+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child with Autism has been inadmissible Medical condition to be Permanent Residence in Canada

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone,

- March 04, 2022, I applied for our PR applications, under AIPP (online, outland; Bio and Medical upfront).
- May 25, 2022, got AOR.
- July 11, 2022, received PAL and ADR and still waiting for the final decision.
- 10 Feb 2023, we landed and worked in Canada under WP.

The issue is the Medical condition of my son (he was diagnosed with autism and is still none verbal).
I required the GCMS on Feb 2023 and got the Notes that we were passed eligibility, criminal, bio, and medical exempt my son.
The note shows my son's medical status as below:

- Assessed for: All
- IME status: Assessed
- IME status Reason: Not granted
- RMO: CMAU
- Description: has a condition which might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such an extent that the applicant is inadmissible under Section 38 (1) (c).
- S Profile: 1
- Description: No surveillance required
- IMM type: None EDE
- UME type: Student
(via GCMS)

Does anyone here the same on a boat?
Will our PR applications be refused?
What should I do at this time, please?
Please share your knowledge and your experience with us.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!
did you get a PFL from IRCC? We have same situation except that we don't have GCMC notes so we don't know. what's the update.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
You’ll need to wait to see if you get a priocedrql fairness letter, if so yes your PR ison track to being refused. You need to hire a lawyer with experience in medical excessive cases for your best chances of getting PR.
Does this rules apply to Convention Refugee ?

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
we received 2 emails. and we complied everything. medical records history and medical receipts for couple years. We finally get an update with her medical. In the tracker says completed. does t it mean we passed the medical? I'm hoping we did.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we received 2 emails. and we complied everything. medical records history and medical receipts for couple years. We finally get an update with her medical. In the tracker says completed. does t it mean we passed the medical? I'm hoping we did.
Yes looks like you did. Can be very big difference between autism cases so it really depends on the individual case.

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Yes looks like you did. Can be very big difference between autism cases so it really depends on the individual case.
oh my goodness really? I want to cry so hard. It's been a long journey. They asked us a bunch of things. Medical records, history and medical bills. they even asked us to provide Prognosis in 5 years. we sent it last week and we got an update today. That her medical is completed and our gckey says medical passed.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
oh my goodness really? I want to cry so hard. It's been a long journey. They asked us a bunch of things. Medical records, history and medical bills. they even asked us to provide Prognosis in 5 years. we sent it last week and we got an update today. That her medical is completed and our gckey says medical passed.
Was this for autism? That is fairly unusual especially if not severe form elf autism.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh it's not autism it's a rare case Osteogenesis imperfecta.
Wow I’m surprised that they got approved without a PFL although I guess you can’t predict how many fractures you may have a year. Could argue no guarantee of needing medical/accessibility equipment, etc. especially if still young, etc.

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Wow I’m surprised that they got approved without a PFL although I guess you can’t predict how many fractures you may have a year. Could argue no guarantee of needing medical/accessibility equipment, etc. especially if still young, etc.
No it’s not easy it took 6 months. I was frustrated for a couple of months. They asked a bunch of things. We sent them everything. From medical records, hospital bills, medical history. Glad that we have a doctor who keeps everything. We send it to them. They send us letter back and forth. They asked us prognosis for 5 years. And so on. The genetic doctor complied everything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No it’s not easy it took 6 months. I was frustrated for a couple of months. They asked a bunch of things. We sent them everything. From medical records, hospital bills, medical history. Glad that we have a doctor who keeps everything. We send it to them. They send us letter back and forth. They asked us prognosis for 5 years. And so on. The genetic doctor complied everything.
The fact that you didn’t make it to PFL first is actually lucky. You may not have realized it but you did get quite lucky. Most people get PFL and then have to fight with a lawyer to prove that they won’t exceed the cap. The fact that the condition is unpredictable also would make it hard to guarantee a higher amount which worked in your favour. You also got lucky with doctors who seems to have spent a lot of time providing information. Many are not that lucky and need to pay to provide more medical evidence.

Reactions: YVR123

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Well I am thankful for that. The genetic doctor is really good in keeping records. And yeah the case is unpredictable I guess the fact that we didn’t have surgeries in the past and even no surgeries in the future helps a lot. Cause surgeries cause more right? That’s the only thing. But I am actually not thinking of bring my daughter here in Canada and live. Probably she can come and live for a bit but I like how they treat her there in my home country. She have everything her. As long as I am here working I can afford the treatment