+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO Processing Time - Ontario

kiranvks

Jul 26, 2010
Hi,

Would like to know if anyone is aware of the current processing times for LMO's in Ontario.

My employer has applied for an A-LMO during last week of March and still haven't heard anything yet.
Due to the new rules, the A-LMO processing has been temporarily suspended and my application is being converted to go thorough the regular LMO processing route.

Anyone who recently got their LMO's, request you to please share your timelines.

Thank you,
Kiran

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
my LMO was processed in 5 weeks. im not sure if it's an A-LMO or a regular one. i am in edmonton, maybe it's the same as ontario..

europeangirl

Apr 30, 2013
It was regular LMO but online application (I have no idea does it play any role in processing time comparing to paper application).

kanth

Jun 15, 2013
Hi kiran,

i m also waiting for my LMO ...dont know how many weeks will it take can i have u r mail id plz...My mail id is s1kanth@yahoo.co.in

Thanks

Skmum

May 8, 2014
Hi All ...

I have been reading quite a while now .... Does the time frame to get LMO depends on what sector of Job you are into.
I am from Financial Background & applied for LMO outside canada .... Can someone reply what is the general time frame of the process from the day its applied.

Regards
Shirish

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Skmum said:
Hi All ...

I have been reading quite a while now .... Does the time frame to get LMO depends on what sector of Job you are into.
I am from Financial Background & applied for LMO outside canada .... Can someone reply what is the general time frame of the process from the day its applied.

Regards
Shirish
Shirish,

Some people in this forum believe skill 0 & A (high skilled) take less less time for LMO. However, my personal belief is that lmo processing time depends on province, employer compliance standards (if employer has previously appiled any lmo). I have seen people here in this forum who got lmo in less 8weeks and also seen people who got in 28 weeks. But average time for lmo is 12 - 16 weeks.

When was the lmo applied in your case??

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skmum said:
Hi All ...

Regards
Shirish
Dude, this thread started in 2013. It's severely out of date.

Skmum

May 8, 2014
Hi ... Intocanada

Thanks for ur reply ....
One of the agent here in mumbai has Immigration lawyer in Canada who has applied in the state of Ontario which means its been applied inside Canada. Now as per the info its been applied on 15th of May 2014, as of now I have not demanded any proof, as I can understand I will have to provide a months time at-least, however I will be asking for further info & details of progression soon.

Can you and all please guide some info on how should I do the follow up & whats the current time frame for processing of LMO in Ontario.
I am into Financial Analyst, & I am hoping it falls into Highly skilled Labour group, also the company has its presence in overall Canada & US.

Thanks again .... & Look forward for your input !!!

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Skmum said:
Hi ... Intocanada

Thanks for ur reply ....
One of the agent here in mumbai has Immigration lawyer in Canada who has applied in the state of Ontario which means its been applied inside Canada. Now as per the info its been applied on 15th of May 2014, as of now I have not demanded any proof, as I can understand I will have to provide a months time at-least, however I will be asking for further info & details of progression soon.

Can you and all please guide some info on how should I do the follow up & whats the current time frame for processing of LMO in Ontario.
I am into Financial Analyst, & I am hoping it falls into Highly skilled Labour group, also the company has its presence in overall Canada & US.

Thanks again .... & Look forward for your input !!!
You fall into NOC - 1112 - Financial and investment analysts which is under skilled category. Nothing much can be done from our side(Except wait) once the LMO is filed by employer. Maximum what you can do is contact employer and find whether he heard anything from Service Canada. At least, what I can share is with in 1 months of filing your LMO, Service Canada contacts your employer, which can be said official beginning of LMO processing. 8-12 weeks from that point could be the processing period is what I learnt.

All the best!!!

Skmum

May 8, 2014
Thanks a Lot Intocanada ..............

The info was really good to know.
I forgot to mention one point which my agent informed me. They told me, I would receive a call from Service Canada or from Canada authorities in India, with regards to the application, they didn't mention me the timing but instead said they will inform me whenever they are going to call. The reason for the call would be with regards to the application of the Job.

As mentioned I have been reading lots of Blogs & Forum, I didn't come across any such info about getting a call from Canadian authorities with regards to LMO application, is this a new change in the process or has it been previously performed but not talked about.

I am really curious about the call & waiting desperately .......................

Thanks again wish to discuss more ....
Cheers Intocanada .....