+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visitors visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have sent a CSE, keeping my fingers crossed.
Hi Manini,

First, in hindsight, you should have applied under CAN+ which would have resulted in much faster processing.

Replies to CSEs could take anywhere from 10-30 days. An email will probably work best in your situation. As you have applied from Mumbai, your visa office is not New Delhi but Bangalore (for visa stamping).

I suggest you send an email to the Bangalore visa office with:
1. A request to expedite the decision as you have booked the cruise + you were not aware that you could apply under CAN+ for faster processing + you have previous travel history to the US/Europe/NZ, etc

2. Include the US flight tickets + cruise bookings

3. Prepare a 'Travel History' explanation (if you have not done so earlier). In a tabular format (chronological for 10 years), give visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit.

Do combine documents 1-3 which I have suggested into a single PDF file

Cheers

charsi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Unfortunately, the visa office will not take decisions based on your flight schedule. The only exception to this is if you have a critical emergency
I have to join a course and if I am unable to fly on 26th I wont be able to join. I had already provided the details of the course in the visa application. Would this be a good enough reason for them to expedite my application? Or does 'critical emergency' only cover health grounds?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have to join a course and if I am unable to fly on 26th I wont be able to join. I had already provided the details of the course in the visa application. Would this be a good enough reason for them to expedite my application? Or does 'critical emergency' only cover health grounds?
I suggest you send an email to the relevant visa office in the next 1-2 days requesting them to let you know if they need any additional information/documents to make an expedited decision.

You can also include your study program details.

Hope this works for you

charsi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Thanks Bryanna
I have contacted them via the web form as it has been over 20 days now.

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Hi Manini,

First, in hindsight, you should have applied under CAN+ which would have resulted in much faster processing.

Replies to CSEs could take anywhere from 10-30 days. An email will probably work best in your situation. As you have applied from Mumbai, your visa office is not New Delhi but Bangalore (for visa stamping).

I suggest you send an email to the Bangalore visa office with:
1. A request to expedite the decision as you have booked the cruise + you were not aware that you could apply under CAN+ for faster processing + you have previous travel history to the US/Europe/NZ, etc

2. Include the US flight tickets + cruise bookings

3. Prepare a 'Travel History' explanation (if you have not done so earlier). In a tabular format (chronological for 10 years), give visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit.

Do combine documents 1-3 which I have suggested into a single PDF file

Cheers

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Hi Bryanna,
Don't know what you mean by a CAN+ Visa. Yes hindsight.
Can you explain? Doesn't look like we are going to make it to the cruise. Is there nobody we can contact directly expedite these?
In our Visa application we did all that you have mentioned.
We have to leave for the US on the 24th so looks very difficult.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
Don't know what you mean by a CAN+ Visa. Yes hindsight.
Can you explain? Doesn't look like we are going to make it to the cruise. Is there nobody we can contact directly expedite these?
In our Visa application we did all that you have mentioned.
We have to leave for the US on the 24th so looks very difficult.
Hi Manini,

Can you try what I have suggested in my previous post. It may just work.

No, you cannot speak with anyone in the visa office. Visa offices do not take phone calls from applicants.

IMO, you still have time to get your passport stamped in India if you get a decision in the next couple of days

Cheers

Last edited:

charsi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I got a reply to my email..

Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, our processing times are longer than usual. In the interests of fairness, applications are processed in the order in which they are received, thus we are unable to accommodate your request for expedited processing.
yes in bold and red!

So no way of getting things expedited it seems.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I got a reply to my email..

yes in bold and red!

So no way of getting things expedited it seems.
I didn't know IRCC sends replies to CSEs/emails in bold and red LOL. Probably, to reinforce their message doubly loud and clear :)

You still haven't crossed the estimated processing time. I think you're a couple of days away from it. Do send the email on Friday/Saturday

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
I know for sure some people who have applied after me and got a decision. Of course they went thorugh a broker. But we had done online processing for all our Visas before this. So thought an online processing would be the best. Thinking of our predicament as a bad decision.
At least you got a reply.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know for sure some people who have applied after me and got a decision. Of course they went thorugh a broker. But we had done online processing for all our Visas before this. So thought an online processing would be the best. Thinking of our predicament as a bad decision.
At least you got a reply.
Manini, applicants do get quick decisions even if they apply on their own.

As you had already visited the US last year + have a valid US B1/B2 visa, you could have applied under CAN+ for expedited decisions. I'm sure you would have got your TRV within 7-10 days after applying as you have strong ties + strong travel history.

You still have a chance at getting your passports stamped in India. It's your call though

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Bryanna
I have sent an email to our Bangalore consulate but there is no reply as expected. Its not a very friendly system where each user and applicant is treated with respect. I was so looking forward to our trip, especially the Butchart Gradens in Victoria where our cruise halts. Also know that Canada is a liberal and advanced country. So we didn't expect this delay at all. Especially since we had such a good experience with NZ and US. We don't get proper information about anything. The CAN+ Visa that you are mentioning never heard of it. Shouldn't we have been given a choice at the time of applying? But a choice such as this does not exist. So how can ordinary people like us dream of this special Visa?