+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

karimbutty

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
good morning friends
I heard from friend from UAE applied to Canadian embassy -London that all Visas now will take from 6-8 months so within the next weeks all of you will hear a very good news

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
karimbutty said:
good morning friends
I heard from friend from UAE applied to Canadian embassy -London that all Visas now will take from 6-8 months so within the next weeks all of you will hear a very good news
DEAR KARIM,

WE ARE IN THE QUEUE FOR AT LEAST 13 MONTHS.
WE HAVE WAITED FOR A LONG TIME BUT WE ARE STILL PATIENT!
AND IT SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT TOO!
6 OR 8 MONTHS ONLY CAN BE A SWEET DREAM!
THERE ARE ALREADY MANY PEOPLE IN THE QUEUES AND IT IS A LITTLE BIT UNREALISTIC TO COUNT ON 6 OR 8 MONTHS!
GOD BLESS US!

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
karimbutty said:
good morning friends
Hi Karim,

In contrast to what Arezou said, you can count on 6 months if u r lucky! The processing time has a lot to do with ur luck, we have had many applicants, even in this forum, who applied after us and are already in Canada!
Having said that, I doubt that the average processing time drops all of a sudden to 6 months. Short waiting time can apply to some applicants randomly.

N

Nenan

karimbutty said:
good morning friends
Dear Karimbutty
you are welcome in this forum and we are happy to hear positive news from new member.
do you mean your friend apply at Canadian visa office in London ? may be that processing time confined to London applicants ,not to middle east applicants.
6-8 months as processing time ? this sound pink dream for all applicants here in this forum some members passed the 20months waiting their visa ,so this news may be for the new applicants, but you should double it 6-8 months for super lucky people,6*2=12 months for lucky people , 8*2=16 months for unfortunate people,more than 16months is for super unfortunate applicants,when my husband apply one year ago they told him it takes from 4 months to 6months(in maximum),at end of this month I will complete one year since my husband apply my file in Mississauga.
no harm from optimistic news,but don't count on that(6-8 months) if you have important plan of job or study in your life at your country,it may take more than 8 months.
If I knew this before( it take one year) , my career life was changed,I wasted important chance in my life to develop my career because my husband was sure it take only 4 months,6months in maximum.

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Does any1 know once they request your passport how long will it take after to receive your visa !!! Will they email you to let you know that yor passport ready to pick up?? When they receive it will they actually let u know or u just kinda have to wait till you hear from them If anyone know
Plz let me know thanx

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
Good morning to you and everyone else too :) :) :)... does anyone here know when they usually send out emails from the embassies or is it on random days? and one more thing if they ask for ppr from applicants, can they take them in and get their visa or do they still have to go on to another waiting stage! this waiting game has taken every ounce of patient out of me....

Arezou said:
GOOD MORNING EVERY ONE!
HOPE NEW WEEK BRINGS US SUNNY DAYS AND PASSPORTS WITH VISAS!
:-*

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
Good morning to you and everyone else too :) :) :)... does anyone here know when they usually send out emails from the embassies or is it on random days? and one more thing if they ask for ppr from applicants, can they take them in and get their visa or do they still have to go on to another waiting stage! this waiting game has taken every ounce of patient out of me....
honestly its random i personally couldnt see a pattern in time or days

parastoo

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
iran
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus (ankara)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011 damasdus
Med's Done....
28-11-2010 redo 28-11-2011
Passport Req..
8 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 june 2012
LANDED..........
23 june 2012
sohrab919 said:
toe englisi benevis inaro razi kon, man dige khaste shodam, koone lagheshoon, ye mosht olagh, mage vaghtamo az sare rah ovordam, bebakhshid bebakhshid koone lagheshoon ke nemifahman
sohrab joon be ghole face book LIKE !!!!!!
inja shode kelas zaban hich harfe hesabi dige zade nemishee

Hab

Sep 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Hi everyone,

I just wanna tell you like Azerou has mentioned in April 2011, there were only two prr. But if you look at our beautiful sheet, we can see that there were 7 ppr in May 2011 and 11 ppr in June 2011. Did we can expect these statistics to say that we will live the same situation I dont know, only time will tell us but I remain optimistic for the coming months. The VO will no longer have excuses as to say that this is the situation in Syria and the transfer of files as this will be the past. As we have mentioned, there are two high point in the year where many people have their ppr: before the summer (May and June) and before the new year (November and December).

Arezou said:
WE RECEIVED TOTALLY 7 PPR IN YEAR 2012 TILL NOW.
1 IN JAN.
4 IN MARCH.
2 IN APRIL.
AVERAGE WAITING TIME FOR ANKARA 10.07 (M.D)
AVERAGE WAITING TIME FOR AMMAN 12.55 (M.D)
4 PPR FROM ANKARA
1 FROM DAMASCUS
2 FROM AMMAN

HOPE IT IMPROVE ITSELF VERY SOON AND WE RECEIVE GOOD NEWS VERY VERY SOON!

COMPARING THE STATUS OF LAST YEAR THE SITUATION IS THE SAME.
2 PPR IN APRIL 2011.
AND
3 PPR IN MARCH 2011.

SO WE COUNT ON OUR VOS!
:-*

sinashams15

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 july 2011
AOR Received.
5 oct 2011
I have ordered my CAIPS but Today I received this email:

"Dear Mr.XXXXXX:

This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on March 23, 2012, for the following:

-the Ankara visa file concerning XXXXXXXX

Despite our best efforts to process your request within the 30-day statutory limit, an extension of up to 30 days pursuant to paragraph 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act, is required to process your request. This paragraph states that a request may be extended if "the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution."

Please be advised that you are entitled to bring a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at:eek:ic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Information Commissioner
Place de Ville, Tower B
112 Kent Street
7th Floor

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly,

Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada"

What should I do?

sinashams15

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 july 2011
AOR Received.
5 oct 2011
my wife's address has changed.
where should I send email? to damascus or ankara?

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
I'm not usually one to advocate just waiting around, but in this case, I am, since they notified you within the 30 days, and it seems they are allowed to extend it for another 30 days, and you should hear from them by then, or earlier.

sinashams15 said:
I have ordered my CAIPS but Today I received this email:

"Dear Mr.XXXXXX:

This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on March 23, 2012, for the following:

-the Ankara visa file concerning XXXXXXXX

Despite our best efforts to process your request within the 30-day statutory limit, an extension of up to 30 days pursuant to paragraph 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act, is required to process your request. This paragraph states that a request may be extended if "the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution."

Please be advised that you are entitled to bring a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at:eek:ic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Information Commissioner
Place de Ville, Tower B
112 Kent Street
7th Floor

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly,

Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada"

What should I do?

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
sinashams15 said:
my wife's address has changed.
where should I send email? to damascus or ankara?
Ankara, since they are processing the updates and applications now, and there was notification about sending emails to the new embassies.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
A good response to this article by the Immigration Reporter I've been in touch with:

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1166154--immigration-applicants-upset-at-ottawa-s-plan-to-wipe-out-backlog?bn=1

There wasn't much of a positive response to the November 2011 article about the lawsuit by some of the ones affected by the backlog, but I think there's more of an awareness that the poor handling of some immigration matters can come back to bite them with other government services that *they* depend on.