+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deactivated/cancelled visa due to deferral of study intake

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi..my study visa was deactivated due to the reason of deferral of intake. My intake was supposed to be September 2020, and moved to Sept 2021, which is a year difference from the original intake. I contacted IRCC through the webform, and their reply was I should reach them closer to September because they might issue a new visa, Also, they told me there’s no need to reapply for a new visa. The question I got now is when is the best time to notify them? How many months before should I notify them and how many months is the process of the issuance.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
The rule is you should inform IRCC if you defer more than 150 days.

Obviously you didn't. You brought it down by yourself.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Hi..my study visa was deactivated due to the reason of deferral of intake. My intake was supposed to be September 2020, and moved to Sept 2021, which is a year difference from the original intake. I contacted IRCC through the webform, and their reply was I should reach them closer to September because they might issue a new visa, Also, they told me there’s no need to reapply for a new visa. The question I got now is when is the best time to notify them? How many months before should I notify them and how many months is the process of the issuance.
Did you inform them about deferral after approval ?

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Did you inform them about deferral after approval ?
I have no idea that I should inform them since I thought everything is doing well since I have a consultant agency. Also, the agency told me this is not the first case that they handled and as with previous clients they did not inform IRCC about the deferral but only advised the studnts to bring the new LOA and show it to the border,,But i have already uploaded it in the IRCC webform.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
I have no idea that I should inform them since I thought everything is doing well since I have a consultant agency. Also, the agency told me this is not the first case that they handled and as with previous clients they did not inform IRCC about the deferral but only advised the studnts to bring the new LOA and show it to the border,,But i have already uploaded it in the IRCC webform.
Yeh hard to hear. But nothing to worry, yours approved and reissue will be happening when you near the term. Contact them. Per compliance verification, IRCC would know only if a student deferred the intake but they usually does not have all the information of your deferment unless you notify them. Best of luck.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Yeh hard to hear. But nothing to worry, yours approved and reissue will be happening when you near the term. Contact them. Per compliance verification, IRCC would know only if a student deferred the intake but they usually does not have all the information of your deferment unless you notify them. Best of luck.
Hi. Thank you for this.. when do you think the to notify them? I am working here in KSA until June 17 only , and I still need to go back home to reunite with my family.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
The rule is you should inform IRCC if you defer more than 150 days.

Obviously you didn't. You brought it down by yourself.
I have no idea that I have to i form IRCC about it. I have a consultant agency and they did not also advise me to do it..

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I have no idea that I have to i form IRCC about it. I have a consultant agency and they did not also advise me to do it..
I know you pay hefty fees to agency consultants but you just can't rely to them 100% on everything. You do your own research and discuss it with your consultant. This is how I am able to clear any questions.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, it's your fault then. All the information is available online. The Canadian govt. specifically made it that way so people would not be exploited. Now you will have to accept the responsibility of you consultants' actions. Saying they advise me not to won't help you much.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Thank you for your reply..yeah IRCC replied to me that contact them a month before I travel back to the Philippines since to finalise my study permit application since I am working here now in KSA...thank you

Reactions: XpressGirl

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi..so I am going to outline here my situation before and how I was granted a new visa without reapplying one.

1. I was granted a visa and a study permit approval last November 2019.
2. I was supposed to take the September 2020 intake but opted to defer my studies for 2021.
3. My visa was to expire on July 21, 2021 so in February 2021, I asked IRCC via the webform if I could travel earlier than July 2021. Unfortunately, they did not allow me to travel more than a month bfore the intake.
3. I was told by IRCC via e-mail that they deactivated/cancelled my visa due to deferral of my intake. However, they just kept my study permit application open.
4. They told me to contact them a month before September because the “might” issue a new visa and told me I dont have to reapply for a new one
5. I told them I will travel in the Philippines by June, so they told me to contact them a month before my travels in the Philippines
6. Last week of April, I contacted them again.
7. After the next working day, I received a passport request in my gc-key
8. I was re-issued a new visa.

hope that helps..k

Reactions: Myahudi Jr II