+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision after procedural fairness letter (PFL)

Tim31

Sep 12, 2019
Hi Guys!
I have applied for study permit July 31 (with upfront medical exam). The biometrics status changed only August 22 (became completed). I made a request used web form August 29. In that day later I received PFL, where an officer required additional information about my refuse US visa. In my application I pointed only 1 refuse, but there were 2 actually. I prepared the answer and additional documents and sent it September 4. There is still not answer. Processing time for my country - 5 weeks. I think my support documents are ok, only this mistake can have influence on officer's decision. My study will start in January 2020.

Does anyone have experience with PFL? Has anybody got positive decision after PFL?

Tim31

Sep 12, 2019
Thank you. I didn't find any information about positive decision after PFL, can it happen? Or PFL means future refuse?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you. I didn't find any information about positive decision after PFL, can it happen? Or PFL means future refuse?
It can lead to a positive decision, but the odds are usually not good. Especially in your case since there's really no good explanation for not telling IRCC about your prior visa refusal.

You should assume that your application will be denied and hope that you don't get banned.

Woodad

Sep 30, 2019
Hi Guys!
I have applied for study permit July 31 (with upfront medical exam). The biometrics status changed only August 22 (became completed). I made a request used web form August 29. In that day later I received PFL, where an officer required additional information about my refuse US visa. In my application I pointed only 1 refuse, but there were 2 actually. I prepared the answer and additional documents and sent it September 4. There is still not answer. Processing time for my country - 5 weeks. I think my support documents are ok, only this mistake can have influence on officer's decision. My study will start in January 2020.

Does anyone have experience with PFL? Has anybody got positive decision after PFL?
May i know what was the outcome of ur pfl? Rejected or ban? Or accepted luckily? Please do reply..

Emily00

Dec 17, 2019
I applied for a study permit from Ghana and
I received a procedural fairness letter that the bank statement I used is fraudulent.
But I am 100% accurate that, that is where I have been saving(microfinance) for 2years now.
I'm extremely worried and afraid of the 5year ban.

How do I go about the response
I have requested an introduction letter from my bank.
What other supporting documents do I need..

Is there a chance of getting my visa approved
Please assist I am devastated

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I received a procedural fairness letter that the bank statement I used is fraudulent.
But I am 100% accurate that, that is where I have been saving(microfinance) for 2years now.

Did you apply yourself or did you use an agent?

If you did it all yourself, and you are certain that the statement is not fraudulent, you need to gather documents from the bank that prove it. A letter from the bank manager, all your bank statements from the time you started the account, copies of any other bank documents you have, news reports talking about the bank (to show that the bank is real), pictures of the bank building, a copy of their business license.. anything and everything you can collect that proves that:

a. The bank is real
b. Your account in that bank is real

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

You need to provide a genuine bank statement, not a fake one.

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023
Hi Guys!

hello, please how did this play out? Did you get a positive decision?

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023
OP hasn’t been on forum since 2019. Why did you get PFL? When and what documents did you provide to respond?
Hello, I got a PFL yesterday about omitting us visa refusals, i only provided previous Canada refusal. I have 7 days to respond