+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ after Study

swarooponline

Jul 1, 2016
Hi

I am planning to study 1 year Diploma in Quebec region. But I have few doubts. Could someone help me.

1. Can I apply for CSQ after 6 months of study or do i need to complete the course?

2. Do i need advance knowledge of french to apply or can i apply with basic or no french?

3. Will my application also fall under yearly cap or cap exempt?

4. How many days it will take to process csq for international students?

thanks

sunnymaren

Aug 16, 2016
1) You can always apply for CSQ within the intake periods
2) For the CSQ you don't need french... At least all signs point to that, but of course then you might have trouble reaching the point cap.
3) You will fall under the cap
4) same as for everyone else

If you are going to study you need to get a job and a temporary work visa afterwards (immediately) and then use your status as temporary worker to apply for a CSQ with cap exemption, but for that you need solid level of french afaik. Then you application will likely be processed faster. You should consult an immigration agency for a full spectrum of your options! But generally, getting a degree in Canada is a good way to immigrate, even though not a surefire way as far as it seems (otherwise I would have done that :p).

Given the complexity of this whole thing you should like definitely consult a paid attorney to make sure you are not flushing a lot of money down the toilet.

moom

Aug 17, 2016
Hi everybody JUNE 2016 MON PROJET QUEBEC APPLICANTS FROM BANGLADESH,

I hope you all get CSQ? We AUG 2016 status waiting for treatment. Could you please share your experience -

- How long it takes to get Personalize Check List?
- Can anyone please send me checklist in my mail kmamun2000@gmail.com

nobita107

Dec 3, 2014
I believe you're going to apply under PEQ - Graduate, so the answers are:
1-You can apply within 6 months prior to your expected time of completion, but CSQ will not be issued until you complete it.
2-You need advanced level of oral French to apply. There are multiple ways to prove yourselves, and the level is approximately B2.
3-There's no cap for this stream.
4-They promise to give you CSQ in 20 days. Yes, that fast. Quebec warmly welcomes those who are kind enough to study there :D