+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:
No update in ecas even after almost a week.. I do not see a reason to worry but anyone that has similar delay in ECAS?
It happened to a friend of mine as well. His ecas was not updated for months even after he wrote his test.

Just remember to take your invitation letter, passport and record of landing with yourself. Good Luck with your exam.

skwalmart

May 26, 2009
It seems like Calgary is moving now. I just got invitation for the test in Feb..... exactly 1 year after filing the application.
Application filed - Dec 2013
In Process - Feb 25, 2014

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats your test date ? I might be getting one too ... In Process Feb 17, 2014 .. Did u get it by mail or an updated status on ecase?

skwalmart said:
It seems like Calgary is moving now. I just got invitation for the test in Feb..... exactly 1 year after filing the application.
Application filed - Dec 2013
In Process - Feb 25, 2014

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
remembering historic event dates is tad difficult... hope i'll get through

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cleared citizenship test today with 19/20 score. Need to wait another 2-3 months for the oath date/invitation

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
adv2244 said:
Cleared citizenship test today with 19/20 score. Need to wait another 2-3 months for the oath date/invitation
Congrats. Do they let u know the results right away? And did you had too many questions on the history in terms of remembering those years? I am pretty bad at that. Also, did you read the book or were successful by just doing some sample quiz/tests on web? Looking forward to hear from you and other who aced the test.

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, yes result was announced right after the exam. There were not too many history questions as i had expected, just a heads up... don't forget to read and remember all the information provided with pictures in the Discover Canada book, specially names of famous Canadians and their achievement.

I read the discover canada book twice and used CIC exam preparation app for Android.....these should suffice

regina_jy said:
Congrats. Do they let u know the results right away? And did you had too many questions on the history in terms of remembering those years? I am pretty bad at that. Also, did you read the book or were successful by just doing some sample quiz/tests on web? Looking forward to hear from you and other who aced the test.

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
adv2244 said:
Thanks, yes result was announced right after the exam. There were not too many history questions as i had expected, just a heads up... don't forget to read and remember all the information provided with pictures in the Discover Canada book, specially names of famous Canadians and their achievement.

I read the discover canada book twice and used CIC exam preparation app for Android.....these should suffice
Excellent tips! Thanks champ! +1 for that. One more question.... How long did the whole process took for you from start to finish (the moment you were out of the test center)? Also I am thinking they would have just checked ur passport and inquire few things like travel and work history after test. Is that right?

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test time is 30 min....yes they did verify all originals...specially the passport entries/exits stamps. Time taken 1 to 1.5 hrs in total.

regina_jy said:
Excellent tips! Thanks champ! +1 for that. One more question.... How long did the whole process took for you from start to finish (the moment you were out of the test center)? Also I am thinking they would have just checked ur passport and inquire few things like travel and work history after test. Is that right?

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Cleared citizenship test yesterday. We were told Oath will be scheduled in about 2-3 months for which invitation will be sent in the mail.

Good luck all who are waiting for their test invites!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
regina_jy said:
Cleared citizenship test yesterday. We were told Oath will be scheduled in about 2-3 months for which invitation will be sent in the mail.

Congrats! Hope it happens soon...

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats

regina_jy said: