+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

ramrey5264

Jun 6, 2013
Im in the 18 week waiting for the LMO and I have nothing yet. Any body can tell me how can I find about the application status?..

msnaija

Mar 17, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

Once you will file your extension and the Visa Officer finds out that you do not have Positive LMO they will refuse it straight away( my friend applied last January 15 and she got a refusal letter sent to her on January 30th) It's crazy...It doesn't matter if your employer has been submitted/processed your LMO. If it reached in CIC and looked at by VO they will refuse you. It is based through experience. We are in Skilled Work Noc Code (LPN,RN) but they refused it even the LMO was already submitted in Service Canada.

It doesn't matter if you work in the Company for 10 months. I was working in my previous company for 2 years but they still refused my Work Permit because our Employer couldn't provide positive LMO.

I think the best thing that you can do is to apply for Paper Application and ask your employer a letter that they are processing your application to go with your Work Permit application. I've been in this kind of situation before, got depressed because of Refusal letter but luckily I have a wonderful partner who helped me and applied for Family Sponsorship(Common-Law and been living together for 1 yr and 6 months)...If not for him, I have to go back home since they refuse my Restoration and thats the last bet. If that is failed, then you have to apply in your home country or if your visa-exempt...you can do flagpoling in the Border...Apply for Visitor's Visa if your LMO application takes time, so you will not be Out of Status...
I've been following this thread faithfully....
However @carlaganda23 if you filing Family Sponsorship (Common Law) and are out-of-status, are you LEGALLY allowed to be here pending the application. Thought the person was supposed to leave the country after the 90 days.

p.s: LMO sucks :(

Maxxam

Nov 8, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
ramrey5264 said:
Im in the 18 week waiting for the LMO and I have nothing yet. Any body can tell me how can I find about the application status?..
Only your employer can call, I tried, they told me LMOs can take 8weeks and up.. when i told them I've been waiting for 29weeks, she just said I guess you fall in the 'and up group'... soooo rude..

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Guys,
I have been watching this forum for about 4 months. My conclusion is that if the LMO processing exceeds 20 weeks then there's a problem,it's either your employer is lying or Service Canada are investigating his status

kyameetah

Nov 2, 2013
singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2013
Doc's Request.
COC Singapore.. February 27, 2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
27-2-2014
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..
LANDED..........
hoping...
I got my positive LMO after 4 months..but my friend got hers for only 3 weeks..

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi, as per Program Requirements in Service Canada, your wage must be higher or within median wage in the specific Province or city where the job is located. I've been in your shoes before, our LMO was denied 3 times. The main issue is the minimum wage is not met...it should be within or higher than median wage in your specific NOC CODE. It's a mess...One of my friends went home because he was out of status because of the LMO refusal many times. Service Canada are very strict and if the employer didn't follow the Program Requirements then the chance of you getting a positive LMO is slim to none. Sorry to tell you..You can visit the Service Canada Website and see it yourself...Goodluck!

My LMO GOT APPROVEDD....Just for everyone's information. I applied on 17th January 2014 and got LMO approved on 17th March 2014....Had applied for Web developer position.. File description is above in quotes.....My Wages were not matched ....and Hence it was not getting approved...Wages were then matched by my employer...and LMO got approved.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinnaak said:
My LMO GOT APPROVEDD....Just for everyone's information. I applied on 17th January 2014 and got LMO approved on 17th March 2014....Had applied for Web developer position.. File description is above in quotes.....My Wages were not matched ....and Hence it was not getting approved...Wages were then matched by my employer...and LMO got approved.
You're so lucky. I've been waiting since January 9th and there's nothing yet.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maxxam said:
Only your employer can call, I tried, they told me LMOs can take 8weeks and up.. when i told them I've been waiting for 29weeks, she just said I guess you fall in the 'and up group'... soooo rude..
There's no reason for anybody to be waiting this long. They may as well have rejected your application 3 months ago so that your employer could re-try and get it right the second time. You're less one week away from having waited for two 15-week LMOs. The true average processing time seems to be 12 - 16 weeks and you're on the verge on doubling the maximum of such wait times. This is ridiculous.

About the rude Service Canada receptionist, I never had a problem with rudeness whenever I called. But I haven't called them in a while. Maybe they're becoming less helpful because they're probably getting lots of similar calls from dissatisfied employees. Agter all, their maximum processing times are continuing to hit record highs each day now.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Y16v said:
if i call service canada Vancouver they will give me any information about my application?
No, they'll only speak to your employer about that stuff.

vaingel1983

Mar 20, 2014
Hi! Just a query to those who have similar experience or to those who have knowledge. I have a job offer from Canada just last January 2014 and my employer applied for my LMO last week of January 2014. By February 2014, my employer let me sign the contract by sending it through fax since I am in the Philippines right now. She said she was notified by Service Canada to complete all signatures in the Live in caregiver contract she has submitted as part of the LMO application. Just last first week of march 2014 my employer was notified again by the Service Canada that the LMO application was complete and in process now. Anyone who has an idea of the timeline for this LMO application? please help....Thank you.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaingel1983 said:
Hi! Just a query to those who have similar experience or to those who have knowledge. I have a job offer from Canada just last January 2014 and my employer applied for my LMO last week of January 2014. By February 2014, my employer let me sign the contract by sending it through fax since I am in the Philippines right now. She said she was notified by Service Canada to complete all signatures in the Live in caregiver contract she has submitted as part of the LMO application. Just last first week of march 2014 my employer was notified again by the Service Canada that the LMO application was complete and in process now. Anyone who has an idea of the timeline for this LMO application? please help....Thank you.
LMO processing times vary by province, occupation, your date of application and your employer. Some jobs or employers are scrutinized more than others (requiring extra processing times) and some Service Canada centers have larger backlogs than others. In your case, your LMO application shouldn't take too long. It seems like wait times for live-in caregivers is at an all-time low right now. All of Canada's LCP LMO applications are processed in the same place as normal Ontario applications and that office seems to be the fastest one at the moment.

Had your application package been complete from the very beginning, you wouldn't have had to wait more than 12 weeks to get a result. However, the incomplete LMO application you mentioned might have delayed your result. So you shouldn't have to wait more than 12 weeks plus the amount of time your employer spent getting signatures. This is assuming that they don't have to do any additional investigations on your employer though, but judging by what you wrote, it seems like everything's fine.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaingel1983 said:
I'd estimate about 16 weeks maximum for you. This is just an estimate based on other posts I've been seeing though so don't take it too seriously. You could end up waiting much longer than this, but I highly doubt it. You might not even have to wait the full 16 weeks (hence the term, 'maximum'). It seems like you've been waiting 7-8 weeks so far, therefore you're most likely at least halfway done with waiting for your LMO result.

Ralukino

Jan 22, 2013
Lmo aplication send in feb 24, received by service canada on 27 feb
Positive LMO received march 19 .
Position. Electrician
Province: Alberta