+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Guyyyyyys I can't believe it they ask for my wife passport ommmmmmg I'm so happpppy!!!!!!my application was received April 27 2011?!!!! Now plz can u help me she live in Iraq can she submit passport in person or via carrier!!! They asked for Iraqi identity like send the original one wt do I need to send and how do I get it back!! Which address I give in Iraq ??? Guys need quick answer especially from Iraqi ppl.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Zainiraq said:
Guyyyyyys I can't believe it they ask for my wife passport ommmmmmg I'm so happpppy!!!!!!my application was received April 27 2011?!!!! Now plz can u help me she live in Iraq can she submit passport in person or via carrier!!! They asked for Iraqi identity like send the original one wt do I need to send and how do I get it back!! Which address I give in Iraq ??? Guys need quick answer especially from Iraqi ppl.
:eek: :eek: :eek: wooooow that's great....mabrooooook (congrats)!!! April starts in a very nice way and the week too :):):) Amman embassy starts working harder and i'm sure Ankara and Beirut also will work harder and harder!!!! i can't answer ur question, ask on the Amman thread too, hope someone will clarify for u and she will get the visa very soon :) have a happy life in Canada!!!

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
يعني همه يردون الجنسيه العراقيه. و صورتين و الجواز مؤ لو اني غلطان العنوان شخلي شلون يرجعلي الجواز ما عندي عنوان باعراق اگدر اخلي نفس المكتب سهلي

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
Zainiraq said:
يعني همه يردون الجنسيه العراقيه. و صورتين و الجواز مؤ لو اني غلطان العنوان شخلي شلون يرجعلي الجواز ما عندي عنوان باعراق اگدر اخلي نفس المكتب سهلي
If you are in jordan, you can ask the FedEx office to call you once they have you wife passport, there is no real addresses in most of jordan cities. you can agree to meet with them about a specific place or office to take it back. I did with TNT as well.

I thinks the same apply in Iraq.

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
abdmoh said:
If you are in jordan, the FedEx office to call you once they have you wife passport, there is no real addresses in most of jordan cities. you can agree to meet with them about a specific place or office to take it back. I did with TNT as well.

I thinks the same apply in Iraq.
. Okay thanks no she is in Iraq and I'm in canada

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Zainiraq said:
Congratulations Zain!
Hope you'll get your visa soon and without delays as well as I wish you all the best!
Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH; let's be the next!!!
Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Congrats Zainiraq!!! what a wonderful way to start April:)

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Hi everyone,

I sent an email to the Toronto Star's Immigration Reporter, Nicholas Keung. Besides sending a letter to the Immigration Minister, doing that e-Cas survey and signing online petitions, I think this is one of our best hopes. The Toronto Star is Canada's largest newspaper by circulation, and they are also anti-Harper Conservatives, so they should be most receptive to our plight.

Here's what I sent, and I invite others to email him as well, at nkeung@thestar.ca

Dear Nicholas Keung,

I have an article proposal for you regarding the current spousal sponsorship situation that I think would be of interest to your readers.

Due to the Arab Spring, and also the current government's handling of the situation, the 80% processing time at Damascus, as one example, has gone up from 9 months to 14, and since the applications have been transferred to three other embassies, there have only been a handful of permanent resident visas issued in the past 2 months.

There is quite a robust discussion going on in a canadavisa.com forum and we are pursuing various ways of drawing attention to this issue and I would very much appreciate your attention as well.

Regards,

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
wait me my love said:
guys can someone explain to me what you ARE TALKING about? and what does this do with our applications ?
The canadian government has announced that it is canceling ALL skilled worker applications received before the end of Feb 2008. anyone who applied before that date will have their application returned to them. they waited 4 years just to be let down:( it does not affect spousal sponsorship. read the link posted by missmini, it explains it all. very sad....

Zainiraq

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
KhalidIraq said:
Congratulations Zain!
Hope you'll get your visa soon and without delays as well as I wish you all the best!
Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH; let's be the next!!!
Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH, Ya ALLAH.
. Thank you Khalid hope u will get urs soon inshallah and every1 as well !!! Btw do u know how this can be done which is the easies and saftest and fastest way to send the passport from Iraq and how do we get it back!!!! Do I need to send the original Iraqi identity! Aljanciya aliraqi !any1 give me as much as possible lol

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Zainiraq said:
Perfect news :D
Sweet April!

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
Zainiraq said:
I am SOOO very happy for you!! Congrats :) :) :) I hope you find your answer, my husband is in Beirut, so I have no idea!! But isnt it the adress of your wifes? OR DHL gets the passport back and they call you to pick it up? I wouldn't know, maybe your wife can ask in Iraq somewhere or you can call DHL international! Good luck! Mabrouk again :D

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

I sent an email to the Toronto Star's Immigration Reporter, Nicholas Keung. Besides sending a letter to the Immigration Minister, doing that e-Cas survey and signing online petitions, I think this is one of our best hopes. The Toronto Star is Canada's largest newspaper by circulation, and they are also anti-Harper Conservatives, so they should be most receptive to our plight.

Here's what I sent, and I invite others to email him as well, at nkeung @ thestar.ca

Dear Nicholas Keung,

I have an article proposal for you regarding the current spousal sponsorship situation that I think would be of interest to your readers.

Due to the Arab Spring, and also the current government's handling of the situation, the 80% processing time at Damascus, as one example, has gone up from 9 months to 14, and since the applications have been transferred to three other embassies, there have only been a handful of permanent resident visas issued in the past 2 months.

There is quite a robust discussion going on in a canadavisa.com forum and we are pursuing various ways of drawing attention to this issue and I would very much appreciate your attention as well.

Regards,

Dear Jayson,

Do u really think contacting a local newspaper is an effective step? I mean what are the chances that they reflect the situation in their paper?
Personally I support any idea that might facilitate the process.
Keep up the good work, u'll have our full support.

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Zainiraq said:
. Thank you Khalid hope u will get urs soon inshallah and every1 as well !!! Btw do u know how this can be done which is the easies and saftest and fastest way to send the passport from Iraq and how do we get it back!!!! Do I need to send the original Iraqi identity! Aljanciya aliraqi !any1 give me as much as possible lol
Habibi Zain;

First of all: Alef Alef MABROOOOOOK!

Provide the Embassy with exactly what its staff had requested be sent in the "PPR E-MAIL".

Regarding the submission of the passport, I the best response you'll receive is tobe by "aaa2012"; because a friend of him had same experience in the recent.

Best regards,

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
siavashf said:
Dear Jayson,

Do u really think contacting a local newspaper is an effective step? I mean what are the chances that they reflect the situation in their paper?
Personally I support any idea that might facilitate the process.
Keep up the good work, u'll have our full support.
Hi siavashf, and thanks for your support.

It's called the Toronto Star, but it's Canada's largest newspaper, and more immigrants live in the Greater Toronto Area than in any other single area in Canada.

I have seen some of his articles before, like one from Feb. 28 about the government cutting funding for immigration research centres. He really likes to give the human angle of how it's affecting families.

I think that with a couple other people sending him a short email, it would draw his attention. There is a definite human interest story with our cases!