+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Sphynx 90 again here
Took the test today (March 18, 2021), I studied the book for a long time...but the test wasn't as easy as I expected, there were 3 questions I had to guess the answer and couldn't remember reading about it in the book, I got 20/20 but I am worried because it was hard for me to take a photo, I tried 5+ times and it was still blurry...there were plenty other technical issues: something was off with the camera...the server crashed one time (before I started the test)
Now I am just hoping they won't make me retest because it was so nerve-wrecking...

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi Everyone, both me and my wife received our test invites today and we have until April 11th to finish the test. Hopefully this a cue that applications are being processed and more test invites are on the way.

Below is my timeline:

Application: Family (3)
Physical Presence: 1,116
App. Sent: Dec. 20, 2019
AOR: Feb. 26, 2020
In Progress: March 10, 2020
Test Invite: March 18, 2021

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Sphynx 90 again here
Took the test today (March 18, 2021), I studied the book for a long time...but the test wasn't as easy as I expected, there were 3 questions I had to guess the answer and couldn't remember reading about it in the book, I got 20/20 but I am worried because it was hard for me to take a photo, I tried 5+ times and it was still blurry...there were plenty other technical issues: something was off with the camera...the server crashed one time (before I started the test)
Now I am just hoping they won't make me retest because it was so nerve-wrecking...
Hope for the best

Reactions: Tess90

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.
2ND WEEK OF JULY 2010
AOR Received.
LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2010
Med's Request
1ST WEEK OF MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
3RD WEEK OF MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LAST WEEK OF APRIL 2013
LANDED..........
JULY 2013
Decision made today. my timelines:
Application Received: 12/December/2019
AOR: 17/February/2020
In process: 10/March/2020
Test Invite: 17/February/2021
Test passed: 25/February/2021
Decision Made: 19/March/2021

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
All,

I called IRCC yesterday and asked the following

"I completed the test on Mar 07 and eCAS changed to Decision Made on Mar 11. Since i have an imminent travel coming up, should i submit urgent processing" ? "when should i expect oath ceremony ?"

Response : Urgent processing may take atleast few weeks to reach the processing office. There is no standard timeline on how long it takes to "invite applicants" for oath ceremony and it is case to case. She mentioned i should expect oath ceremony soon, but cannot share any timelines. my processing office is Hamilton.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Sphynx 90 again here
Same I took the test today and it was much difficult than sample practice test I practiced and got usually 90%, NO any questions I practiced appearing. So one thing i want to say if you got very high score when you did quiz online does not reflect anything.

Reactions: Tess90

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.
2ND WEEK OF JULY 2010
AOR Received.
LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2010
Med's Request
1ST WEEK OF MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
3RD WEEK OF MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LAST WEEK OF APRIL 2013
LANDED..........
JULY 2013

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Decision made today. my timelines:
Application Received: 12/December/2019
AOR: 17/February/2020
In process: 10/March/2020
Test Invite: 17/February/2021
Test passed: 25/February/2021
Decision Made: 19/March/2021

Really hope you don't have to wait to long for your Oath.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
All,

I called IRCC yesterday and asked the following

"I completed the test on Mar 07 and eCAS changed to Decision Made on Mar 11. Since i have an imminent travel coming up, should i submit urgent processing" ? "when should i expect oath ceremony ?"

Response : Urgent processing may take atleast few weeks to reach the processing office. There is no standard timeline on how long it takes to "invite applicants" for oath ceremony and it is case to case. She mentioned i should expect oath ceremony soon, but cannot share any timelines. my processing office is Hamilton.
When I called IRCC they said agents are busy and did not add me to the waiting line. They just hang up and try another day. What time is the best for calling?

YBnormal

Feb 14, 2021
When I called IRCC they said agents are busy and did not add me to the waiting line. They just hang up and try another day. What time is the best for calling?
I call back right away and then it somehow goes through. One time I got hung up on twice in a row and then tried back after 15 minutes and it went through.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I have noticed that some people try calling cic after just 2 weeks of taking the test? I am confused - what's the point of it and I bet it might make them angry?
Am I missing something? Did you guys call?
Also, I keep reading about people getting interview invites? Has it become more common? I don't know anyone in real life who had to do that

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I have noticed that some people try calling cic after just 2 weeks of taking the test? I am confused - what's the point of it and I bet it might make them angry?
Also, I keep reading about people getting interview invites? Has it become more common? I don't know anyone in real life who had to do that
Angry about what exactly? Calling them? This is called a "call-center" hence they are there to receive calls with questions. Nothing else.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tess90,

I’m guessing here that most people are calling after 2 weeks to make sure their test score is accepted and have been added to their application. They are well aware that the agent on the phone can do nothing to expedite one’s process.

people are just anxious with the delay due to covid. Earlier in the pre covid times, test results were accepted then and there at test centre and over 90% of applicants get decision made the following day. Some even get next day oath invites.

Reactions: YBnormal and Tess90

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Sphynx 90 again here
How was the quality of photo you took from webcam. I tried my best but actually webcam from laptop does not work well like iphone or ipad. I was a bit blurry, I attempted a few time before submitted but just a bit better. my face photo looks clearer than PR card photo. this is my concern.