+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal background check in US for non-US

mnaira

Sep 22, 2016
Hi,

My wife completed one year of study in U.S as an exchange student. Now that we are hoping to get an ITA in EE we wanted to be prepared an secure documents as soon as possible.
One of the required documents is the Police Certificate.

Do you have experience with obtaining Police Certificate for non-U.S citizens from outside U.S?

According to CIC we have to contact FBI directly!

Thanks,

iv3

Jun 1, 2017
you do not need Police certificate if your wife below 18 when living in US
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

mnaira

Sep 22, 2016
Thank you both for your replies.

I was wondering, can I send a Money Order to FBI through MoneyGram or Western Union?