+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date of Birth & place of Birth are not match with passport. pls guide me....

Manpreet Singh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have problem with my date of birth & place of birth...i already got made my passport..my date of birth mention on passport 15-04-1977 but my local birth registered office's record is 26-01-1977.place of birth is also different...what should i do now ?...i am going to submit my PR file for Canadian Skilled worker category...is it compulsory to submit birth certificate with file.? pls guide me..ur suggestion will be very appreciative for me.. thanks in advance

Reactions: Mansarb

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why don't you surrender this passport and make a new one with the same birth date and place as in your birth certificate? Cos so far I know both of them should be matched.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Manpreet Singh said:
I have problem with my date of birth & place of birth...i already got made my passport..my date of birth mention on passport 15-04-1977 but my local birth registered office's record is 26-01-1977.place of birth is also different...what should i do now ?...i am going to submit my PR file for Canadian Skilled worker category...is it compulsory to submit birth certificate with file.? pls guide me..ur suggestion will be very appreciative for me.. thanks in advance
If you are from India, and have not sent your application yet, there is a chance that you do not need to send your birth certificates, but your application will still be accepted. You can send the passport copy as a date of birth proof.

BUT, in future, they might ask for your birth certificate. It's better to be prepared for that. If you give the passport details to CIC now, and later somehow they get to see your birth certificate, you will be in trouble.

First, how did this mismatch happen? I had a mismatch between the passport and BC on the place of birth and i had to change the details in passport. Once registered, no way you can change the details in your birth certificate, unless it's some spelling mistake. So, the best thing is to approach the nearest passport office and update your details(there is some fine involved :p) and get a fresh passport issued. I did the same thing.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a same problem of DOB of my wife where all prrof shows 24.07 except birth certi which shows 04.08 , so gap of 10 days, which makes my wife 10 days older in age...

What i did in last year, made an affidavit on stamp paper & notarize it....& submit all proofs duly notarized ( PP, PAN card, LC, Licence) which have same date & also birth certi which has different date along with affidavit....

I think better to show everything instead of hiding anything...

Can anybody advice what will be the impact on my case?
Honeyjack :)

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
honeyjack said:
I have a same problem of DOB of my wife where all prrof shows 24.07 except birth certi which shows 04.08 , so gap of 10 days, which makes my wife 10 days older in age...
What i did in last year, made an affidavit on stamp paper & notarize it....& submit all proofs duly notarized ( PP, PAN card, LC, Licence) which have same date & also birth certi which has different date along with affidavit....
I think better to show everything instead of hiding anything...
Can anybody advice what will be the impact on my case?
So, you submitted both the passport details and the Birth certificates(with conflicting info), along with an affidavit confirming the conflict? I wonder why you did not try to resolve the conflict before you sent your application?

I'm not sure under which stream/rules you applied, what date did you provide in the application forms?

yes, there is a chance that they ignore the conflicting birth certificates and continue to process your application with the date of birth provided in the application forms. What stage is your application in currently?

I seriously think you could have tried to match the dates in passport and the birth certificates. It's not that complicated.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea , but as per rule we can not change birth certi & have to apply to change DOB for all other docs.& it will take much time. As I have applied in Feb,2010 & submitted docs in April,2010 under SW1. My current status is RBVO .

This conflict is with co applicant & it is a gap of 10 days so i was advised by advocate only to submit affidavit with duly notarize it.

Can they reject my case or what will be the other impact?

Honeyjack

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
honeyjack said:
Yea , but as per rule we can not change birth certi & have to apply to change DOB for all other docs.& it will take much time. As I have applied in Feb,2010 & submitted docs in April,2010 under SW1. My current status is RBVO .
This conflict is with co applicant & it is a gap of 10 days so i was advised by advocate only to submit affidavit with duly notarize it.
Can they reject my case or what will be the other impact?
Honeyjack
No, they cant reject the application just because of this one:).

Yes, you cannot change the info in Birth certificate as i mentioned in my earlier post, but it's relatively easy to change the passport details. I did it for me :) it took about a week after i submitted my request for a reissue of my passport with the corrected details via Tatkal.

You will have to wait and see how the VO takes it. Hope they accept it as such.

Good luck to you and hope you have your PER soon:)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Indira Prabhakaran.

I will wait for reply. My case is awaiting review as my FTD is in march.

mademoiselle

Feb 1, 2011
you should change your passport to reflect the correct date.

its a simple process. just go to the passport office site, and read the instructions for correcting details in the passport.

dont take a chance. 8)

Manpreet Singh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much time it will take to change the birth place on Indian passport & what documents i would need for it?

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Manpreet Singh said:
how much time it will take to change the birth place on Indian passport & what documents i would need for it?
You can use the Tatkal option and you will get your new passport within a week. Documents i had to provide are,

1. Fresh application(Form 1, along with PP forms) - Link - http://passport.gov.in/cpv/Forms.htm This will be a reissue.
2. Birth Certificate(with the correct place of birth
3. A letter stating the fact that there was a mistake in the previous passport about the birth place, how it happened, apologize, indicate you are willing to pay the 1000INR fine for that.
4. A draft/cash for a new passport reissue and tatkal fee, along with the fine amount.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

chiragnagpal

Oct 9, 2011
Hi,
I am chirag nagpal and I am from SRIGANGANAGAR, Rajasthan, and got my passport issued from Delhi as settled in Delhi now, in my passport its shows my place of birth as SRI NAGAR so can you please tell me what i need to do to correct it,
Thanks In Advance,
Chirag Nagpal.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
Does passport work as alternate for proof of birth certificate? My application was returned coz of not accepting document based on passport details as an alternate for birth certificate.
indira_prab said:
If you are from India, and have not sent your application yet, there is a chance that you do not need to send your birth certificates, but your application will still be accepted. You can send the passport copy as a date of birth proof.

BUT, in future, they might ask for your birth certificate. It's better to be prepared for that. If you give the passport details to CIC now, and later somehow they get to see your birth certificate, you will be in trouble.

First, how did this mismatch happen? I had a mismatch between the passport and BC on the place of birth and i had to change the details in passport. Once registered, no way you can change the details in your birth certificate, unless it's some spelling mistake. So, the best thing is to approach the nearest passport office and update your details(there is some fine involved :p) and get a fresh passport issued. I did the same thing.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
string11 said:
Does passport work as alternate for proof of birth certificate? My application was returned coz of not accepting document based on passport details as an alternate for birth certificate.
Unfortunately, Passport is not and alternate for BC. As you have just observed that changes to Birth date can be made easily on Passports and thus not reliable and viable alternate for BC.

Mitali