+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

fadimaya

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
hi sohrab thank u dear for ure updates , i have a question since u re more informed , i am sponsoring my wife i live in quebec , i amplaning to moove to british culumbia , my wife s file is still in process . does it harmin a way to change from quebec to another province ?>?? i mean wat will happen in case she arrives here does she have to pass by quebec first ????> or she can fly away to bc does it change anything am lost about that, plz if u can help me i wld me thanksfull

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
sohrab919 said:
hello friends, i hope everyone is doing well, march is finally upon us we had 1 good news lets hope for more,
i wanted to share something with you guys, if any of you are in touch with MP's or lawyers dont believe what they say, for some reason they are misinformed, its funny and sad at the same time, my MP called me yesterday to UPDATE me on my file( i didnt ask him) he just keeps calling lol, anyways he was like they just started transferring files to ankara on march 1st , i was like hmmm really... wow , ok so i wonder why they are issuing PR's. he was like no theyre not lool , i didnt want to argue with the guy , i mean he was trying to help but it pissed me off when he was talking in the CALM voice and saying stuff that wasnt true, i was like ok listen sir i am in touch with the embassy, all files are there and there were about 50 visas issued in the first 2 days of march so what are you telling me, that my file is still in damascus? he didnt say anything and hung up, anyways either they are misinformed or they are trying to buy time for CIC,
hey sohrab and all , i wanted to let u know that back on november 27 i got in touch with my MP he got back to me on dec 15th the day the ''syria notice annoucement '' came out and advised that all syrians married to canadians can get a visa in 5 days , so he says to me listen ur husbands file is in process the background check is not clear it can take at least another 6 to 7 months or maybe a year , so i said what about the annoucement that came out today he sais " what annoucement" so i pulled it online and read it to him and although it was very clear that Spouses of canadian citizen should go to the canadian embassy in damascus to get a visa in 5 business days he didnt know about it and kept repeating that its only for canadians in syria , so my husband went to damascus on the 16th and got the visa on the 21 of december and the MP was telling me impossible they wont bring non canadians here in 5 days only canadians , all this to say SOHRAB is right they dont know anything they mis inform you and confuse you he killed my hope but then my husband gets the visa and he knew nothing about anoucements from ministry of foreigh affairs concerning the situation in syria so please dont rely on anything OH and EVEN the embassy e mailed me the 2 december advising me that the background check will take months over the expected periods wich was 13 months and on the 21 dec he got the visa so please dont loose hope and keep the faith and beleive it will all happen when it will , dont reply on anything just have faith!!
all the best my dearest forumers!

Ramz

P

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Anakara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
04-July-2011
sohrab919 said:
hello friends, i hope everyone is doing well, march is finally upon us we had 1 good news lets hope for more,
i wanted to share something with you guys, if any of you are in touch with MP's or lawyers dont believe what they say, for some reason they are misinformed, its funny and sad at the same time, my MP called me yesterday to UPDATE me on my file( i didnt ask him) he just keeps calling lol, anyways he was like they just started transferring files to ankara on march 1st , i was like hmmm really... wow , ok so i wonder why they are issuing PR's. he was like no theyre not lool , i didnt want to argue with the guy , i mean he was trying to help but it pissed me off when he was talking in the CALM voice and saying stuff that wasnt true, i was like ok listen sir i am in touch with the embassy, all files are there and there were about 50 visas issued in the first 2 days of march so what are you telling me, that my file is still in damascus? he didnt say anything and hung up, anyways either they are misinformed or they are trying to buy time for CIC,
Thank you so much for you update Sohrab! When I called CIC a couple of weeks ago to ask for my file number (which they did not give me!) I was told that my file is still in Damascus and they have no idea when it is going to be transferred to Ankara! I hope it goes fast for all of us from now on :)

Vivavisa2011

Jul 27, 2011
Hi guys,
My wife's file has been in Syria for 13.5 months now.. it is since Jan 2010. I do the regular follow up with the MP for status but yesterday he called me after i called him few days before to obtain status and he gave me some shocking news.. I know or at least as per media that the immigration section in Syria is closed and everything being redistributed.. in my case the file would make sense to go to Amman as my wife resides in amman but I am not sure if it made it there yet or still in Syria. So the MP called me and told me the system in Amman has an issue and they are fixing it also he mentioned transit issue.. He said it would take 3-4 months before they can operate. So i am really shocked now and still trying to absorb the shock..I have waited long enough.. my question is, did anyone try to call the Embassy in Syria and got some news on some files or anything.. i called them once and they said we transferred everything and no files are here.. Do you guys know actually for a fact that Syria is still issuing Visas? My wife's application should be really at the last stage as she did the medical exam again beginning of January.. I haven't heard anything since then.. Any update would really help...

