Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
Dear Canada,

I love you. I love winter too because I was born in a little town in the Rockies in January. And of course everyone knows Canada only has winter 12 months of the year. Snow makes me happy. I've lived in another country for awhile and I've traveled a lot and I can honestly say you are the best country in the world. If you weren't, why wouldn't so many people want to live in you? Thanks for the speedy processing of my husband's application to come live with me in my igloo. I hope you can make sure that other good people come to live here too.

Love from Cleo

P.S. I really don't like it when people say bad things to you behind your back.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this is sweet. I also really like Indigo's creative writing idea of venting our feelings though this thread (where's the "like" button when you need one).

I just wanted to add that in my Dear Canada letter (not sure if I've got all my thoughts in order to write one just yet), I wouldn't insult the country as a whole just because this immigration process is confusing, daunting, challenging, loooooong, inconsistent, complicated, unhelpful, not user friendly......

And I think that most of us feel the same way.....we can separate our frustration with CIC and our feelings for Canada. Canada is not defined by CIC and by this stressful immigration process. It's just too bad that this experience with CIC is framing a lot of our conception of Canada right now..... :-\
cleo said:
Dear Canada,

I love you. I love winter too because I was born in a little town in the Rockies in January. And of course everyone knows Canada only has winter 12 months of the year. Snow makes me happy. I've lived in another country for awhile and I've traveled a lot and I can honestly say you are the best country in the world. If you weren't, why wouldn't so many people want to live in you? Thanks for the speedy processing of my husband's application to come live with me in my igloo. I hope you can make sure that other good people come to live here too.

Love from Cleo

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine would read....

Dear Canada
As you know I was born and raised here. A few years ago I decided to travel the world and never could've imagined at the time that I would fall in love and settle in The Philippines for over a year.
And now that I'm back I appreciate that I have a right to have my common-law wife reunited with me here and Canada and if accepted she will have the same rights and opportunities as I do.

However I am nervous that you have appointed someone to make a decision to see if our relationship is truly genuine or not. Sure I understand why you have done this, I mean it's a pretty big deal! But I ask you to not make any mistakes in mine and others relationships. And that's what makes me nervous....everyone makes mistakes, and these mistakes can ruin lives.

And I know my partner's life was not perfect before she met me, you'll see it all in the application. But that doesn't make our relationship any less genuine. Please remember that when making your decision!

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
cleo said:
Dear Canada,

Love from Cleo

Sweet :)

By the way: I think we all like enough about Canada to want to live in it. So this is not a "drag Canada through the mud" topic. It is a way of expressing moments of frustration. Of course you guys are very welcome to express warm feelings about Canada too! :)

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexicanito said:
Lol... mine would read "Dear Canada, I never gave a cr @ p about you, I was happy in the states, never thought of coming to live to the cold northern dominion... between my warm California beaches and the New Mexico beautiful scenery I never thought I would have to give it away so I could get to know what a real winter is... But my beautiful wife was born in your cold lands and we lived for some years in the states and she missed your cold and bland tasteless food... one day finally she convinced to give you a try... I am still not crazy about you Canada, with your awful broken immigration system and how slow you process everything... but for the love of a woman, here I am, in your cold lands... Winter is coming"
Haha! You've lived in the places I have as well. I think my letter would be very similar to yours.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Dear Canada,

Thank you for the speedy processing of our Permanent Residence application, thank you for polite and reasonable CBSA officers who reassured us on the phone they aren't in the business of breaking up families, then days later when we went to the border after 6 months of my being a visitor, they followed through with the 1 year visitor record, just before I was granted my PPR.

I filed for a K1 visa long ago for an ex of mine from Greece, and in the United States those who follow the rules have it tougher than those who break them (see: immigrants from Mexico committing immigrant fraud -- the K1 visa lawyer I talked to dusted it off for the lie@border+AOS method), so the path of least resistance is the illegal route, which the state of California for years rewarded with drivers licenses and allowed illegal immigrants to vote, never seriously tackling illegal immigration which lays down such a burden upon taxpayers for things like education, emergency services, and entitlements, and allows a great haven for those who wish to once again commit a heinous act upon innocent civilians.

