+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Children age 24

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
I have a problem coz Im over age 24 Family Sponsorhip dependent children of my mother in Alberta, CAN..thats why we enrolled again in College(second course).. We pass all the docs required to us by Canadian embassy in MANILA last June 30,2006 and have a medical examination last Sept.1 2006, I graduated for my other course October 2006..But Im not going to school again considering that the Embassy is ready to decide with in 6 mos. but accidentally the Medical examination of my mother was expired thats why she undergo other examination last April 5 and maybe thats why there is a delay in our papers, My problem is if there is an effect on my papers coz my post secondary course education was not continously, or it is okey coz we already undergo with Medical examination..and ready for the decision and the investigation is already done by the Embassy.Please help me regarding this..Thank you.

My time line is:

AUGust 03, 2005- CIC canada receives tha application of my Mother (still Schholing)
Sept 13, 2005- Starts the processing in CIC CANADA
March 15, 2006 - Approves his eligible to sponsor, ECAS dispalys his status "In Process"
June 5, 2006 - receives letter from to submit CIC Authenticated NSO Birth Cert., NSO CENOMAR, NBI, Transcript of Records, xerox copy of PASSPORT and the forms activities for the past 10 years..
July 3, 2006- Mail to CIC Manila the required DOCS.
August 28, 2006- Receives letter for Medical Examination.
Sept. 3, 2006 - Medical examination Done.
Sept. 13, 2006 - forward the Medical examination to CIC MANILA said by the Clinic officer
October 10, 2006- I graduated from college (stop schooling)
March 18, 2007 - My Mother receives a letter from CIC Canada, her Medical Exam. was expired
April 05, 2007 - My Mother undergo another Medical Examination in ALBERTA, CANADA which she lives.
April 13, 2007 - Inquire about the status of our application in email
April 16, 2007 - CIC Manila email me and says "Application is queued for review. Medical results are valid until 01Sep2007."

Thanks
Kristian

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kristian said:
I have a problem coz Im over age 24 Family Sponsorhip dependent children of my mother in Alberta, CAN..thats why we enrolled again in College(second course).. We pass all the docs required to us by Canadian embassy in MANILA last June 30,2006 and have a medical examination last Sept.1 2006, I graduated for my other course October 2006..But Im not going to school again considering that the Embassy is ready to decide with in 6 mos. but accidentally the Medical examination of my mother was expired thats why she undergo other examination last April 5 and maybe thats why there is a delay in our papers, My problem is if there is an effect on my papers coz my post secondary course education was not continously, or it is okey coz we already undergo with Medical examination..and ready for the decision and the investigation is already done by the Embassy.Please help me regarding this..Thank you.

My time line is:

AUGust 03, 2005- CIC canada receives tha application of my Mother (still Schholing)
Sept 13, 2005- Starts the processing in CIC CANADA
March 15, 2006 - Approves his eligible to sponsor, ECAS dispalys his status "In Process"
June 5, 2006 - receives letter from to submit CIC Authenticated NSO Birth Cert., NSO CENOMAR, NBI, Transcript of Records, xerox copy of PASSPORT and the forms activities for the past 10 years..
July 3, 2006- Mail to CIC Manila the required DOCS.
August 28, 2006- Receives letter for Medical Examination.
Sept. 3, 2006 - Medical examination Done.
Sept. 13, 2006 - forward the Medical examination to CIC MANILA said by the Clinic officer
October 10, 2006- I graduated from college (stop schooling)
March 18, 2007 - My Mother receives a letter from CIC Canada, her Medical Exam. was expired
April 05, 2007 - My Mother undergo another Medical Examination in ALBERTA, CANADA which she lives.
April 13, 2007 - Inquire about the status of our application in email
April 16, 2007 - CIC Manila email me and says "Application is queued for review. Medical results are valid until 01Sep2007."

Thanks
Kristian

I would think that there is a good chance that Manila will insist that you be dropped from the application as your schooling was not continuous after the age of 22. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/op02e.pdf Section 14

PMM

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you for immediate response, but there is some Canadian Immigrantion Consultant website "http://www.skillclear.co.uk/canada/canada-family-spouse-dependent-visa-frequently-asked-questions.asp" and "http://www.how2immigrate.net/canada/canfaq3.html"
says that interruption of less than one year in schooling ande financially dependent to parents still qualified as a dependent children, so this June 2007 is the start of normal school year in the Philippines, May I know if it is better to enroll again in college an another course just to qualify as dependnet children of my mom in Alberta. May I know if we stii have chance to be issued a VISA. I highly appreciate your immediate response

