+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dentist-3113

lildmd

Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luis_pasaway said:
Hi bereth and lilmd,
i already called british council the institution where i took my IELTS and they said they cannot provide another original copy of the test results however they could send a original copy to the institution you ntend to submit in our case CIC, and a charge of P1,200 for courrier..
I my case i have a photocopy of the test result and will attach a letter expalining where the original copy is.... stating i already sent them during my first attempt. If my complete package does not arrive befeore july 2012 or got lost..
thank you very much for the very good idea. i will do the same in case my papers get lost... :)

maximahilton

Nov 1, 2011
lildmd said:
hello fellow dentists! i'm from the philippines, i sent my application dec 1 and it reached NS dec 20. any feedbacks from those who sent theirs in dec? i understand some already got their application back because of cap reached. i'm so worried because i haven't receicvd any feedbacks yet and now i'm trying to open my mind to accept if i didn't reach the cap. i hope we could all help each other in case we all are applying this july 2012. i just hope we'll get our papers back soon if they were returned...
Hi. i am also a dentist from the Philippines...CIC received my application january 17 according to DHL...i gues that was a day after cap was reached. Also so sad because until now I still havent got back my documents. May palns pa naman ako to apply again July 2012.

lildmd

Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maximahilton said:

Hi. i am also a dentist from the Philippines...CIC received my application january 17 according to DHL...i gues that was a day after cap was reached. Also so sad because until now I still havent got back my documents. May palns pa naman ako to apply again July 2012.
Ahh, i see. nakakasad noh? ang hirap mag asikaso ng papers kasi. ako magiinquire na this week sa CIO for formality nalang para makapagmove on at mag asikaso ng new docs, para alam ko na nareceive talaga nila. kasi medyo nag aalangan ako na bka di nareceive, dahil almost 18 days di matrack ng dhl docs namin. we'll help each other here sa forum, madami dito willing to help... :) makakasama na tayo this july 2012 for sure... gumamit ka ba consultants? ako kasi, ako lang nag asikaso, kaya nangapa ako...

maximahilton

Nov 1, 2011
lildmd said:
Ahh, i see. nakakasad noh? ang hirap mag asikaso ng papers kasi. ako magiinquire na this week sa CIO for formality nalang para makapagmove on at mag asikaso ng new docs, para alam ko na nareceive talaga nila. kasi medyo nag aalangan ako na bka di nareceive, dahil almost 18 days di matrack ng dhl docs namin. we'll help each other here sa forum, madami dito willing to help... :) makakasama na tayo this july 2012 for sure... gumamit ka ba consultants? ako kasi, ako lang nag asikaso, kaya nangapa ako...
hi! thanks so much. i really appreciate it if we can help each other even just in this way...it helps anyway.

No i dont have any consultant or agent...i am just relying on the informations online...makukuha mo namn lahat dba! Btw, how do we check if they send us back our documents? Thanks....

lildmd

Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maximahilton said:
hi! thanks so much. i really appreciate it if we can help each other even just in this way...it helps anyway.

No i dont have any consultant or agent...i am just relying on the informations online...makukuha mo namn lahat dba! Btw, how do we check if they send us back our documents? Thanks....
pwede tayo mg inquire online, like what luispasaway did... ito ung site for more info...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply-after.asp#assessment

luis_pasaway

Feb 2, 2012
hi maxhamilton an lildmd,
Nice to hear that dami pala d2 pinoy na dentist. kala ko ng una onti lng... I already got back my papers from CIC.. Yes, naginquire me dati sa CIC thru email and receved a reply that my papers were sent back cause of quota reached and with it a expalnation letter. it was dated Jan 23 2012 and mailed on a regular mail( snail mail) on Jan 24 2012.. It reached philippines on my mailing add around april 13 2012.. to inquire at CIC thru email you must have microsoft outlook, state your complete name (including full middle initial), date of birth and Citizenship...and asking for the status of your application. You will have a reply mail around 20days. and from their count 2-3months for your application to be returned with all its attachemnet.. i hope this info may help... Goodluck to us this July 2012....

bereth

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello luis, lildmd and maximahilton,

@luis...its good to hear you got your packet back.

@maximahilton....i would suggest you start preparing new set of documents. i know it is not easy to do this but, in case you dont get your packet back in time for the next intake, at least you are ready for July.

@lildmd...any info regarding your application packet? Luis suggestion about the IELTS is really a good idea.

i have a question for all of you, do you have any plan to have your credentials evaluated before applying in July?
i asked my lawyer about this, he said it is a good idea and it will not hurt to get it done. but i am still thinking about it... ???

regards,
bereth

lildmd

Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bereth said:
hello luis, lildmd and maximahilton,

@ luis...its good to hear you got your packet back.

@ maximahilton....i would suggest you start preparing new set of documents. i know it is not easy to do this but, in case you dont get your packet back in time for the next intake, at least you are ready for July.

@ lildmd...any info regarding your application packet? Luis suggestion about the IELTS is really a good idea.

i have a question for all of you, do you have any plan to have your credentials evaluated before applying in July?
i asked my lawyer about this, he said it is a good idea and it will not hurt to get it done. but i am still thinking about it... ???

regards,
bereth
wala pa din, doc bereth... huhuhu! i'm inquiring today, i'll ask my husband kung panu ng microsoft outlook... siguro i will get mine na this april, i hope...
about the credentials, how can they be evaluated? i mean, kanino papa evaluate? that's also a good idea.

luis_pasaway

Feb 2, 2012
@ bereth,
Mine was evaluated the last time during my first attempt by a lawyer i paid to help me in my papers.. i paid him 25k for the initial processing and application sending... another payment when PER arrives... .. Total points was 66 not considering my exp as dental assistant during my last sem in college... But now i think 68 cause my work experience as dentist has reached 3 years.. to whom are you referring for your packet to be evaluated? ( your lawyers at canadavisa?) thnx

bereth

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi luis and lildmd,

Yay that's good, Luis! Now you are confident that you have enough points to pass their point system.

I am referring to the announcement made by Mr. Kenney on 28 March 2012. They might require the immigrants to have their credentials evaluated by an institution in Canada before they can apply for immigration.

check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/new-procedures-announced-to-assess-foreign-credentials-05042012.html

here's another link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/credentials-evaluation-for-employment-immigration-t70100.0.html;msg1371763#msg1371763

lildmd

Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bereth said:
hi luis and lildmd,

Yay that's good, Luis! Now you are confident that you have enough points to pass their point system.

I am referring to the announcement made by Mr. Kenney on 28 March 2012. They might require the immigrants to have their credentials evaluated by an institution in Canada before they can apply for immigration.

check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/new-procedures-announced-to-assess-foreign-credentials-05042012.html

here's another link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/credentials-evaluation-for-employment-immigration-t70100.0.html;msg1371763#msg1371763
thank you bereth, another +1 for u! mwah!

luis_pasaway

Feb 2, 2012
@bereth
Maybe ill have my credentials assessed if CIC will grant me PR visa and when im already there. PR visa is not 100% guaranteed until we are not in the FSWP streamline and have our packets assessed by CIC. Thnx for the info....Pede kna maging Immigration consultant...hehe Very Knowledgeable.

luis_pasaway

Feb 2, 2012
@bereth

as i've understand, it is still in the proposal stage and implemented soon. But it was not stated that it will affect the July 2012 applicants in FSWP... If affected, maybe for those granted PR visa who are awaiting to land in Canada and to find jobs related to their profession.
In our case maybe there is pre-assessment of our credentials for our initial jobs(entry level jobs) and as i have read it a further assessment for further education cause our profession are regulated ones.

lildmd

Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luis_pasaway said:
@ bereth @ lildmd @ maxhamilton,

Let's connect sa Facebook, if you have an account.. add me up, luis_pasaway @ yahoo.com
added you luis_pasaway... pkisuggest friend nlang if bereth and maxhamilton adds you... thank you...