+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
twist said:
Hi,

I got a new line on my ECAS, does anyone know what it means (see line below in bold)? The application status still says "In Process". My file was transferred to my local office (Montreal) the 21th of May, and I passed the citizenship test and did the interview the 7th of July. The interview went well (very smoothly), so I was quite confident, but this new line worries me a bit...

My ECAS:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 24, 2015.
We sent you a letter on July 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The transfer line disappeared and never reappeared. I never got a line for the citizenship test.

Thanks!
It most probably be a oath invite. Good luck and keep us posted.

federiko

Jul 17, 2015
Hi everyone, i passed my citizenship test in may 22 (Montreal office) but i have not received any other notification so far, and i know some people that passed the test the same day and they already have their citizenship so i want to know if someone passed the test in may and haven't received any other notification.

Thanks

Oliverp

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17th September
My ecas was just updated saying my Oath Ceremony is on August 4th (my test was on June 26th in Scarborough).
I am now waiting for the letter in the mail to confirm the location.
Thanks
Oliver

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My transfer line never re-appeared and since March i don't see any update (no test invite) is it happening to other Mississauga applicants as well?

redapple

Apr 23, 2011
Submitted my application in dec 2014. Received RQ in april 2015 ( im short of 18 days of the required physical presence), submitted all the requirements same month. Got a letter for citizenship test on july 20,..... you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents yiu provided at the time you applied. During the interview, you will be asked to demonstrate your knowledge of english or french....

Anybody whose in the same boat as mine? Anybody who got interviewed after the test? Your input is highly apprecited.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redapple said:
Submitted my application in dec 2014. Received RQ in april 2015 ( im short of 18 days of the required physical presence), submitted all the requirements same month. Got a letter for citizenship test on july 20,..... you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents yiu provided at the time you applied. During the interview, you will be asked to demonstrate your knowledge of english or french....

Anybody whose in the same boat as mine? Anybody who got interviewed after the test? Your input is highly apprecited.
RQ or no RQ, everyone gets interviewed after the test

redapple

Apr 23, 2011
CanV said:
RQ or no RQ, everyone gets interviewed after the test
Thanks canv. I thought i'm singled out due to RQ coz i asked majority of my friends and they got no interview in the past. :)

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oliverp said:
My ecas was just updated saying my Oath Ceremony is on August 4th (my test was on June 26th in Scarborough).
I am now waiting for the letter in the mail to confirm the location.
Thanks
Oliver
Congratulations. I think you are one of those lucky souls to receive the faster oath invite from Scarborough. Was your ECAS changed to Decision Made? When did it change to Decision Made?

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
e.chad said:
My transfer line never re-appeared and since March i don't see any update (no test invite) is it happening to other Mississauga applicants as well?
Same like mine...!

Oliverp

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17th September
Mine changed to 'Decision Made' about 2 days after the test.
Thanks
Oliver

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
My passed her citizenship test in Kitchener last friday (July 10th), she was told that the Oat ceremony will be in 2-3 months.
The thing that her e-cas account is still stuck at Local Office Transfer. Even the test invitation sent by regular mail a couple weeks ago does not show on e-cas.
Looks like some LO do not update e-cas ?

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I received pink letters in mail this morning, Invitation for Oath Ceremony for us to be held 29th of this Month.
The turn out time is very quick, we appeared for the test 26th June, 2015.

Oliverp

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17th September
Congrats! I hope to get my letter today too

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I received pink letters in mail this morning, Invitation for Oath Ceremony for us to be held 29th of this Month.
The turn out time is very quick, we appeared for the test 26th June, 2015.
Congratulations ... did your ECAS change to DM immediately after the test?

fatosa

Jun 18, 2015
I received a call today about my oath ceremony. I have been selected to attend the oath at the PAN AM closing ceremonies on August 12. I was told to bring my PR and landing paper, however i dont have the original landing paper. When I wrote the test the immigration officer asked me to complete a form (forgot what it was called) and wrote a sticky note that indicated that I have sent in my original document with the a PR renewal application. She said that it would be fine when i come for the oath, she did say that applying for a replacement takes a long time so not to bother with. I am just wondering would they actually have the file there at the ceremony since it contains that form and the note?