+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

manal2

Oct 24, 2012
Don't worry this is happen to my son the statuse was in process and change to DM and he got the oath letter then after that the statuse return to in process but he is Canadian now so don't worry about this

Mikey777

Nov 20, 2015
Thanks, hope to be scheduled for oath soon, as I tried to call CIC but I didn't get any reply as I didn't pass 6 months after the test .

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
I'm now Canadian..
Test was on October 15, Decision made October 17th (or 19th not sure)
Oath invitation Letter sent out on October 27 for Oath on November 9th.
When did you file your application and which office? Congratulations by the way!

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
IllaBee said:
When did you file your application and which office? Congratulations by the way!
Application received Oct 30,2014
In Process: Jan 07,2015
Stamp translation: feb 2015
File transfer: March 2015 (Misssissauga office)
Fingerprints: April 2015

I hope this helps:)

oai

Nov 18, 2015
testing.
Has anyone here ever been comfortable with the part of the oath that asks to affirm/pledge allegiance to the Queen and her heirs?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
sept15 said:
My spouse had her Citizenship test on May 27 and today when we checked her online status, it says Decision Made... I was surprised to see that because typically its only after the oath, this status comes up? anyone in the same situation or any information on this?

she never received any RQ, normal case, interview was good...

any hints will be good...

we were anticipating that she will have the oath on July 1 (usually there is a ceremony)...

thnx
Aloha.
I know I'm super late to the topic, but I would like to give my input.
The "Decision Made" status varies a lot from office to office. I'm at Montreal Office and my "Decision Made" status appeared precisely 2 days after my test. That's about the average here in Montreal.
But I also know some people who are already citizens and their status are still " In Process" (not from Montreal, though).

applelex

Nov 24, 2015
Hi Guys ,
I have one question .
When I'm checking my status, i see on the first page that Client application status Updated on Tuesdays.
So is it true ?
And if so looks like it doesn't make any sense to checking status everyday day .

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
applelex said:
Hi Guys ,
I have one question .
When I'm checking my status, i see on the first page that Client application status Updated on Tuesdays.
So is it true ?
And if so looks like it doesn't make any sense to checking status everyday day .
ECAS can actually be updated anytime for me multiple times updates were done during Saturday evenings ideally you want to check ECAS twice a week which is more than enough.

applelex

Nov 24, 2015
samreentariq said:
ECAS can actually be updated anytime for me multiple times updates were done during Saturday evenings ideally you want to check ECAS twice a week which is more than enough.
Thank you very much

petroski

Dec 3, 2015
Hi there, this is my case.
I took the test with my wife last week 11/27/15, both passed and had a wonderfull interview.
today 12/3/15, I checked the eCAS and she has the "Decision Made" and mine is still "In Process".... don't know what to think I am literally freaking out, what could have gone wrong????

sent app 2/17/15
AOR 3/19/15
file transfer 6/05/15
test 11/27/15

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Been almost 3 weeks now since my test which i cleared with flying colors. The officer told me that it would take around 1-3 months for the Oath invitation to arrive in the mail. However on Ecas it is still not showing Decision made.

What does a delay in the online status showing Decision made mean?

MBK2

May 2, 2013
Mikey777 said:
I am new in this forum, Applied October 2014 had my test and interview September 2015 the interview was very smooth, I had my passports translated as it wasn't in English,the officer reviewed the stamps with the resident calculater and he had the CBSA report in front of him and also he compared the stamps.
At first the officer asked me If he can keep the translation with him, I answered sure . At the end of the interview he told me I don't need the traslation you can keep it for you record.
At the end he told me that all what he needs now and I am good to go.nothing was mentioned about oath
I haven't received any additional request for documents
Last week my status online changed to Decision made and I requested my turnicated name to be removed in my initial application
2 days ago the status on line changed back to In process.
Any one experienced this change before ,please reply is it a good sign or an error in the system.

Office Mississauga
Applied October 2014
Strat processing January 2015
Test passed September 2015
Oath ???

My parents applied in July 2014, test on Sept 2015 at Mississauga. More than 2months since test/interview, still no news about Oath.
Mum passes test (she was told), dad is over 55, so no test.
They got RQ before test.
Still "in process"
Dates are similar to yours, so thought i'd share
You aren't the only one waiting for oath....hang in there!

Mikey777

Nov 20, 2015
Thanks MBK2 for you reply, hope your parents will get invited soon for oath, I would like to ask another question,could I get an RQ after 3 months from test date?I am wondering why there is no decision made till now.And if they need additional documents why they didn't send a letter asking for it. Hope that it is only some security checks are delaying the process.

Mikey777

Nov 20, 2015
Last week my online status changed again to Decision made , and after two days I received oath invitation in first week of January, and also it was updated online.
Good Luck for those who still waiting for their decision, your turn will come soon.

iamca2000

Jan 12, 2016
Online status says decision made, but nothing new in the notes. Should they be updated the same day or will it take time to update the online status, any idea, still waiting for a letter..thx