+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made and will contact....but no Contact and its been a month?

kb07

Oct 26, 2012
I have asked many times on this forum about this (as I am getting a bit obsessed) but I still just don't understand. Why would they say decision made (this is for the principail applicants by the way) but never contact us. Meds are done, no interview was asked for I was approved as sponsor etc. We already paid all fees up front when we sent in application and my boyfriend is from Belgium so he won't have to send in his passport. So what do you think the deal is? Should I try to contact CIC? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
and good luck to all! x

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Decision made and will contact....but no Contact and its been a month?

kb07 said:
I have asked many times on this forum about this (as I am getting a bit obsessed) but I still just don't understand. Why would they say decision made (this is for the principail applicants by the way) but never contact us. Meds are done, no interview was asked for I was approved as sponsor etc. We already paid all fees up front when we sent in application and my boyfriend is from Belgium so he won't have to send in his passport. So what do you think the deal is? Should I try to contact CIC? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
and good luck to all! x
Hi kb07 it sounds as though you are near the end of the process, which is a good thing :). Which visa office is processing your file? Can you send a CSE (case specific enquiry) to that VO? For sure you can call CIC and if no answer or results, contact your MP's office. I have read many times on this forum that people just get the COPRs in the mail without any prior communication but it is nerve wracking when you do not know what is going on. Maybe you were posting your question in the wrong thread? This will bump it up again and I'm sure a few of the senior folks will chime in. Blessings.

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
kb07 said:

Cheers
and good luck to all! x
Our eCAS showed Decision Made on February 20, 2013. I tried contacting the Ottawa office numerous times to find out what was going on, as we were in the same situation - all fees paid upfront, interview waived and PPR was nearly the beginning of February. We found out this week that they've finally sent out his COPR, so unfortunately, it looks like you're not alone -- it's been over two months for us before we heard anything after DM.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Did the principal applicant's address at least change to the sponsor's Canadian address?
Coz if it did, it is a positive sign.

kb07

Oct 26, 2012
Thank you so much all! It makes me feel so much better to hear other people going through the same thing!!! The principal applicants home address changed to Vancouver BC Canada and thats it.....I think I will try to conctact cic next week to try to get a handle on things. And yes...it is so nerveracking because then you begin to think...what is I did something wrong??!!!!

Thank you friends!
And bless this site...how much help it has been!!

x

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sounds like the COPR got lost in the post. If your partner is Belgian, the file went through Paris VO. The address on ecas + the "decision made" is a good sign that it's positive. So by now, you should have received the COPR in the mail. Since you haven't, contact Paris, and ask them to re-issue one.
Sweden

kb07

Oct 26, 2012
We have tried to contact paris and apparently...their is no way that we can! Should I just tried calling CIC from my end in Canada, will they know more?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

kb07 said:
We have tried to contact paris and apparently...their is no way that we can! Should I just tried calling CIC from my end in Canada, will they know more?
Did you use the Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) e-mail address for Paris that should have been listed in your sponsor approval letter? In the subject line you can write "Urgent" in all capitals. Yes, you can also call CIC from your end and you can also call your MP's office for advice. They typically have one staff person that deals with immigration. Whatever works but try to do each step consecutively (one after the other) not simultaneously as that can cause confusion. Good luck.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Go here https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=paris for the Case Specific Enquiry for the Paris office

tuntuni

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 march 2013
AOR Received.
17th april 2013
File Transfer...
17th april
Med's Request
february 6th
Med's Done....
20th january
Passport Req..
feb 11th and sent and recieved on march 6th by SVO decision made april 25th :D PASSPORT DISPATCHED 19TH MAY
does anyone know where you can check that the applicants address has been changed to sponsors address?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

tuntuni said:
does anyone know where you can check that the applicants address has been changed to sponsors address?
hello @tuntuni I believe people are referring to ecas for the address change.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Order ATIP notes to see what is going on, as we have a user in parents forum who had decision made 2 months ago and yet passport wasn't returned, he ordered his GCMS notes and saw that application was actually IN PROGRESS while everything was done, he has tried to inquire but no response from New Delhi embassy
So it does happen

kb07

Oct 26, 2012
Re: Decision made and will contact....but no Contact and its been 2 months?

:| We still have not heard anything. I wonder if they do this on purpose to torture us? It has been almost 2 months with decision made and nothing!!! arggggggghh