+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
sm2312 said:
So Here is my update folks.
Had my Citizenship Test this afternoon at 12:45 in Mississauga.
Test was easy and I was done in less than 5 minutes. Scored 20/20. On completing the test, we were asked to exit the room and wait outside for the interview calls. Though I was the first one to finish the test, I found that 4 other applicants were called for the interview in a separate room. Once everybody finished the test, we were all asked to go back to the testing room and wait in one corner.
Me and my wife were then the first to be called for the interview in the same room. The Officer first informed us that we had both passed and asked for all the original ID's. He was talking and also verifying the documents. After verifying each document, he would tick something on the application. Since we lived for 10 years in the Middle East before moving to Canada the Officer started verifying all the dates on the application and the CBSA report that he had on file. I had done some homework and put stickers on my passport indicating the stamps that were relevant. The officer went though in detail and asked about my work, my wifes work etc and then started looking at the passport. He wanted to see the UAE exit stamp for the day that I left UAE. I showed him the same and he asked how can he be sure that I did not go back to the UAE again. I showed him my employment letter from my employer in UAE clearly showuing that I had resigned. He then asked that the letter said I was employed only till Nov 2009 but I left UAE in Feb 2010. I explained that the employers give you 3 months to exit the country and he was satisfied.
He then signed the applcations as approved and give us OATH letter for Friday, August 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
So folks the long ordeal is finally coming to an end .... a happy end :D :D
Some takeaways - I did not have translations of the UAE/Oman stamps. I also did not have the visa calcellation document for UAE but I was confident and has other supporting documents that helped.
Hi sm2312,

First of all, Congratulations on the finish & approval of ur application & best of luck forward in this great country Canada.
Second of all, Thanks very much for sharing with ur interview & the test day experience.

Did u see them giving every body attended the test the Oath invitation after the interview?
Also, before u guys wrote ur test; did they announce at the office where u took the test that Oath letters will or might be given after the interview?

Thanks again much & best of luck.

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadianese said:
Hi sm2312,

First of all, Congratulations on the finish & approval of ur application & best of luck forward in this great country Canada.
Second of all, Thanks very much for sharing with ur interview & the test day experience.

Did u see them giving every body attended the test the Oath invitation after the interview?
Also, before u guys wrote ur test; did they announce at the office where u took the test that Oath letters will or might be given after the interview?

Thanks again much & best of luck.
Hi Canadianese,
Unfortunately, we were the first to finish and as such did not see others getting the oath letters. Befiore the test they only announced the test process and that they would be doing the interviews later but there was no mention of the oather letter being given out. One thing was apparant that the Officers seem to be taking more time with each applicant and signing off immediately if everything was satisfactory.

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ontarioan said:
sm2312

CONGRATULATIONS!! so happy for u guys :D :D :D

did u receive an rq when u applied for citizenship?

thanks
No we did not get a RQ.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm2312 said:
So Here is my update folks.

Had my Citizenship Test this afternoon at 12:45 in Mississauga.

Test was easy and I was done in less than 5 minutes. Scored 20/20. On completing the test, we were asked to exit the room and wait outside for the interview calls. Though I was the first one to finish the test, I found that 4 other applicants were called for the interview in a separate room. Once everybody finished the test, we were all asked to go back to the testing room and wait in one corner.

Me and my wife were then the first to be called for the interview in the same room. The Officer first informed us that we had both passed and asked for all the original ID's. He was talking and also verifying the documents. After verifying each document, he would tick something on the application. Since we lived for 10 years in the Middle East before moving to Canada the Officer started verifying all the dates on the application and the CBSA report that he had on file. I had done some homework and put stickers on my passport indicating the stamps that were relevant. The officer went though in detail and asked about my work, my wifes work etc and then started looking at the passport. He wanted to see the UAE exit stamp for the day that I left UAE. I showed him the same and he asked how can he be sure that I did not go back to the UAE again. I showed him my employment letter from my employer in UAE clearly showuing that I had resigned. He then asked that the letter said I was employed only till Nov 2009 but I left UAE in Feb 2010. I explained that the employers give you 3 months to exit the country and he was satisfied.

He then signed the applcations as approved and give us OATH letter for Friday, August 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

So folks the long ordeal is finally coming to an end .... a happy end :D :D

Some takeaways - I did not have translations of the UAE/Oman stamps. I also did not have the visa calcellation document for UAE but I was confident and has other supporting documents that helped.
Congratulations...

asa1973

Dec 24, 2013
u4g5 said:
any Dec applicants left in the queue????
Yes. In April 2014 received a letter about names spelling, sent it back...no move since then. In July my file was still in Sydney according to CIC person over the phone.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
u4g5 said:
u r waiting for oath, which should be soon
Lol i wish actually I am waiting for test invitation. I was asked to do fingerprints which is why its taking longer, However my file is in scarborough now, so hopefully i should get the test letter soon.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazylove said:
Lol i wish actually I am waiting for test invitation. I was asked to do fingerprints which is why its taking longer, However my file is in scarborough now, so hopefully i should get the test letter soon.
definitely within 2014

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
I am just worried that fingerprints request made my application non-routine.

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Dec applicant - in process from Feb 2014, file transferred June 2014, test Aug 13 2014 and Oath letter received today by mail. (no RQ)
Office: Montreal