Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Harry,

For old application, Seldec will never show 1 until visa is stamped thus from CAIPS, no one knows if it is 0 or 1.

For old application, if their PSDEC=1 and their points are allotted above 67 or equal to it, their file will be processed. Their e-case status should be "In process" till now.

Regards

harry_aussie said:
SELDEC is important for backlog applicants as well. PSDEC is just a paper selection decision and SELDEC is entered when points are allocated.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kghimire said:
Dear Harry,

For old application, Seldec will never show 1 until visa is stamped thus from CAIPS, no one knows if it is 0 or 1.

For old application, if their PSDEC=1 and their points are allotted above 67 or equal to it, their file will be processed. Their e-case status should be "In process" till now.

Regards
Hi!

Well if you go by that understanding then for PRE Feb 2008 cases, their applications can still be processed if PSDEC=1, SELDEC=0, but points less than 67. Check the following link and the case of Hamid22. His points are 55, PSDEC=1, SELDEC=0 but application still in process...I guess he will be given 12 points for IELTS later on or on the last BFD which was passed. Thanks

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bfs-d-according-to-caipsnote-pre-feb-2008-applicant-t129015.0.html

hamid22 said:
Dear Forum seniors,

Please share your experience in the following issue:

I am one of the pre- Feb-2008 applicants in skilled worker class. My caips note is as follow:

PSDEC: 1 04-06-2011
SELDEC: 0
Total points: 55
Paper file sent to BP file BF's d to: PB on 15-12-2012 MICROLOCATOR

However my points for IELTS test have not been calculated because ILETS test result was submitted to them by Brithish council in Islamabad only 4 days after the deadline in May 26 2011. The deadline for submitting all my original documents was May 22, 2011. So when I submitted my documents I only attached the slip of my ILETS test along with a cover letter that they will receive IELTS test result within a few in-coming days. Than they acknowledged the recite of my ILTEST test result by e-mail for which I can get 12 points.
Based on my caips note, I was expected to hear from CHC, Islamabad. But today is 22 of Dec 2012; still there is no news for embassy. I am getting worried. Could anyone from this forum PMM, Qorax,..... shed some lights on this that normally how long will it takes to hear after BF'd according to Caips note. On the other hand, my IELTS test result will be valid till May 8, 2013.

Thanks in advance from your comments and advice.

Best,

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
I know CAIPS does not reflect SELDEC until a decision has been made under selection grid. I have seen people where PSDEC 1 is reflected but still their application has been terminated or E-Cas has been updated to decision made by the operation of s87.4 . PSDEC is nothing accept clerical level checking for the required documents.

jo_1501

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
My status changed to decision made on january 1,2012 So I have come to the realisation that my file has been terminated so I'm planning to reapplyy next year as I am a cook. 5yrs of waiting and planning came to this

dream_come_true

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2004
Doc's Request.
Aug 2008
AOR Received.
June 2004
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All,

Iam a June 2004 FSW Applicant, updated my application in 2008 with my wife who is a RN and Kid's detail and also there was an address change which was promptly updated on the application status page. After two months I recieved a postal mail from Govt of Alberta stating they came to know that Iam interested in migrating to Canada specifically to the province of Alberta and they did asked me to update some details on a Govt of alberta portal to get some migration kit which I did. After that there is a complete freeze, but again in 2012 my address suddenly disappeared for short period of time which i understand lot of people had similar experience.
But I see in lot of posts where applicants state their status has been changed to "Decision made" but till date I do not know what is happening with my application as it is more than 8.6 years and the status still remain at "In Process".
Any one has any idea will i be affected by the Termination rule.

thanks
Dream_come_true

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream_come_true said:
Hi All,

Iam a June 2004 FSW Applicant, updated my application in 2008 with my wife who is a RN and Kid's detail and also there was an address change which was promptly updated on the application status page. After two months I recieved a postal mail from Govt of Alberta stating they came to know that Iam interested in migrating to Canada specifically to the province of Alberta and they did asked me to update some details on a Govt of alberta portal to get some migration kit which I did. After that there is a complete freeze, but again in 2012 my address suddenly disappeared for short period of time which i understand lot of people had similar experience.
But I see in lot of posts where applicants state their status has been changed to "Decision made" but till date I do not know what is happening with my application as it is more than 8.6 years and the status still remain at "In Process".
Any one has any idea will i be affected by the Termination rule.

thanks
Dream_come_true
Hi Dream Come true
Really your dream will be true as your status is “IN PROCESS “. You are fully save and will get MR soon
Regards
Jewel

dream_come_true

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2004
Doc's Request.
Aug 2008
AOR Received.
June 2004
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Jewel

what is your status ?

