+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CUAET visa refused

ihabharfoush

Nov 25, 2023
I have applied with my common in law partner for CUAET program in July, last month my partner got her visa but they send me an email asking for a proof of our relationship. I applied the notarized declaration form as well as joint rental contract for over 1.5 years. On Friday I got refused and the reason is " I am not satisfied that you are a Ukrainian national or immediate family member of a Ukrainian national per R1(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations". We have until the end of January to arrive in canda otherwise we won't be eligible for the program. What to do? Would it be helpful to appeal? And how long does it take ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied with my common in law partner for CUAET program in July, last month my partner got her visa but they send me an email asking for a proof of our relationship. I applied the notarized declaration form as well as joint rental contract for over 1.5 years. On Friday I got refused and the reason is " I am not satisfied that you are a Ukrainian national or immediate family member of a Ukrainian national per R1(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations". We have until the end of January to arrive in canda otherwise we won't be eligible for the program. What to do? Would it be helpful to appeal? And how long does it take ?
So other than rental agreement, what did you show? Notarized declaration form doesn’t prove it. That is not enough to claim common law partnership.

ihabharfoush

Nov 25, 2023
Thank you for your response. I showed photos of us with my family over the past couple of years as well as her visa. I only had 2mg for the file size. I'm not sure what else is there to proof our relationship. Any advice is really appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response. I showed photos of us with my family over the past couple of years as well as her visa. I only had 2mg for the file size. I'm not sure what else is there to proof our relationship. Any advice is really appreciated.
Unfortunately photos do not prove you are common law. They just prove you are in a relationship. To prove common law, you want to provide evidence just as joint leases, joint bank accounts, joint utilities, employment and tax records that show the same address. This evidence should date back at least one year. Do you have evidence like this other than the lease? You can try submitting this additional evidence and requesting reconsideration.

I would also recommend that you / your wife post to the following Facebook page where you may get better advice specific to the CUAET visa situation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3148765652075065

ihabharfoush

Nov 25, 2023
We live in china so we don't have any other formal proof. My application was refused so i don't have an option to submit additional documents, do you mean an appeal? Would it be helpful if we get married?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We live in china so we don't have any other formal proof. My application was refused so i don't have an option to submit additional documents, do you mean an appeal? Would it be helpful if we get married?
Generally you can try sending a webform to request reconsideration and attach further evidence - although I don't know if this works for CUAET visas. If you just have the lease, that is unfortunately not much evidence. I don't know if getting married now will fix the issue since you weren't married when the original application was submitted. I would again strongly recommend you post to the facebook page to get advice.