+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273)

amitarora30

Jan 19, 2018
Hi!
I am in the process of applying for family PR. Our minimum points would be 430. I am facing one difficulty and that is how to obtain points on the basis of my spouse? He has been sailing as a Master Mariner ( Ship’s Captain) with 48 months of sea time in the rank. He has no other degree apart from his Master’s COC and CDC ( both from India). Kindly advice how to claim points basis this. As per what I’ve read, COC cannot be evaluated by WES, so what can be the alternative?
if he is a captain with indian cdc then he can get a BSC nautical degree from mumbai univeristy and get its wes done and further grab points for that degree .

amitarora30

Jan 19, 2018
Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

He does have that letter from Mumbai university stating that his Master’s COC is equivalent to B.Sc Nautical Science but since there are no marksheets for preparation of transcripts, would this letter be of any credibility?
as far as i know the mumbai univerisity will issue transcript as well based on degree and thats required for wes or else other way is to arrange a degree or diploma in any field under distant learning.

Dewdrops1502

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
as far as i know the mumbai univerisity will issue transcript as well based on degree and thats required for wes or else other way is to arrange a degree or diploma in any field under distant learning.

Hi!

Yeah maybe they could issue a non marks transcript like they do in the case of PhD but then wonder whether WES would find it worthy of anything. Are you aware if someone has got it done and earned points for it?
For arranging a degree or diploma under distance learning, he will have to first pursue that course. Don’t have time for that. I’m looking forward to filing my EOI shortly.

Akinejyam

Jul 10, 2018
Hi im studying in canada (international student) for two years. Any idea how that common law partner works? My partner is a seafarer is there any possibility that he can continue his career or even work on landbase in Canada? He just passed the master mariner exam this year.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi im studying in canada (international student) for two years. Any idea how that common law partner works? My partner is a seafarer is there any possibility that he can continue his career or even work on landbase in Canada? He just passed the master mariner exam this year.
Congratulations on his Master exams.

Yes, he can continue his profession in Merchant Marine / Navy if his status in Canada is of Permanent Resident or Citizen.
As people on study or work visa are not eligible to get Canadian CoC.

However, there are some marine-related jobs i.e. of Marine Surveyor, which he can get without having to worry about Canadian CoC therefore in that case being a PR or Citizen is not required. He still needs to be in possession of a valid work permit though.

Hit Like if you find the answer useful.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi!

Yeah maybe they could issue a non marks transcript like they do in the case of PhD but then wonder whether WES would find it worthy of anything. Are you aware if someone has got it done and earned points for it?
For arranging a degree or diploma under distance learning, he will have to first pursue that course. Don’t have time for that. I’m looking forward to filing my EOI shortly.
I have not seen a case yet where WES or other assessing organization awarded points for a Degree without the transcript.

I would strongly advise you to contact WES in Toronto and ask them.

And, don't be in haste unless really warranted in your particular case. Immigration process takes time and a detailed eye, I have seen people spoiling their case entirely just because they were being too fast and anxious.

Reactions: Dewdrops1502

amit03773

Feb 12, 2019
Rahul_menon sir , can you please advice me if you got provincial nomination or your CRS SCORE was well above 440+
Regards

amit03773

Feb 12, 2019
A little bit about myself, I am a sailing Chief Mate, 27 years old and have received my ITA in September 2018.

I will answer your query in 3 steps :

1) Age is a very big factor unless and untill you have secured a job offer from Canada. If you look at the rating system, one of the highest points have been given to age. ( 30 years of age or less ).

2) Regarding the work experience, I am a sailing Chief Mate presently so I think I can give a apt solution to this. Since I have a good rapport with my company, I requested them for a work experience letter without mentioning that it is a contract based employment. After some amount of convincing they did give it to me. Maybe you can try this?

3) NOC 2273 is in demand. But again there is a big catch. Canada requires that you have a Canadian Certificate of Competancy, which can only be awarded to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.
Basically if you hold a COC of a different nationality, you will have to visit a Transport Canada Office, request for an equivalent exams and do all the associated courses as required by them after you get your PR.

In conclusion, since age is not on your side, I think the solution given by your visa consulatant is good. Once you have Canadian Education the odds might be in your favour.( Altough still a long shot )
Sir What was your CRS score , did you got any provincial nomination or your score was well above 440

amit03773

Feb 12, 2019
Hello Everyone .... If anyone wants to get Transcript couriered straight from IMU , Chennai to WES , Contact 9518221111

marinesent

Jul 10, 2018
hi guys, I have done WES and Celpip and final CRS is 400 and I cant apply for Express entry with this score, so I am opting for PNP program. Which Province shall i apply who shall recognize me?

soodan

Apr 27, 2019
Hi i am 3rd mate and wants to apply for PR through express entry. I have seen all the conversation in this thread but still my confusion exists about job experience. As per requirement we should have continous work experience but as a sailors we all are working on contractual basis and no company will give full term experience letter. So I just want to know what is the actual procedure to go via express entry as a merchant navy officer

boss_lady

May 4, 2019
Hello everyone! I really hope you could help me on this one. I had cruiseship experience for 5 years and i have no clue how to declare those for EE requirement. I only work for 1 company under those 5 years and got promoted along the way with 6-7 months contract. Unlike other positions here, i worked as a asst. shop manager in a passenger cruise. I have two choices to ask for a reference letter: an agency to go to and/or a direct supervisor (shop manager). Who would be my best option?

I hope you could help me. At least to see how your reference letter is drafted and what to put for the location of the previous job as i visited a lot of places while onboard. Please PM me or reply here and i’ll be monitoring.
Thank you very much.

nav464

Dec 14, 2018
Good Day Everyone
Iam a Canadian PR holding an Indian Master Mariner COC Currently residing in India.
Could anyone shed some light on the procedure and duration to obtain a Canadian COC
Thanks

khaira1221

May 27, 2018
If we have experience letter from company mentioning our salary , do we still need to show the proof of salary like bank statement or passbook ?