+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deactivated/cancelled visa due to deferral of study intake

Jonismash

Jun 20, 2019
Hi..so I am going to outline here my situation before and how I was granted a new visa without reapplying one.

1. I was granted a visa and a study permit approval last November 2019.
2. I was supposed to take the September 2020 intake but opted to defer my studies for 2021.
3. My visa was to expire on July 21, 2021 so in February 2021, I asked IRCC via the webform if I could travel earlier than July 2021. Unfortunately, they did not allow me to travel more than a month bfore the intake.
3. I was told by IRCC via e-mail that they deactivated/cancelled my visa due to deferral of my intake. However, they just kept my study permit application open.
4. They told me to contact them a month before September because the “might” issue a new visa and told me I dont have to reapply for a new one
5. I told them I will travel in the Philippines by June, so they told me to contact them a month before my travels in the Philippines
6. Last week of April, I contacted them again.
7. After the next working day, I received a passport request in my gc-key
8. I was re-issued a new visa.

hope that helps..k
Hi..so I am going to outline here my situation before and how I was granted a new visa without reapplying one.

1. I was granted a visa and a study permit approval last November 2019.
2. I was supposed to take the September 2020 intake but opted to defer my studies for 2021.
3. My visa was to expire on July 21, 2021 so in February 2021, I asked IRCC via the webform if I could travel earlier than July 2021. Unfortunately, they did not allow me to travel more than a month bfore the intake.
3. I was told by IRCC via e-mail that they deactivated/cancelled my visa due to deferral of my intake. However, they just kept my study permit application open.
4. They told me to contact them a month before September because the “might” issue a new visa and told me I dont have to reapply for a new one
5. I told them I will travel in the Philippines by June, so they told me to contact them a month before my travels in the Philippines
6. Last week of April, I contacted them again.
7. After the next working day, I received a passport request in my gc-key
8. I was re-issued a new visa.

hope that helps..k
Hi, I’m exactly in the same situation with you.
I was supposed to start in September 2021 intake, but it’s deferred to September 2022 intake and my study permit has been granted.
When do you think I should inform the IRCC about the deferral ?
However, I haven’t got the new letter of acceptance from the college.
Thanks for your information

YoungP

Dec 8, 2023
Well, it's your fault then. All the information is available online. The Canadian govt. specifically made it that way so people would not be exploited. Now you will have to accept the responsibility of you consultants' actions. Saying they advise me not to won't help you much.
that's not exactly the problem, the consultancy he used was right, the only problem is if you defer your admission, the new date for starting of classes must come before the expiration of port if entry letter and medicals, if your port of entry letter will expire before you start classes your visa will be deactivated since you won't use it within the time frame.