+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

kari22

Jan 28, 2019
I finally took my oath in person on 25th Jan after ~14 months(Applied Dec-19,2021). Good luck to all the folks here. This forum has been super helpful to me while I waited. Best thing about being a Canadian citizen is I don’t have to deal with IRCC anymore.

Application : Single, Online
Physical Presence : 1120 days
Application sent and received : Dec 19, 2021.
AOR : Feb 18, 2022
Test Invite - Aug 30, 2022
Attempt - Sep 24, 2022
Completed - Sep 26, 2022
Background Check - Aug 9, 2022
Prohibitions/PP/Language - Dec 13, 2022
Oath Ceremony - In Progress. Scheduled on 1/25.
Did you receive your certificate already?

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I understand the case processing time varies between applicants, but the wait without any correspondence/updates and incorrect information on the tracker are so unpleasant, worrisome and stressful. My application has a chaotic status. I would appreciate sharing your experience on how to ensure it gets processed.

Ghost update on December 16, 2022, but nothing has changed.
Type: Online Application
Application Office: Vancouver
Application submitted: December 23, 2021
AOR: February 21, 2022
Test Marked Complete: September 22, 2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills, Background verification are "In Progress."
Citizenship Oath: Not started

Application online status: waiting for additional documents, but I didn't receive any correspondence. I called IRCC they said nothing is pending, just a system glitch. I called IRCC several times and was advised that the processing time is 24 months, and I still need to wait.
You and I very similar situations and timelines and are from the same location (Vancouver). Mine also only test completed somewhere around early October. AOR on Feb. Background and LPP are in progress. Oath not started. Tired of checking the tracker everyday :( Please let know if you get any updates or news.

Reactions: ATKK_H

byehello1

Jul 21, 2011
Please update the tracker

December 6 - Test invite and request for passport copies
December 19 - Test Interview Date

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Let us know when you receive the certificate, I am having same Oath date and place.
A couple others who had their virtual oath on January 31 (Scarborough office) got their certificates already. I checked with IRCC over the phone and they said the certificate was mailed on Feb 1. But I still don’t see it.
Do you know if they mailed yours?

s_m_0048

Feb 7, 2023
A couple others who had their virtual oath on January 31 (Scarborough office) got their certificates already. I checked with IRCC over the phone and they said the certificate was mailed on Feb 1. But I still don’t see it.
Do you know if they mailed yours?
My office was Scarborough, but I stay in Markham. I suspect that might be a reason for delay in delivery of certificate. Where should I call to know when the certificate was mailed? IRCC's specific contact number?

priu

Oct 19, 2014
Hello All,

Received my certificate and already have a passport appointment on Monday

What a journey it has been since stressing over PR in 2019 to finally becoming Canadian in 2023.

This forum has been a great help to me. Good luck to the rest of you on your journey. God Bless.
Congratulations! Did you book passport appointment in advance? Can you please guide me through the passport process for Vancouver? Thanks in advance!

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
My office was Scarborough, but I stay in Markham. I suspect that might be a reason for delay in delivery of certificate. Where should I call to know when the certificate was mailed? IRCC's specific contact number?
Probably. I live very close to Scarborough though.
You can either send an email to the email address that you used to send your signed oath letter, or you can call IRCC at (888)242-2100

update: I just checked and found my certificate in the mail. Pretty sure yours is on the way too!

Last edited:

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Congratulations! Did you book passport appointment in advance? Can you please guide me through the passport process for Vancouver? Thanks in advance!
Just walk in at the waterfront location before 8am and youll be out by 10

Reactions: priu

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,300 +
Application: Single
Application sent: December 1, 2021
Delivered: December 1, 2021
AOR: February 10, 2022
Background check completed: Aug 24th
Test Invite : Aug 26th (Sept 2 - 22 test window)
Test completed: Sept 6th
Physical Presence, Prohibitions, Language skills - Dec 16th
Oath Ceremony: Feb 1st 2023
Update:
Case Closed: Feb 3rd
Received Citizenship Certificate today - Feb 7th (4 business days since oath).

The Scarborough office is pretty quick in sending out Certificates.

Good luck everybody!!

Reactions: davidfore

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Hi guys,

I attended my in-person Oath Ceremony last week and got citizenship certificate at the same time. I have applied for passport now. Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. You guys have been really helpful from the point when I started my journey for Canadian PR back in 2017. Here is my timeline.

Type: Online Application
Application Submitted: Dec 23, 2021
AOR Date: Feb 18 2022
Background Check : Aug 24, 2022
Test Completed: Sep 29, 2022
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language Skills: Dec 13, 2022
Oath scheduled: Jan 18, 2023
Oath Ceremony (In-Person): Jan 30, 2023

Thank you everyone and best of luck to those who are in still in the process. Hope you complete your Canadian Citizenship Journey soon!!