+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visitors visa

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
I and my husband applied online for a Visitor's visa on the 14th of April and the status on our application processing site first said submitted and then read and after that nothing. At the time of submission we were notified that it would take 19 days for the processing. But not its been 31 days and we haven't received any confirmation message. We are leaving for the US on the 24 th of May and are travelling to Canada. Our internal flights, hotels are booked in the US and Canada. Now we are stressing out as to what we should do. The numbers available are all board numbers so not helpful at all.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
I and my husband applied online for a Visitor's visa on the 14th of April and the status on our application processing site first said submitted and then read and after that nothing. At the time of submission we were notified that it would take 19 days for the processing. But not its been 31 days and we haven't received any confirmation message. We are leaving for the US on the 24 th of May and are travelling to Canada. Our internal flights, hotels are booked in the US and Canada. Now we are stressing out as to what we should do. The numbers available are all board numbers so not helpful at all.
I had applied online on 8th April and received the decision just yesterday.

Another friend had applied online on 7th April his decision too came yesterday only.

During both our submission times, the processing time shown was 18 days, but it took 35 days for us.

Also I have been through many threads in the forum and 30-35 days is a normal processing time with online.

Your too would be coming soon.

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
I had applied online on 8th April and received the decision just yesterday.

Another friend had applied online on 7th April his decision too came yesterday only.

During both our submission times, the processing time shown was 18 days, but it took 35 days for us.

Also I have been through many threads in the forum and 30-35 days is a normal processing time with online.

Your too would be coming soon.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Manini,

Processing times posted on the IRCC website are only estimates, and not fixed time within which TRVs will be processed.

It's not a good idea to book tickets/hotels for any country until visas are issued. And, it's pointless calling the visa office numbers or VFS.

You'll have to be patient. Depending on how long you are in the US, you can mail/submit your passports to the nearest VAC in NY/LA if you get passport requests. You do not have to return to your country of residence to submit your passports for visa stamping

Cheers

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Hi Bryanna,
Thanks for your inputs. Yes you are right, we should not have booked our cruise to Alaska from Seattle without first getting our Canada Visa and now we have learnt the hard way. But we have applied 40 days in advance of our leaving for the US for which we have a Visa, for the Canada Visa. Had the processing time notified been a bit more accurate we would have canceled our cruise booking for a full refund and booked something else which did not involve visit to Canada. We have applied for Visas to other countries like the US, Europe, New Zealnd where we went just last year and the process seemed simpler and more accurate with proper instructions and notifications. It does help. May be things have changed in this last year, about which didn't know.
Hope my post helps others who may be in similar predicaments. Still hopeful to make it to the cruise.

Reactions: ravelena

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Ridiculous!!! We applied for our Visa on the 14th of April and now its going to be 5 weeks and we haven't received any confirmation. We cannot go on our cruise and we will lose money.

charsi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I applied on 25th thinking I would get the visa in 7-10 days. Clearly I was mistaken according to this thread.

I have flights booked for 26th.. is there anyway I can highlight this to ensure I get visa in time?

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Hello Bryanna,
Once I get the Visa confirmation letter can I get my passport stamped at the New York Consulate for the Canada Visa? How long will that take? If I go personally will it be stamped immediately?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna,
Once I get the Visa confirmation letter can I get my passport stamped at the New York Consulate for the Canada Visa? How long will that take? If I go personally will it be stamped immediately?
If you're likely to get a TRV, you will get a passport request email. You can then mail/submit your passport in person to the VAC i.e. visa application centre in NY (not directly to the NY consulate).

Do be careful about the payment procedure + actual passport submission (if you mail it). Details are here:
https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

It could take between 7-10 business days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied on 25th thinking I would get the visa in 7-10 days. Clearly I was mistaken according to this thread.

I have flights booked for 26th.. is there anyway I can highlight this to ensure I get visa in time?
Unfortunately, the visa office will not take decisions based on your flight schedule. The only exception to this is if you have a critical emergency

Reactions: charsi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ridiculous!!! We applied for our Visa on the 14th of April and now its going to be 5 weeks and we haven't received any confirmation. We cannot go on our cruise and we will lose money.
For how long will you be in the US i.e. when is your cruise?

As your applications have crossed the estimated processing time, you can send both a Case Specific Enquiry + emails to the visa office for your region/state (along with the cruise bookings + US flight tickets) to request for expedited decisions

Last edited:

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
For how long will you be in the US i.e. when is your cruise?

As your applications have crossed the estimated processing time, you can send both a Case Specific Enquiry + emails to the visa office for your region/state (along with the cruise bookings + US flight tickets) to request for expedited decisions
Bryana

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Bryanna, what is a Case Specific Enqury? How does one go about this? Please help as we are going to lose a lot of money. Would be very grateful for any intervention.