadian visa did u apply for ?and yes you are right i know somebody who was deported from the uk but now in the USA

srinivas99

Oct 9, 2020
I am also in same situation, I am planning to Canada my wife as a student and me as a depended. How are my chances ?
I have taken voluntary departure from USA (not criminal issue but federal violation of immigration rules) in the year of starting 2019.
We are in confusion now, can we process or not. Please give me some info, if anybody knows.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am also in same situation, I am planning to Canada my wife as a student and me as a depended. How are my chances ?
I have taken voluntary departure from USA (not criminal issue but federal violation of immigration rules) in the year of starting 2019.
We are in confusion now, can we process or not. Please give me some info, if anybody knows.
How long were you in the U.S. without status?

What ties to your home country can you show (e.g. job, property, assets)?

What is your wife planning to study in Canada and what is her previous education and work experience?

Samtap

Oct 29, 2020
I was deported from USA in oct 2018 as my visa had expired. Have no criminal all record but was banned entry for 10 years. Now its been 2 years since. Can I visit canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was deported from USA in oct 2018 as my visa had expired. Have no criminal all record but was banned entry for 10 years. Now its been 2 years since. Can I visit canada
Due to the U.S. deportation, you should assume it will be difficult to get a temporary visa (e.g. visitor visa, work permit, study permit) approved for Canada. However you can certainly try. Make sure you declare your U.S. immigration history along with the deprotation (failure to declare this history will result in a refusal and a 5 year ban from Canada). You'll also want to demonstrate very strong ties to your home country (e.g. employment, property, assets). Good luck.

Reactions: Jahprovideesp

srinivas99

Oct 9, 2020
How long were you in the U.S. without status?

What ties to your home country can you show (e.g. job, property, assets)?

What is your wife planning to study in Canada and what is her previous education and work experience?
Thanks for the response!
over stayed for one year.

Yes, I have full time software job as developer and my assets ...

My wife planning for masters in Canada... and she has bachelor degree with three years of software work experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response!
over stayed for one year.

Yes, I have full time software job as developer and my assets ...

My wife planning for masters in Canada... and she has bachelor degree with three years of software work experience.
Pretty low chances of being approved as a temporary visitor. Only option is likely applying for PR.

Ashleygully24

Dec 17, 2020
Dont listen to that guy hes bad vibes. I was deported from usa in 2017 and came to Canada Feb 2018 with no problems the only thing they asked was if I was going to attempt to illegally go back to the u.s.
Hi Rosales, did they've found your deportation record or else you yourself mentioned that in your application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Rosales, did they've found your deportation record or else you yourself mentioned that in your application?
Canada shares immigration information with the US so Canada will know if people have been deported from the US. If you don't mention any visa refusal you can end up with a 5 year ban so not mentioning a deportation will usually end up with a ban as well.

Jan 4, 2018
They asked me about it. I told them the truth I was on my way. If you lie about it they will send you back. I have came and left 4 times they don’t really bother me about it. As long as you aren’t doing anything illegal you should be fine.

Jan 4, 2018
.luis what type of canadian visa did u apply for ?and yes you are right i know somebody who was deported from the uk but now in the USA
I didn’t apply for a visa because my I don’t require one from my country. Tbh Canada is very laid back as long as your intentions aren’t bad. See I was taken to the states as a baby illegally. It’s not my fault I had no choice but when I was 23 I was stopped for a speeding and next thing you know out the door I go. I have travelled to many country’s and not one has ever denied me entry

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I didn’t apply for a visa because my I don’t require one from my country. Tbh Canada is very laid back as long as your intentions aren’t bad. See I was taken to the states as a baby illegally. It’s not my fault I had no choice but when I was 23 I was stopped for a speeding and next thing you know out the door I go. I have travelled to many country’s and not one has ever denied me entry
it seems it's because you didn't need a visa hence why you didn't encounter issues. and as you said it wasn't your fault her case is different she willingly broke their immigration rules.. but who knows... she can always chance it.