Regards,
Kristian

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kristian said:
Thank you for immediate response, but there is some Canadian Immigrantion Consultant website "http://www.skillclear.co.uk/canada/canada-family-spouse-dependent-visa-frequently-asked-questions.asp" and "http://www.how2immigrate.net/canada/canfaq3.html"
says that interruption of less than one year in schooling ande financially dependent to parents still qualified as a dependent children, so this June 2007 is the start of normal school year in the Philippines, May I know if it is better to enroll again in college an another course just to qualify as dependnet children of my mom in Alberta. May I know if we stii have chance to be issued a VISA. I highly appreciate your immediate response

Regards,
Kristian

Believe what you wish, either the official Immigration web site www.cic.gc.ca or some lawyer/consultants web site. Suggest you read
http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/op02e.pdf sec 14.2

PMM

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you for immediate response, so in short we no chance and just wait for the refusal letter, may I know if we have still a chance to appeal. Other thing is I have read the OP2 manual as u suggest, I have noticed that the date of the manual is 11-24-2006, may I know if its is effective retroactive (backward) or proactive(forward) coz our papers filed August 2005 and our medical exam is Sept 1, 2006, considering within 6 mos. they decide we don’t go schooling. Also I called on phone some consultants here (eg.Canadian Immigration Consultancy - Manila), all of them suggest that there is no problem anymore, just wait for the papers, because they reason out, ones you give a file no. and got Medical its means the investigation for the status of the application is finished and it is lock in based on their experinces, means it is not reckoning or move backward, because if all cases is being review backward, the immigration didn’t meet their target visa for those qualified applicants. The only reason they see for the delay is the expired medical examination of my mother in Alberta. Thank you again..

Regards,
Kristian

R K Mehta

May 5, 2007
kristian said:
Thank you for immediate response, so in short we no chance and just wait for the refusal letter, may I know if we have still a chance to appeal. Other thing is I have read the OP2 manual as u suggest, I have noticed that the date of the manual is 11-24-2006, may I know if its is effective retroactive (backward) or proactive(forward) coz our papers filed August 2005 and our medical exam is Sept 1, 2006, considering within 6 mos. they decide we don’t go schooling. Also I called on phone some consultants here (eg.Canadian Immigration Consultancy - Manila), all of them suggest that there is no problem anymore, just wait for the papers, because they reason out, ones you give a file no. and got Medical its means the investigation for the status of the application is finished and it is lock in based on their experinces, means it is not reckoning or move backward, because if all cases is being review backward, the immigration didn’t meet their target visa for those qualified applicants. The only reason they see for the delay is the expired medical examination of my mother in Alberta. Thank you again..

Regards,
Kristian
Hi Kristian
I feel there is nothing to worry. You would get visa after your mother s medical tests have been scrutinized. Be hopeful and wait patientlu.
R K Mehta

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you RK MEHTA, may I know what country are u from?, How did u say that I have not to worry about the status of our application, do you have a past experience or some stories desame on me..I hope so, that the Visa maybe issued to us, coz it almost 7 mos. of waiting and 1 mos from new medical of my month still no reply coming from CIC-Manila, you know everyday I think of it and pray that CIC favor to us, even though were not continous schooling since a 1 month after our Medical Examination here in Manila. BYe RK and God Bless..

Kristian

dpshah

May 2, 2007
You have to show that you are fully dependent on your mother's income even after age of 22 or you should be full time student. Perhapy if your country's govt. writes you are not employed anywhere, you are still considered dependent. I have seen it somewhere, so please gp to related website.

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you DPS HAH but the Philippine govt. does not issue a Cert of No employ. Just the Canadian Immigration responsibility to investigate like public Docs the SSS no. Tax no. or any govt.docs that can prove Im not independent. But for sure I dont have anything of that coz Im not working, Im just here at Home waiting and helping household chores..Thank you very much and God Bless

KRistian

dpshah

May 2, 2007
But I still advise you to be full time student, and I think your country's any school can write about you, I believe

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you DPS HAH, yes ur right! That also the advice of my other chat mate here and in the other forum. But I stop schooling last Nov2006-March 2007 (April and MAy=school summer vacation),because l already graduated from college since Oct 2006, I dont know if it have effect on our papers, coz Sept 1, 2006 is my last Medical Examination. June is the normal start of school year here in the Philippines. So if ever I go to school this June, may I know if it is guarantee that our Visa may be issued to us, even though we stop schooling for almost 5 months. Thank you very much.

Kristian

dpshah

May 2, 2007
You should join the school in this june. And you should request to the school that you are full time student for even the period of gap

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you DS HAH, but the school here in the Philippines, I think they didn’t claim that we are schooling for the gap years(stop schoolig) only for the schooling days we actually attend. May I know what country are u from and your profession, if u don’t mind.Thank you very much for your very much concern to me.Bye ang God Bless...