Thanks

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Vivavisa2011 said:
Hi guys,
My wife's file has been in Syria for 13.5 months now.. it is since Jan 2010. I do the regular follow up with the MP for status but yesterday he called me after i called him few days before to obtain status and he gave me some shocking news.. I know or at least as per media that the immigration section in Syria is closed and everything being redistributed.. in my case the file would make sense to go to Amman as my wife resides in amman but I am not sure if it made it there yet or still in Syria. So the MP called me and told me the system in Amman has an issue and they are fixing it also he mentioned transit issue.. He said it would take 3-4 months before they can operate. So i am really shocked now and still trying to absorb the shock..I have waited long enough.. my question is, did anyone try to call the Embassy in Syria and got some news on some files or anything.. i called them once and they said we transferred everything and no files are here.. Do you guys know actually for a fact that Syria is still issuing Visas? My wife's application should be really at the last stage as she did the medical exam again beginning of January.. I haven't heard anything since then.. Any update would really help...

Thanks
Funny how just a few posts before yours Sohrab was saying how useless most of these MPs and lawyers are! If you read his post you will see that there's no need to worry.
Don't worry, there is NO file in Syria, all of them were transferred a month ago, and the other files which never made their way to Damascus are being transferred now.
And a friend of someone here got ppr from Amman a few days ago in family class sponsorship.

I encourage everyone to forget thinking about what MP said and lawyer said and call center agents said and ecas says and the waiting will get so much easier! :) In this forum we have already seen PPR from Ankara and Amman, this gives us the hope, well it gives it to me at least! :)

fadimaya

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
hi sohrab thank u dear for ure updates , i have a question since u re more informed , i am sponsoring my wife i live in quebec , i amplaning to moove to british culumbia , my wife s file is still in process . does it harmin a way to change from quebec to another province ?>?? i mean wat will happen in case she arrives here does she have to pass by quebec first ?> or she can fly away to bc does it change anything am lost about that, plz if u can help me i wld me thanksfull

Ajaxxio

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Hi friends

My wife is my sponsor, i am Lebanese, my file was ransferred to Damascus on 5 May 2011, is there any applicant here who is near my dates? just to know if i'm still far to hear some good news or if i should expect some progress in the coming couple of months.
As for the lawyers, i will let you know my story soon, that's one hint, i send him my papers on 23 December 2009, he sent my file on February 2011, all that time he said that they are not replying and that he had to send my file several times by DHL to Vegreville.

fadimaya

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
hi ajaxxio am lebanese 2 . i am sponsoring my wife and her file transf to damascus in 23 march 2011 and we re still waiting i think her file now is in beirut

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
Ajaxxio said:
Hi friends

My wife is my sponsor, i am Lebanese, my file was ransferred to Damascus on 5 May 2011, is there any applicant here who is near my dates? just to know if i'm still far to hear some good news or if i should expect some progress in the coming couple of months.
As for the lawyers, i will let you know my story soon, that's one hint, i send him my papers on 23 December 2009, he sent my file on February 2011, all that time he said that they are not replying and that he had to send my file several times by DHL to Vegreville.
Hi Ajaxxio, ana im Lebanese too and my file was recvd b July /2011. bs never made it to Damascus..kamein long story. Im sponsoring my husband w Im hoping Beirut will start processing the old files. By the way, we have a forum la Beirut applicants, ur more than welcome to join...at least heik we try to capture more details from all the Lebanese..

Vivavisa2011

Jul 27, 2011
Hi guys,
My wife's application got to Syria in Jan 2011 and we still haven't heard anything, she did the medical exam again and still waiting..
I think probably on average 9-14 months.. it has been 13.5 months for me and nothing yet.. really getting frustrated..
Allah efrojha 3al jamee3 inshala..

Regards,

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Vivavisa2011 said:
Hi guys,
My wife's application got to Syria in Jan 2011 and we still haven't heard anything, she did the medical exam again and still waiting..
I think probably on average 9-14 months.. it has been 13.5 months for me and nothing yet.. really getting frustrated..
Allah efrojha 3al jamee3 inshala..

Regards,
Dear Viva,

Do not worry. You are not alone in this game. All of us are at the same boat. If you check the chart you see that there are still people from 2010 who are waiting. So do not be frustrated. Hope good news for every body come very soon.

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ajaxxio said:
Hi friends

Dear Aja,

These people's time line is very close to yours:
siavashf ?-May-2011
Ajaxxio 5-May-2011
Ottawa_2010 3-May-2011
Noora_al 3-May-2011
joe1313 8-May-2011
Pouyaba 11-May-2011

Non of them have heard nothing from embassies. So do not worry. And wait for a light from this long tunnel!