Canada is not a perfect country, all countries have their flaws, but it is a great one. Part of being great is introspective understanding of imperfection while trying to not bring so many bureaucratic roadblocks to those who wish to follow the rules. In Canada, honesty is rewarded highly. I always have a skeptical view of things, but so far Canada you have shown great promise, and I hope more of this is to come.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Dear Canada,

While not nearly as patriotic as some, I have to say that I am proud to call you home. I grew up knowing that while winter seems endless some years, there is true beauty in it.

As a Canadian, I know what it is like to stand on a clear, crisp winter night, and look up at the millions of stars and watch the northern lights dance across the sky, so vividly that you can be hypnotized by it. Those frosty nights where the silence is so profound that you can hear someone's footfalls from blocks away.

As a Canadian I grew up knowing what the weather was going to bring by the smell in the air... because yes, you can smell rain, you can smell an autumn breeze and you can definitely smell snow coming :).

As an Albertan, I grew up knowing the blessing of a chinook, and while it may bring a headache or two, it also brings relief from the cold that no other place experiences. I know the majesty of seeing the breath taking rockies every day, and the overwhelming desire to drive through our country side just to take it all in.
Being married to an American has taught me what being Canadian really means, because in marrying my best friend, I have found what defines me as a Canadian.

I love that being a Canadian means that I can be proud of my country without being blind to it's faults... and that being a Canadian means we can find humour in those flaws.

Thank you Canada, for giving us the cold winters that allow us to appreciate our hot summers, (and yes... it can get very hot here), but would you mind making this winter a little shorter? My American husband is still not prepared for his first winter here LOL.

It is true Canada, that there have been times when I have considered leaving you, but I always knew you'd be home to me.

You have been a safe place to grow up, and a secure home in which to raise my children.

So now, I'd just like to ask you to speed things along for my husband and friends here, so that their loved ones can also have the opportunity to love you as much as I do.

Love, Jayde :)

Rattles

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
Dear Canada,

I have known you such a short time and you have given me everything I ever dreamed of having. I was given the chance to love another more than I could ever love myself. I was shown that beauty lies beyond the borders of the once strong and powerful nation to your South. You have given me love, life, goals and an unstoppable urge to accomplish for whom I have given myself to with complete trust and devotion.

I came to you to experience your true love on ice. I not only fell in love with your sport on ice, I fell in love with one of your daughters. A few short hours into your arms and I met the person I would spend the rest of my life with waiting in line for a cup of Canadian coffee. I spent the next four days in a delusion that this would never end only to find it taken from me as I boarded a plane back to the hills of Texas. I talked daily to her daily and soon found myself sleeping with my computer and camera on just so we could feel as if we were together. I would awake in the morning to her sleeping beside me, I came home at night waiting for her return. This path continued for only four short months. I flew back to you and spent the next five days taking one of your own to experience your game on ice and to learn firsthand what life was like walking your western seaboard streets. In April of 2010 you allowed your daughter to return to my home and become my wife but because you and my homeland disagree with us you took her back from me only ten days later.

We continued sleeping side by side through a lifeless glare on a screen and frequent visits over a few agonizing months. When I returned to you last September I told your daughter I would follow her anywhere but I never wanted to leave and stayed in your arms through your frigid winter and beautiful spring. After nine months things were not working because we were uninformed and found a land far far away that would let us be together. The backwards land of koalas and kangaroos opened their arms to us and gave us what you never did only to take it away again. We continue our journey around the globe yet again so we can be together. One more time we will be split and that day scares me. In one month I will return to the hills of Texas and you will once again take my love as you have become a greedy giant and my pain is of no consequence to you. I will wait patiently until the day you decide we have suffered long enough. On that day I will forgive you

Signed,
Possibly a devoted new son

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
mexicanito said:
Lol... mine would read "Dear Canada, I never gave a cr @ p about you, I was happy in the states, never thought of coming to live to the cold northern dominion... between my warm California beaches and the New Mexico beautiful scenery I never thought I would have to give it away so I could get to know what a real winter is... But my beautiful wife was born in your cold lands and we lived for some years in the states and she missed your cold and bland tasteless food... one day finally she convinced to give you a try... I am still not crazy about you Canada, with your awful broken immigration system and how slow you process everything... but for the love of a woman, here I am, in your cold lands... Winter is coming"
Haha this is pretty much how my letter would read. All I have to say is "Dear Canada, you took me away from the beautiful South. Away from my family, away from my tasty, albeit, fattening food, and the most beautiful fall trees I'd ever laid eyes on. But I gave it all up for you to be with the one that I love. So please for the love of God let us get this process over with or at least let me win with one of your overpriced lottery tickets so I can take the man I found back with me to the States."

