+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visitors visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi its been 36 days now since we applied for our Visas online, and we still have not received any decision and no reason given for the delay. I know for certain that people who have applied after us got their Visas before us, but they had gone through an agent. So we had to cancel our cruise booking and lose a good amount of money on that. Well Canada, if you were so keen to increase the number of visitors then this slow and unfriendly system for issuing Visas needs to be reassessed. Thanks to all on this forum who helped me with inputs. Can someone tell me how to exit this forum so I don't get any more mails?
Your situation is unfortunate as I believe you will be issued TRVs. Anyways

You can turn off the settings in 'Alert Preferences' if you do not wish to receive any emails/notifications from this site

me_su_na_mu

May 10, 2017
It's just a simple case of a delay due to a high volume of applications.

It's great that you didn't book their tickets.

No, one CSE will suffice. Do not send another CSE
Hi! My dad received a request for submitting passport today. But the letter only said that a decision has been made on your application and we need your passport to finalized the decision. What do I infer from this? That they have approved the application or denied it? I m confused now... Can we go ahead and book the flight tickets or do we have to wait for the passport to come back after stamping?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi! My dad received a request for submitting passport today. But the letter only said that a decision has been made on your application and we need your passport to finalized the decision. What do I infer from this? That they have approved the application or denied it? I m confused now... Can we go ahead and book the flight tickets or do we have to wait for the passport to come back after stamping?
That's great. Don't read too much into the CIC statement. It is a standard procedure.

Final decision (Read: Approval) will be possible only after passport submission.

So, 99.9% your dad will get his TRVwithin 7-10 days after he submits his passport. Yes, you can book tickets (nonetheless refundable tickets would still be a good option)

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Hi
now i opened my cic account and after login
a 13 digit appeared on date submitted like 1489XXXXXXXXX@March 16 2017
whats dat? but it disappeared and change then showed on date and time and not the number

can anybody tell whats that? has anybody saw the same in there application ?

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I and my husband applied online for a Visitor's visa on the 14th of April and the status on our application processing site first said submitted and then read and after that nothing. At the time of submission we were notified that it would take 19 days for the processing. But not its been 31 days and we haven't received any confirmation message. We are leaving for the US on the 24 th of May and are travelling to Canada. Our internal flights, hotels are booked in the US and Canada. Now we are stressing out as to what we should do. The numbers available are all board numbers so not helpful at all.
may be more background checks