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
hi dream come true,
I am from NDVO. My status also inprocess for the last 101 months or 8.5 years. many 2004 applicants got DM in jan1. Mine is still inprocess.

PreetNL

Jan 3, 2013
HI

I also applied my case in feb 2005 at New Delhi and updated documents under review in Feb 2009 . and when I checked my status on 2nd Jan 2013 It was DM.

Does it mean my application has been rejected after wait of 8 years??

Really I am worried kindly anyone who experienced same ?? and what letter received after DM ( Without MR)

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
PreetNL said:
HI

I also applied my case in feb 2005 at New Delhi and updated documents under review in Feb 2009 . and when I checked my status on 2nd Jan 2013 It was DM.

Does it mean my application has been rejected after wait of 8 years??

Really I am worried kindly anyone who experienced same ?? and what letter received after DM ( Without MR)
There is still a chance that your MR is on its way so you have now two options wait for the MR or Join Litigation as the closeing date
is January 9th you have little time to act.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Please see this posting from one member, just to let you all know nothing to expect good from CIC, we just wait for the outcome of our litigation in January 2013.

Re: Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #1605 on: January 04, 2013, 04:56:35 pm »
Thanks wonderful and warmest for your comments on my request....Info given by you are very useful

I received my CAIPS in last week of Dec 2012 and at there I found entry on termination of my case after the manual review (on 2nd Nov). Initially CHC has suspended my case in July 2012 due to operation of law (OB 442). However my medicals valid until 18th Jan 2013. Furthermore I received feedback from CHC Colombo mentionning my case is affected by new law (1) for my personnel visit to CHC in August and (2) for a case specific inquiry made in Sept. Then 05 number of PRE FEB 2008 applicants (including myself) from Colombo VO who are in same status (completed medicals and still affected by new law) got together and handed over a collective petition to CHC Colombo (in Nov) requesting to process our applications and update us officially the current status of our applications. Then submitted a reminder to CHC in early Dec. Having not received any response other than the earlier two feedbacks recived from CHC and after going through my CAIPS in late Dec, I came to the decision of joining with litigation.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wounderful said:
Please see this posting from one member, just to let you all know nothing to expect good from CIC, we just wait for the outcome of our litigation in January 2013.

Re: Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #1605 on: January 04, 2013, 04:56:35 pm »
Thanks wonderful and warmest for your comments on my request....Info given by you are very useful

I received my CAIPS in last week of Dec 2012 and at there I found entry on termination of my case after the manual review (on 2nd Nov). Initially CHC has suspended my case in July 2012 due to operation of law (OB 442). However my medicals valid until 18th Jan 2013. Furthermore I received feedback from CHC Colombo mentionning my case is affected by new law (1) for my personnel visit to CHC in August and (2) for a case specific inquiry made in Sept. Then 05 number of PRE FEB 2008 applicants (including myself) from Colombo VO who are in same status (completed medicals and still affected by new law) got together and handed over a collective petition to CHC Colombo (in Nov) requesting to process our applications and update us officially the current status of our applications. Then submitted a reminder to CHC in early Dec. Having not received any response other than the earlier two feedbacks recived from CHC and after going through my CAIPS in late Dec, I came to the decision of joining with litigation.
Thanks wouderful for sharing this info..+1 for you..

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badal789 said:
Very clearly CIC announced that if a file assessed and awarded 67 or more points before 29 March 2012 then that file is accepted for further processing. Immigration processing has 2 steps first is Selection Criteria (PSDEC) and 2nd step is admissibility (SELDEC). Do not worry if SELDEC 0, important is PSDEC with point 1(positive) and just on the right side a date on or before 29 March 2012. If there is PSDEC with 0, 2, 3 or 4 means negative or PSDEC with 1 but date after 29 March 2012 then also negative.
For better understanding and to avoid confusion, please see the below text with source :

Am I affected by the FSW backlog elimination measures?
Now that the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act (Bill C-38) has become law, CIC will terminate processing Federal Skilled Worker files if applicants:
• applied before February 27, 2008, and
• have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria before March 29, 2012. (information on selection criteria is below)
CIC expects this will affect around 280,000 people including dependants.
CIC will return fees paid to the Department, without interest, for applications that are eliminated under the provisions in Bill C-38.CIC is currently finalizing the fee return process, which will involve confirming up-to-date contact and payee information.
CIC has set up a central task force based in Ottawa to handle the fee return process. More details will be posted on this website as they become available.
Q3. What does a decision based on Federal Skilled Worker selection criteria mean?
A decision based on Federal Skilled Worker selection criteria means that an immigration officer:
• has assessed your FSW application against the points grid,
and
• has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.
Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the following:
• the person's ability in English and/or French;
• their education;
• their work experience;
• their age;
• whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment); and
• how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse's education and relatives in Canada).
If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before a final decision is made and a visa is issued or not.
If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.