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
I guess we all feel more attachment to where we were born and raised. That's understandable. But I would never complain about anyone else's country.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, Bargeld. That was a really eye-opening letter to Canada :)
Bargeld said:
Dear Canada,

Thank you for the speedy processing of our Permanent Residence application, thank you for polite and reasonable CBSA officers who reassured us on the phone they aren't in the business of breaking up families, then days later when we went to the border after 6 months of my being a visitor, they followed through with the 1 year visitor record, just before I was granted my PPR.

I filed for a K1 visa long ago for an ex of mine from Greece, and in the United States those who follow the rules have it tougher than those who break them (see: immigrants from Mexico committing immigrant fraud -- the K1 visa lawyer I talked to dusted it off for the lie @ border+AOS method), so the path of least resistance is the illegal route, which the state of California for years rewarded with drivers licenses and allowed illegal immigrants to vote, never seriously tackling illegal immigration which lays down such a burden upon taxpayers for things like education, emergency services, and entitlements, and allows a great haven for those who wish to once again commit a heinous act upon innocent civilians.

Canada is not a perfect country, all countries have their flaws, but it is a great one. Part of being great is introspective understanding of imperfection while trying to not bring so many bureaucratic roadblocks to those who wish to follow the rules. In Canada, honesty is rewarded highly. I always have a skeptical view of things, but so far Canada you have shown great promise, and I hope more of this is to come.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So beautifully written! I'm gonna get killed for this but.....I did not actually know what a chinook was until I decided to google it after reading your letter :-[ :-[ :-X
jayde said:
Dear Canada,

While not nearly as patriotic as some, I have to say that I am proud to call you home. I grew up knowing that while winter seems endless some years, there is true beauty in it.

As a Canadian, I know what it is like to stand on a clear, crisp winter night, and look up at the millions of stars and watch the northern lights dance across the sky, so vividly that you can be hypnotized by it. Those frosty nights where the silence is so profound that you can hear someone's footfalls from blocks away.

As a Canadian I grew up knowing what the weather was going to bring by the smell in the air... because yes, you can smell rain, you can smell an autumn breeze and you can definitely smell snow coming :).

As an Albertan, I grew up knowing the blessing of a chinook, and while it may bring a headache or two, it also brings relief from the cold that no other place experiences. I know the majesty of seeing the breath taking rockies every day, and the overwhelming desire to drive through our country side just to take it all in.
Being married to an American has taught me what being Canadian really means, because in marrying my best friend, I have found what defines me as a Canadian.

I love that being a Canadian means that I can be proud of my country without being blind to it's faults... and that being a Canadian means we can find humour in those flaws.

Thank you Canada, for giving us the cold winters that allow us to appreciate our hot summers, (and yes... it can get very hot here), but would you mind making this winter a little shorter? My American husband is still not prepared for his first winter here LOL.

It is true Canada, that there have been times when I have considered leaving you, but I always knew you'd be home to me.

You have been a safe place to grow up, and a secure home in which to raise my children.

So now, I'd just like to ask you to speed things along for my husband and friends here, so that their loved ones can also have the opportunity to love you as much as I do.

Love, Jayde :)

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Dear Canada,

I love you, and always will. Will you please let my love live here so we can love you together?

Soon?

<3 Sidkrose

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
ddobro2 said:
So beautifully written! I'm gonna get killed for this but.....I did not actually know what a chinook was until I decided to google it after reading your letter :-[ :-[ :-X
LOL thanks :) Don't feel bad... my husband thought that when I said I had to plug in my car, that it meant I had an electric car :) The first time I told him about a chinook, he thought I meant a helicopter.

His first trip here he told me he was nearly in a mid-air collision, and I was shocked.. then he explained that as they were banking into the Calgary airport, they nearly ran into a chinook ::) What a turkey!

He calls all the different things we say, "Canadian-ese"

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Are you by any chance reading the "A song of ice and fire" series?
Hahahahaha I am actually!!! I just finished reading a game of thrones and I started a clash of kings... the easiest way to find other "a song of ice and fire" readers is by saying "Winter is coming"... It is one of the best fantasy novels I have read... and I really want Jon Snow to be Ilyana and Rhaegar's offspring...