+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS 442 - ways to improve score

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, my CRS is 442.

IELTS - when I tried selecting higher bands than those I am really in, my CRS goes up to 454. But looking at the trend in 2016, don't think 454 will really help me get ITA.

OINP - While reading about OINP's Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, for which they have paused taking in applications as of now, it is stated :

"If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full
- time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part- time paid work experience in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario"

My understanding is that the work experience stated above doesn't have to be in Ontario and could be anywhere in the world?

"If OINP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite you to apply to OINP for nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream"

How do they identify people to send PT NOIs to? So many of them would have met the eligibility criteria, so would they follow a lottery system to select people to send the PT NOIs?

SINP - I want to check if my understanding is right regarding SINP. According to https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/maximum-number-of-sinp-applications, the stream that will help increase CRS for FWSP is Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category, but for that the application intake thresholds have reached for 2016.

Is this something that could open up in the upcoming months or is it done and over with for 2016 and only would open up in 2017?

I am looking into other provinces too meanwhile am hoping to find clarification to the above questions regarding OINP and SINP. Experts please advise.

Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
krishere1982 said:
Hi all,

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, my CRS is 442.

IELTS - when I tried selecting higher bands than those I am really in, my CRS goes up to 454. But looking at the trend in 2016, don't think 454 will really help me get ITA. - May be couple of months down the line the score for direct ITA might come down. To see all the history of scores for direct ITA, check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp.

OINP - While reading about OINP's Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, for which they have paused taking in applications as of now, it is stated :

"If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full
- time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part- time paid work experience in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario"

My understanding is that the work experience stated above doesn't have to be in Ontario and could be anywhere in the world? - Correct.

"If OINP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite you to apply to OINP for nomination under the Human Capital Priorities Stream"

How do they identify people to send PT NOIs to? So many of them would have met the eligibility criteria, so would they follow a lottery system to select people to send the PT NOIs? - OINP will not be sending any NOI till November 2016 when they would have the quota for 2017. As far as I know, the NOIs are sent out to most of the candidates who have CRS 400 and above.

SINP - I want to check if my understanding is right regarding SINP. According to https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/maximum-number-of-sinp-applications, the stream that will help increase CRS for FWSP is Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category, but for that the application intake thresholds have reached for 2016. - Not sure about this one.

Is this something that could open up in the upcoming months or is it done and over with for 2016 and only would open up in 2017? - OINP will most probably open in November 2016. I am not sure about other provinces.

I am looking into other provinces too meanwhile am hoping to find clarification to the above questions regarding OINP and SINP. Experts please advise.

Thanks.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks for the response.

I had checked the previous rounds ITA for 2016 and I don't see that it has come anywhere close to 450 this year yet, but yeah back in Oct 2 2015 draw it was 450.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
krishere1982 said:
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks for the response.

I had checked the previous rounds ITA for 2016 and I don't see that it has come anywhere close to 450 this year yet, but yeah back in Oct 2 2015 draw it was 450.
This year in January it had come down to 453.

Roxy04

Jul 18, 2016
I'm married but I want to apply as spouse not accompanying which will give some boost to my score. If I do, that will they allow to bring my kids along with me? Kindly let me know the pros and cons applying as spouse not accompanying.

And how long will it take to sponsor the spouse in case if I get the PR and land in Canada?

Chocoboy

Jun 12, 2019
Hi there
Indian , 25, with 3 years Software experience.With a 4 year Bachelor (BTech-ECE)degree from India , have enrolled for PG Diploma(ongoing- 1 year) via Distant mode.(Enrolled primarily to get Two/more certificates or diplomas). Recently, checked on the WES site and it showed PG Diploma as " 1 year Graduate study", which means my highest qualification would be a Bachelors.
Based on these, I have 2 options:
A.)With IELTS 8+ band , another 6 month certificate course, or a distant learning Masters in India(would take 2 years) , along with an average French skill(aiming for atleast band 3-5 in TEF for 4 CRS points). Briefly CRS would be for two./more certificates - around 474-478(possibly in 2021) and for Masters- around 481-485(in 2022)
B.) 1 year Masters from University of Calgary(software engineering) followed by 1 year job. Although I know this gives high score, I am much worried about the employment after Masters degree in Canada, since Calgary is primarily a hotspot(as I heard) for Petrochemical industries, and I would have 1 year PGWP.

Any advise in these lines as which option would be feasible and realistic, is much appreciated.