+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:
If it is already in process, I am sure they are cool with your langauge proofs.... Else they would have returned your original application package seeking more information (thats what they did in my wife's case). And again, all they need is a photocopy.... so you are good there.... good luck!
I think, as it is "in process", so you are good at this point....hope for the best for all of us....

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called CIC to check the status .... I know it's bit early to expect anything from them .... they informed "in process" and still in Sydney, not yet transferred to Local office. She informed that my Local office is Mississauga ....

it seems still background checks are in progress .... anyone got any different update ......

Thanks

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi folks,
when the file is transferred to the local office, does it mean all background check is done and it is now routine application?
is it possible for the application to be non-routine after the file is transferred to the local office?
what kind of process is involved in the application once the file is transferred to the local office?

thank you!!

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
atifakbar said:
Just called CIC to check the status .... I know it's bit early to expect anything from them .... they informed "in process" and still in Sydney, not yet transferred to Local office. She informed that my Local office is Mississauga ....

it seems still background checks are in progress .... anyone got any different update ......

Thanks
I am assuming thats the case with my application too. It shows in process but doesn't say anything about the local office. Now God knows how long before they transfer my file to a local office.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Hi,

It is so good to see all December 2013 applicants's applications in "Process" and I am sure everyone has received AOR ( I guess some members have not updated the spreadsheet but they might have received AOR)

Next Step is LOT (Local Office Transfer) and many senior members have related it with the disappearance of "Received" line. Even if we are not 100% sure but it definitely means some progress on file.

I am expecting that with-in next 2 weeks, many of us will be seeing disappearance of "Received" line so keep an eye on your ECAS.

I have updated a column for the same in the spreadsheet accordingly.

Good Luck

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My received line disappeared yesterday....

aamer43 said:
Hi,

It is so good to see all December 2013 applicants's applications in "Process" and I am sure everyone has received AOR ( I guess some members have not updated the spreadsheet but they might have received AOR)

Next Step is LOT (Local Office Transfer) and many senior members have related it with the disappearance of "Received" line. Even if we are not 100% sure but it definitely means some progress on file.

I am expecting that with-in next 2 weeks, many of us will be seeing disappearance of "Received" line so keep an eye on your ECAS.

I have updated a column for the same in the spreadsheet accordingly.

Good Luck

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi there,

Generally speaking your assumptions are correct. Once the file is transferred to the local office this normally means back ground checks are complete and there seems to be no problems there so everything is in order. However, the matter of CIC are of such nature that any file can be transferred to non-routine status if any of the officers involved are in doubt. I am saying this not to worry you but to help you understand that completion of one step does not automatically mean another one will be completed as quickly as the first one. Hope this makes sense.

Once the file has been transferred to the local office, it await an officer's review who is going to call the applicants for test/interview.

good luck.

wsm_al said:
Hi folks,
when the file is transferred to the local office, does it mean all background check is done and it is now routine application?
is it possible for the application to be non-routine after the file is transferred to the local office?
what kind of process is involved in the application once the file is transferred to the local office?

thank you!!

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
adv2244 said:
My received line disappeared yesterday....
Hi,

hope you will be fine.

if your 'received' line is disappeared then what is showing in system now. Because in my case, I never see 'received' line. I always had 'In Process' line. When I click on it, it shows we started processing of your application on Feb 27, 2014.

I have only one 'Received' line but its about recipt of payment which I made online before submission of applciation.

Kindly can you advise me if you are seeing now 'In Process' line instead of 'Received' line. And what about 'Received' line regarding payment. Is it still there or disappeared too.

Thanks

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received line about the payment disappeared while the "In progress" line shows that the processing started on 17th Feb.

sahil1 said:
Hi,

hope you will be fine.

if your 'received' line is disappeared then what is showing in system now. Because in my case, I never see 'received' line. I always had 'In Process' line. When I click on it, it shows we started processing of your application on Feb 27, 2014.

I have only one 'Received' line but its about recipt of payment which I made online before submission of applciation.

Kindly can you advise me if you are seeing now 'In Process' line instead of 'Received' line. And what about 'Received' line regarding payment. Is it still there or disappeared too.

Thanks

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
adv2244 said:
Received line about the payment disappeared while the "In progress" line shows that the processing started on 17th Feb.

So if 'Received line about the payment' disappeared , its mean file is transfered to local office? And you said about other line " In progress", while mine shows "In Process". Did you mean to say "In Process"? Can you pls check in your citizenship application status to verify.

Thanks.

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oops..yes In Process

sahil1 said:
adv2244 said:

So if 'Received line about the payment' disappeared , its mean file is transfered to local office? And you said about other line " In progress", while mine shows "In Process". Did you mean to say "In Process"? Can you pls check in your citizenship application status to verify.

Thanks.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
adv2244 said:
oops..yes In Process

But why cic website says if your application's online status is 'In Process" its mean your application is transfered to local office. I was under impression that mine application is already transfered to LO. Do u have any idea about LOT, how this all process works.

Thanks

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
armaan.ahhmad said:
Hi there,

Generally speaking your assumptions are correct. Once the file is transferred to the local office this normally means back ground checks are complete and there seems to be no problems there so everything is in order. However, the matter of CIC are of such nature that any file can be transferred to non-routine status if any of the officers involved are in doubt. I am saying this not to worry you but to help you understand that completion of one step does not automatically mean another one will be completed as quickly as the first one. Hope this makes sense.

Once the file has been transferred to the local office, it await an officer's review who is going to call the applicants for test/interview.

good luck.
Thank you so much.. That is very helpful and makes sense!!