+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

decision made too fast?

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
@ oneluckycookie: Your countdown must be on! We'll be living in southwestern ontario. Ottawa's a beautiful city (I think). We have a rental and what-not all lined up already. Just no jobs yet. My husband can't get a job until his PR comes in and I just haven't really been looking yet. Sounds lazy, I know, but I'm not too worried. My husband comes from the Netherlands. He did work for the marechaussee for 5 years. Didn't serve overseas or anything, just security type work. I hope that doesn't slow things down.

And no, we didn't get the kids to get PR! LOL!

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Well, I don't have a job either. =/ Gonna start looking when I get there. Now I need to prepare the move and say goodbye to everyone. Only 3 weeks left here.... O_O

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Ange, when did you send in your application?

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I hear, you need to have an S.I.N. before you can look for a job in Canada. I also hear that you get items at landing to get your S.I.N.

For me, I got the E-CAS "decision made" 1 week ago. Still haven't got the letter or confirmation of anything. I hope you all are right that a quick decision hopefully menas that they have approved me to be with my wife full-time in Alberta.

One...small...step...at...a...time...

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
HI, well I got the letter today...decision is positive! On to the next step. So mirkopal - on to the longest wait ever! Or maybe we'll get lucky ;)

I am a Canadian Citizen so I already have a SIN. You certainly need one to get a job but its just a quick application. You also will get papers to apply for health care.

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey ange...

Does the letter also have instructions about your passport? Do they tell you how long it takes to have you send the passport and when to expect it back?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eric, the letter she got is just approval of sponsorship. The file will now be sent to the overseas mission. They do all the stuff to do with the PR application and requesting the passport.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
ange said:
HI, well I got the letter today...decision is positive! On to the next step. So mirkopal - on to the longest wait ever! Or maybe we'll get lucky ;)

I am a Canadian Citizen so I already have a SIN. You certainly need one to get a job but its just a quick application. You also will get papers to apply for health care.
congratulations with sponsorship approval! :)