+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
The oaths were happening earlier but they have been paused for now as IRCC is working on some technical aspects.
A friend of mine had their oath ceremony last Wednesday and he was sworn in. I don't know if things have changed in less than a week though or so, but oaths were happening as of last week.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Before calling others nonsense, you should read more. It shows more about your intellect than anything else.

Oaths have NOT been happening since last few weeks and the immigration officer himself told me oaths will resume from April.
People are reporting new March oath dates on other threads.

Reactions: EUK

diddledo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
I received my test invite. I am a single applicant.

Application Received: 16/December/2019
AOR: 20/February/2020
In process: 01/March/2020
Test Invite: 10/March/2021
Test passed: 20/March/2021

Sep14CEC_2282

Sep 13, 2015
Call them to inquire (888-242-2100), and use the webform but they take about a week or more to reply to it. Finally, email your MP's office and they will get a detailed update to give to you. My file moved after I spoke to my MP in less than two weeks (got my test invite), might have been a coincidence but it will surely bring attention to the officer in charge of your file.
Thansk YBnormal.
Did all 3 now, lets see how it goes. Hopefully some movement soon.

Reactions: YBnormal

Sep14CEC_2282

Sep 13, 2015
I received my test invite. I am a single applicant.

Application Received: 16/December/2019
AOR: 20/February/2020
In process: 01/March/2020
Test Invite: 10/March/2021
Test passed: 20/March/2021
I got AOR on 14th Feb 2020, nothing after that. have you got finger prints request?

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
A friend of mine had their oath ceremony last Wednesday and he was sworn in. I don't know if things have changed in less than a week though or so, but oaths were happening as of last week.
That was probably one of the last ceremonies because new oath invites weren't being sent since last few weeks. The ones who did their oath ceremonies got their invites long back. That's what I have been hearing on this forum.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
People are reporting new March oath dates on other threads.
Yes, I am aware of that. Someone reported an oath ceremony a few hours after I wrote that oath ceremonies are not happening. Hopefully IRCC have resolved whatever their issues were and we should start getting oath invites soon. I guess there are quite a few with Decision Made and waiting for oath.

Reactions: blingyrie

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Yes, I am aware of that. Someone reported an oath ceremony a few hours after I wrote that oath ceremonies are not happening. Hopefully IRCC have resolved whatever their issues were and we should start getting oath invites soon. I guess there are quite a few with Decision Made and waiting for oath.
agree, hope we start getting oath ceremony invites soon.

jad_122

Dec 19, 2019
Why can't we see movement for Quebec applicant? Any Dec-2019 applicant from Quebec got test invitation?
[/QUOTE
Why can't we see movement for Quebec applicant? Any Dec-2019 applicant from Quebec got test invitation?
[/QU
Still waiting. I can see that most of Montreal Nov.19 applicants have been invited and only 1 person in December .So hopefully we will be invited next moth.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Guys, don't be afraid of calling cic because of long wait times...It's definitely not like cra and it doesn't take long at all, it took me less than 5 min and I called around 9am..I was prepared to wait for hours like everyone told me lol Just call in the morning. The agent was also very pleasant just like cra, make sure you have your information ready (your application #) She told me I did pass the test and that everything looks good. I just have to wait for the next step. I will probably call again in a few weeks if nothing changes

Reactions: Hapique

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Guys, don't be afraid of calling cic because of long wait times...It's definitely not like cra and it doesn't take long at all, it took me less than 5 min and I called around 9am..I was prepared to wait for hours like everyone told me lol Just call in the morning. The agent was also very pleasant just like cra, make sure you have your information ready (your application #) She told me I did pass the test and that everything looks good. I just have to wait for the next step. I will probably call again in a few weeks if nothing changes
It was what appears in the file I guess?? If yes should be good. I was wondering about phoning them but maybe a bit early. We have same date test passed i guess