Med's Done....
March 16, 2010
Passport Req..
May13,2010
LANDED..........
aug 21, 2010
scofield023 said:
friends,

how do you inquire the status of your application at the canadian embassy in manila?

thanks
scofield023

Anrebama was right.

If its urgent, You can fax them..... By calling or coming in person they are not going to entertain you.

obinlaine

Jul 9, 2010

I just checked my E-cas today and finally it turned to decision made...im from cavite and i hope to receive my visa soon :D

coolvolkz

Jun 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
01-20-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
coolvolkz said:
Hi Guys,

I also received a DM status last July 1 and I have some questions:

• My wife is already a canadian ccitizen, do I need to attend both Guidance and Counseling and PDOS?
  • If Guidance and Counseling only, do I need to register or walk-in is allowed because it's so hard to contact CFO since I live in Bulacan and I'm using a cellphone?
  • What do I need to bring(documents etc) in the seminar

Thanks,
boks
Answering my own question.

Just went to SMEF-COW this morning to take the Guidance and Counseling seminar. No need to take PDOS since wifey is a Canadian citizen. Took the seminar even without my passport and visa(hopefully it will arrive soon).

To all DM's last July 1, please let us know if you already received your package so we can assume what date will it arrive to others.

Thanks,
boks

coolvolkz

Jun 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
01-20-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
anrebama said:
@ ianpogi

Nku it might be a fraud nga!!! I checked out the online reservation, its all full until the last week of July (thanks for letting me know that its a lil bit difficult to get a schedule right away) , i wanna make an appointment on the 30th, kaso im not sure if the visa would arrive before that. Do you think itll be mailed before the 30th? Do u know someone here na natagalan ang Visa and umabot ng 3-4weeks before mareceive? we had decision made last july1st.. sana dumating na in a week or two..

Good Luck to us all!
GODSPEED
Hi anrebama,

I don't know if this could help but I called SMEF-COW yesterday because I'm confused on what seminar do I have to take. Some say PDOS, Guidance and Counseling etc. When I checked the online reservation for PDOS, there's a note saying if the petitioner is a foreign national or naturalized canadian citizen, you do not need to take PDOS.

I did try to call PDOS regarding this but it's too damn hard to contact them especially when using your cellphone. I gave up, and I called SMEF-COW for the Guidance and Counseling. They have 3 schedules everyday, 830am, 11am and 130pm.

I also asked them if I need to take PDOS, they told me NO. They said if the petitioner is a foreign national or naturalized (in short, Canadian citizen), you will only take the Guidance and Counseling seminar and give you the Certificate of Attendance. In case of SMEF-COW, instead of going to CFO office in Quirino, they will also release the CFO certificate and the sticker if you already have your passport and visa.

When I went to SMEF-COW this morning, there's a man with all his documents for the seminar, but when the registrar asked him if his wife is already a citizen, he said NO, immigrant as of now. The registrar told the man to go to CFO in Quirino (around 1 1/2 - 2hrs max travel time).

This is what I've encountered so far.

HTH

boks

anrebama

Jul 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M & Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27, 2010
File Transfer...
March 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 24, 2010 - Received on July 22
LANDED..........
PDOS July28 - Landed on Aug.10,2010
@boks

Thanks for the information!!! Did you receive ur visa already?

lizzy-elle

Jul 9, 2010
hi everyone! :)
im just new here but i used to visit this site always almost everyday,status of my application is "in process" turned "decision made" July 1st ;D and so happy about it, i've read that most of us here got their DM's on july1 too, did somebody got their visa packages now? if anyone did can u please post it here...Good luck to all of us and i hope that the long waiting game will be over as we receive our visas because it was very tiring:) lets continue to pray for it ;)

anrebama

Jul 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M & Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27, 2010
File Transfer...
March 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@lizzy-ellle

I got my DM on July 1st too, well im assuming its July 1st, coz it really didnt have the date when it changed -- i just happened to checked my hubby's status that day. Can you post ur timeline please?!

I hope that all the visas are on the way.
Best of luck to us all.
-will leep u guys posted if something comes up.

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! First off, congrats to all those who got their DM's already! :)

I'm still in the process of putting together my application, but hopefully will send it by the end of this month. While researching, I stumbled upon people's timelines. I noticed a few people getting asked for a "personal history" document. Can somebody please clarify this for me?

Thank you very much!!

lizzy-elle

Jul 9, 2010
@anrebama

here's my timeline

feb. 17, 2010 - they've started processing my application
feb. 23, 2010 - receive AOR
mar. 12, 2010 - sent NBI, BC, CENOMAR, MC and PASSPORT
april 27, 2010 - medical got expired
may 04, 2010 - CIC send a letter for renewal of medical
may 22, 2010 - received the letter of renewal (via snail mail)
may 24, 2010 - medical renewed
july 01, 2010 - DM
waiting for visa... ;)

can post your timeline too,tnx!

anrebama

Jul 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M & Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27, 2010
File Transfer...
March 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lizzy-elle said:
@ anrebama

where are you in canada? if you don't mind me asking;D
Winnipeg.. U?
My timeline is in page 10. Thanks for posting yours!!! Goodluck to both of us. Ill keep u posted.

coolvolkz

Jun 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
01-20-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
anrebama said:
@ boks

Thanks for the information!!! Did you receive ur visa already?
Not yet, I hope it will arrive soon (today hehe). There were cases that the applicants were called by the embassy to pick-up their package. When my wife and I went to the Canadian embassy last month, one man on the line told us that he was called by the embassy to pick-up his package. Hope the embassy will call us too so we can just get ours in a much shorter time and the waiting game is over. ;D