yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I had my test today and passed 20/20.
Congrats!!

Don't rely on online tests completely because questions in the test are asked indirectly not directly.
Read book 3-4 times or as many times you feel comfortable.

Online tests can sharpen your memory but you still have to rely on the study guide(official Discover Canada Book)
Agree totally!

During interview the citizenship officer has approved my application and said congratulations to me and he told me that I will receive oath letter in 2-3 months.

Now waiting for oath.
Congrats again!

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Don't rely on online tests completely because questions in the test are asked indirectly not directly.

Online tests can sharpen your memory but you still have to rely on the study guide(official Discover Canada Book)

During interview the citizenship officer has approved my application and said congratulations to me and he told me that I will receive oath letter in 2-3 months.

Now waiting for oath.
Great! Congratulations! :D

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:

Now waiting for oath.
Congratulations

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
December_Applicant said:
How accurate is that sheet, considering some people might have just stopped updating their status?

Why is that our applications are not moving? This delay - does it have to do with the local office?, afterall whats causing all this delay and some people have even had their tests done and are scheduled for the Oath.
Well, I can't say how accurate it is. Maybe ECAS was not updated properly, maybe something else ... but i'm sure we are not alone with the just Received status. So I propose to keep calm and wait for the news. Good luck everyone!

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esense said:
Well, I can't say how accurate it is. Maybe ECAS was not updated properly, maybe something else ... but i'm sure we are not alone with the just Received status. So I propose to keep calm and wait for the news. Good luck everyone!
I'm already tired of checking eCAS. My application was moving just as everyone else till it went into process. Been stuck there for a while. Nothing in the mail too. Spoke to CIC early this week and they told me call back only after 24 months and did not want to tell em anything. Very disappointing!

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
I'm already tired of checking eCAS. My application was moving just as everyone else till it went into process. Been stuck there for a while. Nothing in the mail too. Spoke to CIC early this week and they told me call back only after 24 months and did not want to tell em anything. Very disappointing!
I know the feeling, Trunorth. But what can you do? Looks like a lottery with some exceptions, depending on agent, his mood in the morning, the taste of the coffee etc etc etc :)

Lets try to abstract from this, continue to do regular things and one day the good news will appear in our mailboxes!

Good luck :)

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
Hi Trunorth,

It takes time from in process to Local office transfer. Be patient. Before file gets transferred, things are being checked at Sydney...

And some CIC agents have that standard 24 months reply but call some other time. You may get an agent who provides info.. All are not same ;)

neptune01

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2010
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
december 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 05, 2011 (via email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08/22/2011
Med's Done....
09/01/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 07, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 9, 2012
December_Applicant said:
Application still in received stage. How many of you are still in the received stage? or am I the only one left? Is this normal?
You are not alone.....I am here too

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi neptune01,

Can you provide your citizenship appl timeline? Thanks.

benk
it is in Dec. 2014 Citizenship Application timeline : http://goo.gl/L5WDIu

Line 76

Are you Dec applicant as well?

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys. What really irritates me is there are those who abuse the system and get their citz and move back to their own country or to the states. There are genuine applicants like us who moved here and have no intentions of moving elsewhere. I know the agents are trying to fish out those applicants but I wished they are more consistent and transparent with the application process. : :mad:

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Well remember the agent told me that my application would be transferred same day on the phone? Been 24 days and still waiting... Might take up to 2 months before I see an update. I don't know anymore, I may just send my papers for PR renewal. It takes 6 months and my PR is expiring in November. I was hoping my application would be transferred to Calgary before May 1st but I feel it's taking longer that we thought now.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecas is not reliable. I passed my test two days ago but my status is still file transferred. Please be patient, maybe something is happening behind the scenes.

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:

Now waiting for oath.
Congratulations to all who completed the test.
Thecoolguysam, did interviewer ask any other questions during the interview ?