+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Children in the new Application for Canadian Citizens - Adults

wissamd

Sep 14, 2009
In the new Application for Canadia Citizens - Adults - Section G they ask for school history of ANY DEPENDENT children .

My children below 18 live in my home country with their divorced mother - I don't provide for them nor get any tax rebates for them .

Do they count as DEPENDENT children ? Do I need to fill this section as they are dependent on their mother ?

WD

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the instructions, it says:

In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any dependent children in Canada or abroad even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf.
so because they are your children, you should provide their school records even if they are not living in Canada and you are not applying for them. If you can not provide the school records because your wife refuses to, you should write a letter stating that your wife has full custody of your children and show proof of that with a custody or divorce agreement and that she is refusing to provide the records. If you have a written refusal from your wife, even in email, that is even better.