+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO Processing Times (June 2014)

karissaanne

Jun 3, 2014
Good Evening!

I am just curious about current LMO processing times, preferably in Alberta.

Also, I would love to know if anyone else applied using the online Web Service? My future employer applied for a named LMO using the online service (for a low-skilled job) about 7 weeks ago, and we are still waiting for the result!

Good luck to everyone waiting for their LMO as well!

genrich16

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
karissaanne said:
Good Evening!

Also, I would love to know if anyone else applied using the online Web Service? My future employer applied for a named LMO using the online service (for a low-skilled job) about 7 weeks ago, and we are still waiting for the result!

Hi may i ask what is your specific job in alberta?

aika1987

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
two applications - first submitted 14 weeks ago, second 3 weeks ago... both in Alberta.

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Our was applied via web service and got approved in 5 weeks, not in Alberta though but in Manitoba. Employer's first time to apply for LMO too, NOC8252.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
MasterCedric said:
Our was applied via web service and got approved in 5 weeks, not in Alberta though but in Manitoba. Employer's first time to apply for LMO too, NOC8252.
How long did your employer wait for the web registration process, prior to the LMO?

lmo

Apr 10, 2014
karissaanne said:
Good Evening!

Province: Alberta
Date submitted : 28 November 2013
Still waiting

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
Hey-
Not sure whether anyone can help me....
I am a skilled worker with a British Passport (recruitment manager, oil and gas) and currently work in Calgary on a 2 year, employer sponsored LMO. My LMO expires on the 1st August 2014. We applied for a renewal which was rejected as we had over 100 applicants during the advertising process, they did not believe that there were no Canadian nationals who could do my job. My employer followed all of the rules and interviewed a dozen people who had relevant resumes, however none fit the critera and we highlighted the reasons why in the application. They then also rejected the appeal.

We have just started advertising for a fresh LMO but I am really sceptical about the probability of this coming back as positive when my renewal was rejected. Has anyone had this situation before and has anyone had a positive result?

I also have an application in for AINP but it is highly unlikely that I will get this before my LMO expires. I desperately do not want to leave my job/Canada. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
beholder69 said:
How long did your employer wait for the web registration process, prior to the LMO?
I'm not sure how long exactly but I would say not too long, less than a week maybe. All I know is that they got in touch with someone from Service Canada, someone named Ryan, who walked them through the process of setting up their online account.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
MasterCedric said:
I'm not sure how long exactly but I would say not too long, less than a week maybe. All I know is that they got in touch with someone from Service Canada, someone named Ryan, who walked them through the process of setting up their online account.
Oh, thanks, although that troubled me because an employer doing the same procedure here has sent the applications for the online registration, like 3 months ago to both Service Canada and SINP (it's required for an LMO in SK) and we haven't heard from either of them :-/

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Province: BC
NOC: 6671
Date submitted: Approximately November 1, 2013
Date received: April 10, 2014
Result: Positive
Date Suspended: April 24, 2014
Date Suspension Lifted: Still waiting for end of moratorium

karissaanne

Jun 3, 2014
beholder69 said:
I believe it took about a month in total for my employer to receive approval for the web service and receive login info in the mail.

Ganaa MGL

Jun 4, 2014
karissaanne said:
Good Evening!

Hello ! I am still waiting for my LMO, for 7 weeks so far, in Alberta. No news yet.