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fadimaya said:
hi sohrab thank u dear for ure updates , i have a question since u re more informed , i am sponsoring my wife i live in quebec , i amplaning to moove to british culumbia , my wife s file is still in process . does it harmin a way to change from quebec to another province ?>?? i mean wat will happen in case she arrives here does she have to pass by quebec first ?> or she can fly away to bc does it change anything am lost about that, plz if u can help me i wld me thanksfull
Dear Fadi,

I myself do not think your movement can cause a problem for your wife. Because your application is under spouse sponsorship program and it is not relevant provincial programs, so i do not think your wife has to fly first to Quebec. Or? Any Idea?

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Last news from http://www.mohajeran.ca/?p=10626 relevant transferring the files of Iranian to Ankara!
The writer mentioned in the site the important part of the email which he has received relevant this transferring as follows:

"من چند مورد مهمی که در این ایمیل ذکر شده است را در زیر می آورم و عیناً ترجمه می کنم.

Please do not contact any visa office at this time to enquire about the status or location of your application. You should contact the appropriate visa office only if you wish to withdraw your application, or to change your contact information such as e-mail, telephone number, or address.

لطفاً در حال حاضر با هیچ یک از دفاتر ویزا در خصوص وضعیت یا محل پرونده خود تماس نگیرید. تنها در صورتی با دفتر ویزای مناسب [در مورد ایرانی ها آنکارا] تماس بگیرید که می خواهید پرونده خود را ببندید یا آنکه اطلاعات ارتباطی خود نظیر آدرس ایمیل، شماره تلفن یا آدرس را عوض کنید.

The visa office processing your application will contact you when they require further information from you, or are ready to provide you further instructions.

دفتر ویزای مسؤول رسیدگی به پرونده شما در صورت نیاز به اطلاعات بیشتر از شما یا آمادگی برای ارائه دستورالعمل بیشتر به شما، با شما تماس خواهد گرفت.

Please do not send additional documents to a visa office unless you have been specifically instructed to do so. Any document or e-mail you may have sent to Damascus will be forwarded to the correct office. Please do not send messages more than once, or to more than one visa office.

لطفاً مدارک بیشتر برای دفتر ویزا ارسال نکنید، مگر اینکه از شما مشخصاً مدارک بیشتر خواسته شده باشد. هر مدرک یا ایمیلی که قبلاً برای دمشق فرستاده اید به دفتر ویزای صحیح ارسال خواهد شد. لطفاً پیام های خود را بیش از یک بار، یا به بیش از یک دفتر ویزا ارسال نفرمایید. "

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Arezou said:
Last news from http://www.mohajeran.ca/?p=10626 relevant transferring the files of Iranian to Ankara!
The writer mentioned in the site the important part of the email which he has received relevant this transferring as follows:

"من چند مورد مهمی که در این ایمیل ذکر شده است را در زیر می آورم و عیناً ترجمه می کنم.

Please do not contact any visa office at this time to enquire about the status or location of your application. You should contact the appropriate visa office only if you wish to withdraw your application, or to change your contact information such as e-mail, telephone number, or address.

لطفاً در حال حاضر با هیچ یک از دفاتر ویزا در خصوص وضعیت یا محل پرونده خود تماس نگیرید. تنها در صورتی با دفتر ویزای مناسب [در مورد ایرانی ها آنکارا] تماس بگیرید که می خواهید پرونده خود را ببندید یا آنکه اطلاعات ارتباطی خود نظیر آدرس ایمیل، شماره تلفن یا آدرس را عوض کنید.

The visa office processing your application will contact you when they require further information from you, or are ready to provide you further instructions.

دفتر ویزای مسؤول رسیدگی به پرونده شما در صورت نیاز به اطلاعات بیشتر از شما یا آمادگی برای ارائه دستورالعمل بیشتر به شما، با شما تماس خواهد گرفت.

Please do not send additional documents to a visa office unless you have been specifically instructed to do so. Any document or e-mail you may have sent to Damascus will be forwarded to the correct office. Please do not send messages more than once, or to more than one visa office.

لطفاً مدارک بیشتر برای دفتر ویزا ارسال نکنید، مگر اینکه از شما مشخصاً مدارک بیشتر خواسته شده باشد. هر مدرک یا ایمیلی که قبلاً برای دمشق فرستاده اید به دفتر ویزای صحیح ارسال خواهد شد. لطفاً پیام های خود را بیش از یک بار، یا به بیش از یک دفتر ویزا ارسال نفرمایید. "
They always say this