+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well if online status say decision made it mean your journey to citizenship i over and you are in line for the OATH , so good news and goo luck to get oath sooner generally its 3 to 5 month you can get it in this time frame , unless citizenship officer forget to update anything , if its pass 6 month you call the cic customer service and ask them the delay and they will make note to the citizenship officer about it
hope it helps

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am so didturbed that after almost 2 months from my citizenship test my ecas still shows "in process" i really wonder why.. I have no been asked for any extra documents a smooth interview..
Help pls.! Anyone in a similar situation or has any idea why there is such a delay in the "decision made"?

Thank u

iamca2000

Jan 12, 2016
aloksh25 said:
Well if online status say decision made it mean your journey to citizenship i over and you are in line for the OATH , so good news and goo luck to get oath sooner generally its 3 to 5 month you can get it in this time frame , unless citizenship officer forget to update anything , if its pass 6 month you call the cic customer service and ask them the delay and they will make note to the citizenship officer about it
hope it helps
Thank you..will update ...when any changes..all the best..

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I have passed the test on August 5 last year, its been over 5 months, my application still in process, I have not heard anything from CIC

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Ohh my God! Is this normal?? Where is ur cic office.. Do u have a routine case?
Because nowadays i am seeing people having their decision made a couple of days after the test.. Did u contact ur Mp or order ATIP?? N if so could u pls share?? Thanks a lot for ur help

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hello everyone,

I am so didturbed that after almost 2 months from my citizenship test my ecas still shows "in process" i really wonder why.. I have no been asked for any extra documents a smooth interview..
Help pls.! Anyone in a similar situation or has any idea why there is such a delay in the "decision made"?

Thank u

Its regular time frame, dont worry, Depending upon the volume of application at the visa offices, they schedule the Oath ceremonies.

If you had the required number of days, interview went well, there is nothing to worry about. It may take few more weeks.

BTW, which is your visa office ?

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 26, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Loriboo said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 26, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Have you ordered an ATIP?

It might help to get an ATIP and see what shows up in it

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Order ATIP Report and see where your file is , then take the action according to it , you need to see in like where is your physical file and , last Updated status

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Fortheloveofcanada said:
@canadiandesi2006

Sorry for my late reply.. My office is ottawa
As you might be aware except CIC Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary, rest of the CIC offices are still slow and the time frame you mentioned is seems to be regular.

If you have required number of the minimum physical days present in Canada and dont have excessive overseas travel history, there is nothing to worry at all than just to wait. Judging from the pace for other applicants progress, its could be few weeks.

However, its good idea to get the ATIP, probably you are aware it takes about 35 days. This will give you a better idea and clarify your doubts what could be the reasons if any.

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Do any one have idea how long its takes to get oath letter after DM on online status but nothing show inside just decision made