Source

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-qa.asp
Badal789 said:
Dear Cocknbull,
Hope you understand from CIC clarification about the PSDEC 1 and date to be on or before 29 March 2012. You are insisting about SELDEC again and again, for backlog applicants SELDEC is not important to have the files IN PROCESS.

thephilanthropist said:
Dear All Members,
The most powerful reason why people with Paper Selection decision positive AND total Points above 67 are kept in process MIGHT be due to decision that Hon. Justice Rennie has delivered in LIANG case.
I am quoting from the decision
"[43] However, section 87.3 does not eliminate the Minister's duty to process applications in a reasonably timely manner, at least those applications that are accepted for processing. There is no language in section 87.3 or any other amendment to the Act that extinguishes the longstanding, well-accepted duty to process applications in a reasonable time frame. The Minister can set instructions that permit him to return some applications without processing them at all, and thus obviously there is no further duty in respect of those applications. However, for those that are determined eligible for processing, the duty to do so in a reasonably timely manner remains, absent clear legislative language extinguishing that duty. The Ministerial Instructions inform the assessment of whether that duty is discharged in a reasonable period of time."

Please read carefully the wording of Hon. Judge of Federal Court that are marked in Bold and Italics. This may be the reason that those with positive paper selection decision and total point calculation greater than 67 is kept in process and I hope and pray that they might get processed. Further this are the oldest applications in the system.

Members please understand that what Hon. Judge has said that Minister has the power to return the application unprocessed and hence no further obligation for processing remains BUT for those determined eligible for processing, should be processed in timely manner. Thus, application eligibility for further process is determined at the Paper selection decision and if total points calculated is greater than 67 than only it goes for the review and SELDEC is entered. so I think (purely my thinking) that those with PSDEC positive and total points above 67 will be processed.

Disclaimer:
All views expressed are solely individual and further comments are welcomed.

noon said:
Hi cocknbull,

I. Information regarding points is deleted in CAIPS for applicants whose interviews are waived.

Recognizing that the CAIPS system was designed at a time where most applicants were asked for an interview, the database did not capture selection decisions for people who were not interviewed. With the new regulations, the majority of applicants are not interviewed as part of the selection process. Therefore, the information regarding selection decisions is lost in the CAIPS system. This makes it difficult to assess the impact of the selection criteria.
link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/evaluation/fswp/section1.asp

Your FSW application has been terminated by operation of law if:

you applied before February 27, 2008, and
a decision based on FSW program selection criteria* was not made on your application by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

(*A “FSW program selection criteria” decision means that a CIC officer has determined that you have accumulated enough points to qualify for the program, based on factors such as your language skills, education and work experience.)
link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-returns.asp

As you said SELDEC is important . But eventhough SELDEC is 0 in CAIPS notes of many pre feb applicants ,it does not mean that the application will be terminated. ie, if PSDEC=1, SELDEC=0 and points were calculated those applications may proceed.

Many thanks for your kind and continued support for pre feb applicants.

Kghimire said:
Dear Harry,

Regards

To Badal789 and all others, please check the following post of one Pre Feb 2008 applicant. His PSDEC=1, scored 73 points and even done medicals in Jan 2012 and still his case is terminated by operation of law. What you make of that?? Thank you....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decision-made-pre-feb-2008-applicant/-t113853.0.html;msg1982489#msg1982489

Sujman said:
I applied to CHC Colombo in Dec 2007. My PSDEC is 1 and scored 73 pionts. Did medicals in Jan 2012, but my case is terminated by CIC on 2nd Nov. due to operation of law after doing the manual review. I am going to join with litigation this week before lawyers close their litigation groups. I received my CAIPS in last wek hence the delay caused to join with litigation as I wanted to get clear information first.
Sujman said:

Jewel1020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Coocknbull
Pl do not confuse other with your own wrong explanation .
Main think is that all IN PROCESS applications of pre 2008 (till date) will be process for next step
, Means not close .

Do not think too much anout PSDEC , SELDEC better you should think how you will survive in the dream country

Regards
Jewel