+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
KhalidIraq said:
Habibi Zain;

First of all: Alef Alef MABROOOOOOK!

Provide the Embassy with exactly what its staff had requested be sent in the "PPR E-MAIL".

Regarding the submission of the passport, I the best response you'll receive is tobe by "aaa2012"; because a friend of him had same experience in the recent.

Best regards,
. Thank u habibi youm alaaak ya raaab!!! Ya I need to get hold of aa2012 !! Hope hey MSG me when he c this

Oct 17, 2011
First Congrats to Zeinab :)

Thanks Jay for following this up, have you considered CBC's Anna Maria Tremonti; she has a great show every morning called the Current; and pursues all kinds of cases/issues. I can help write a letter if you reckon this useful.

JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

I sent an email to the Toronto Star's Immigration Reporter, Nicholas Keung. Besides sending a letter to the Immigration Minister, doing that e-Cas survey and signing online petitions, I think this is one of our best hopes. The Toronto Star is Canada's largest newspaper by circulation, and they are also anti-Harper Conservatives, so they should be most receptive to our plight.

Here's what I sent, and I invite others to email him as well, at nkeung @ thestar.ca

Dear Nicholas Keung,

I have an article proposal for you regarding the current spousal sponsorship situation that I think would be of interest to your readers.

Due to the Arab Spring, and also the current government's handling of the situation, the 80% processing time at Damascus, as one example, has gone up from 9 months to 14, and since the applications have been transferred to three other embassies, there have only been a handful of permanent resident visas issued in the past 2 months.

There is quite a robust discussion going on in a canadavisa.com forum and we are pursuing various ways of drawing attention to this issue and I would very much appreciate your attention as well.

Regards,

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
Zainiraq said:
Guyyyyyys I can't believe it they ask for my wife passport ommmmmmg I'm so happpppy!!!!!!my application was received April 27 2011?!!!! Now plz can u help me she live in Iraq can she submit passport in person or via carrier!!! They asked for Iraqi identity like send the original one wt do I need to send and how do I get it back!! Which address I give in Iraq ??? Guys need quick answer especially from Iraqi ppl.
great news congratulations dear, the best wishes to you , great start to a new week and a new month :)

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
yetAnotherSilentReader said:
First Congrats to Zeinab :)

Thanks Jay for following this up, have you considered CBC's Anna Maria Tremonti; she has a great show every morning called the Current; and pursues all kinds of cases/issues. I can help write a letter if you reckon this useful.
Hi yetanotherSilentReader,

That is a great idea and I just contacted them at their site cbc.ca/thecurrent and suggested a show as a follow-up to their interview with Jason Kenney on March 19, where he promised big changes.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
happy 13 months to me and parastoo and whoever else that is at 13 months 8), what can i say really, maybe they forgot march applications and just skipped to April lol ,

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
sohrab919 said:
happy 13 months to me and parastoo and whoever else that is at 13 months 8), what can i say really, maybe they forgot march applications and just skipped to April lol ,
Well I HOPE NOT..even though i'm April 6...just kidding. I really hope you get it soon!! :D

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
nairyd said:
Well I HOPE NOT..even though i'm April 6...just kidding. I really hope you get it soon!! :D
haha thanks we almost have the same timeline,

parastoo

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
iran
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus (ankara)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011 damasdus
Med's Done....
28-11-2010 redo 28-11-2011
Passport Req..
8 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 june 2012
LANDED..........
23 june 2012
sohrab919 said:
IOI sohrab ishallah this week for us :D :D :D

parastoo

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
iran
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus (ankara)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011 damasdus
Med's Done....
28-11-2010 redo 28-11-2011
Passport Req..
8 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 june 2012
LANDED..........
23 june 2012
;D happy for you dear zainiraq

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
sohrab919 said:
haha thanks we almost have the same timeline,
Atleast your papers are in Ankara, where there is some movement! I havent heard anything from Beirut VO, and my friend told me that their not even a 100 percent set up yet! I guess my hope is still high because my ecase got updated! Nshalla we will hear something soon! Have a good week :)

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
sohrab919 said:
great news congratulations dear, the best wishes to you , great start to a new week and a new month :)
. Thank to sohrab hope urs next n all members!! Since you have experience in this so the only to send passport is thru carrier!! What document do I need to attach passport 2 photo and original Iraqi citizen anything else??? Now do I need to put an address or they will send it back to same address where I send it from like for example DHL office in Iraq ??

L

laleh_d

Hello everybody,
I hope all is well with you. :)
Guys I have posted this question before but still can't decide what I should be doing. I have been following some of the threads lately and have found out that some members have been very selective and thoughtful of what they have put in their application to prove that their relationship is genuine and i have heard that there is a waiting list for people who get interviewed which will further delay the process of their application. I have started to wonder what if what we have sent was not enough or what if they put us on the waiting list just because we didn't provide enough. I can gather up more proof and send it to Ankara but I think we are advised not to send them documents unless they ask us to. Do you think I should send more info or should I just wait and see?
Here are the things we sent:

-The translated marriage certificate.
-40-50 pictures of our marriage ceremony, trips together and with friends. ( as we have been dating for 3 years before our marriege the pictures can really tell that we've grown older together ;D )
-A copy of my phone bills in 2008 when we were still not married which I made numerous calls to Iran. ( but I only have one copy since I wasn't planning to save all the documents for a day like this.)
-A copy of a few airline tickets to Iran.
- A 2-3page letter explaining how we met, and how we ended up getting married.

I would've sent all our emails but since they weren't written in English I didn't see a point of printing them all.However, I can still find many emails to print out and send. Also some people have had their friends and family members write a letter indicating that the relationship is genuine. do you think I should do that? also, we don't have receipts of going to movies and stuff although I have spend a long time in Iran just to be with him but I didn't know we should be collecting such items. We collected our international phone cards just for remembering those hard days but I don't know if a phone card is what they need.

Do you think I should go ahead and submit more info or should I wait and see if they give him an interview date? The process is already too long and we will be spending most of it apart. :'( I can't really afford to be on the waiting list just for not submitting enough info.

Sorry for the long msg. Thank you for help. :)

O

Ottawa_2010

Dear all,

A quick question. If i am using a immigration consultant for my wife's application, will the PPR request be sent directly to the sponsored person or to the consultants office?

Thanks

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Ottawa_2010 said:
Dear all,

A quick question. If i am using a immigration consultant for my wife's application, will the PPR request be sent directly to the sponsored person or to the consultants office?

Thanks
It'll be sent to the consultant before the sponsored person.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
an interesting thing i wanted to share with you guys, i was just going through my emails and i received an email from my MP's office in ottawa, he told me on Saturday CIC confirmed my wife's file's arrival in Ankara and they are moving towards finalizing it(medical,security etc) i know its not a big deal but i was happy to hear it, atleast now i know for sure her file is in ankara, since the closure of damascus i was just guessing and hoping its there, now it kind of makes sense, some files got to ankara before mine and thats why they got ppr, its not like they have a file from 13 months ago and they give ppr to the 8 month person, believe it or not ankara is still receiving physical files through diplomatic mail and when they do they prioritize it according the date filing date, for once my mp gave me some DECENT information, actual information that made sense, anyways like i said its not a big deal or anything but not knowing where the hell your file is or are they even processing it was killing me, i feel a bit better now, im heading back to canada with a bit of hope and definitely a smile