+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from US, can we immigrate to Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we just want our kids to have a good education I do not want them to be raised in Mexico or take away their education
You will need to apply for PR. Temporary permits won't work based his previous deportations. It will all depend on your age, education, skills, language scores and savings.

Reactions: amokarl21

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
Hi.. i don't know if this will reach anyone but i have a question. My soon to be husband has been deported from the US twice and we are trying to figure out if we can migrate to Canada. We have 4 kids and my kids and i are all US citizens. He has a criminal record back in 1997 but nothing recent. He did have a PR for the US but it was taken away in 1997. I am not sure he if will qualify.. Please help.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi.. i don't know if this will reach anyone but i have a question. My soon to be husband has been deported from the US twice and we are trying to figure out if we can migrate to Canada. We have 4 kids and my kids and i are all US citizens. He has a criminal record back in 1997 but nothing recent. He did have a PR for the US but it was taken away in 1997. I am not sure he if will qualify.. Please help.
You have had a number of people answer this question on the other threads from 2018 - what's your progress been so far with all of that earlier advice?

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
there has been none at all and the other threads you mention i can't seem to find.. i have tried applying for the US this whole time with no luck..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Depends what the criminal record is for and if there was one or several charges. Quite possible he's inadmissible to Canada right now and would have to apply for rehabilitation (before you can consider applying to immigrate). Whether rehabilitation is approved will again depend on the seriousness of his crime(s).

Once you address the criminality issue, you'll then have to research Canada's immigration programs to see what it takes to apply and if you qualify. Generally speaking, Canada's immigration programs are aimed at young professionals with degrees and skilled work experience. You'll need to spend time understanding the various immigration programs to see if you have what it takes to apply and be accepted. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program first. This is a points-based program and right now you need to have 460+ points to be selected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK - so just looked at your old posts.

Your husband is definitely inadmissible to Canada at this time due to his criminal convictions. Before he can consider applying to immigrate to Canada, he will first have to apply for rehabilitation. This process can easily take more than a year and approval is not guaranteed. However it's the first step he must take if he wants to have any chance of coming here in the future. Information on how to apply is below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-rehabilitation-inadmissible-persons-criminal-activity.html

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
Depends what the criminal record is for and if there was one or several charges. Quite possible he's inadmissible to Canada right now and would have to apply for rehabilitation (before you can consider applying to immigrate). Whether rehabilitation is approved will again depend on the seriousness of his crime(s).

Once you address the criminality issue, you'll then have to research Canada's immigration programs to see what it takes to apply and if you qualify. Generally speaking, Canada's immigration programs are aimed at young professionals with degrees and skilled work experience. You'll need to spend time understanding the various immigration programs to see if you have what it takes to apply and be accepted. Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program first. This is a points-based program and right now you need to have 460+ points to be selected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html
thank you for the info..

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
OK - so just looked at your old posts.

Your husband is definitely inadmissible to Canada at this time due to his criminal convictions. Before he can consider applying to immigrate to Canada, he will first have to apply for rehabilitation. This process can easily take more than a year and approval is not guaranteed. However it's the first step he must take if he wants to have any chance of coming here in the future. Information on how to apply is below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-rehabilitation-inadmissible-persons-criminal-activity.html
Ok thanks..

Archana2684

Aug 5, 2019
Hi
I need some information. One of my close friend went to USA on student visa and got deported in 2011 for aggravated charges. Now as we are moving to Canada, he also wants to move with his family. Though his criminal records are clean in the country he resides, will that USA deportation history affect his immigration file in Canada? Can anyone legally help him? He was a student and he did one thing and now all messed up.. even if we upfront confess and inform cic, what are the chances that he would get pr? Considering the only event in his life that he did something wrong? His before and after pcc is clear.

If anyone can advise) suggest something?
Tia

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
H
Hi
Hi
I need some information. One of my close friend went to USA on student visa and got deported in 2011 for aggravated charges. Now as we are moving to Canada, he also wants to move with his family. Though his criminal records are clean in the country he resides, will that USA deportation history affect his immigration file in Canada? Can anyone legally help him? He was a student and he did one thing and now all messed up.. even if we upfront confess and inform cic, what are the chances that he would get pr? Considering the only event in his life that he did something wrong? His before and after pcc is clear.

If anyone can advise) suggest something?
Tia
1. It depends on his criminal record. It is quite likely he is inadmissible for criminality to come to Canada.

menjivar2008

Dec 29, 2020
My brother was deported from the United States back in 2013 he was a green card holder us a child but got in drug problems at the age of 18 years old and was removed he been in El Salvador for 7 years we just found out this year are father is a Canadian naturalize citizen since 1995 can my brother apply for Canadian citizenship since

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Looking at the dates you provided, it looks like your brother was born before your father became a citizen. If that’s the case, citizenship isn’t automatic. It also looks like he is beyond sponsorship age for dependant PR.