File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
CharisseyB said:
Hey guys!

Just an update, my husband’s COPR arrived yesterday...It took 13 calendar days ;) I am so happy he’s coming soon...although he’ll land in April because of some paper work and all that stuff.:)
Awesome news!

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
I just received a request for a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union Form. In the email it doesn't state the address to send it to. Can anyone direct me to where I can locate the address for the Ottawa Visa Office. Do I even send it to Ottawa or does it have to go through Mississauga first?

My other question is this, since I had sent in this form with my recent visitor extension application can I send in the same one to Ottawa? I was just worried because it is dated Dec 29, 2015. Would it need to be a current date or does that matter?
Also the form is notarized by a Commissioner of Oath, but in my email request it has this note:

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

What does that mean? Will they not accept this form if it has been notarized? I am confused!
Thank you for any help you can give me. :)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
TracyCa64 said:
I just received a request for a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union Form. In the email it doesn't state the address to send it to. Can anyone direct me to where I can locate the address for the Ottawa Visa Office. Do I even send it to Ottawa or does it have to go through Mississauga first?

My other question is this, since I had sent in this form with my recent visitor extension application can I send in the same one to Ottawa? I was just worried because it is dated Dec 29, 2015. Would it need to be a current date or does that matter?
Also the form is notarized by a Commissioner of Oath, but in my email request it has this note:

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

What does that mean? Will they not accept this form if it has been notarized? I am confused!
Thank you for any help you can give me. :)
The notarized part is just badly worded, it just means don't send a notarized copy of an original document (such as a marriage certificate). Of course you have to send the notarized version of the statutory declaration, or it wouldn't be statutory.

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

So if you need to send the original, use the PCC address.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Aquakitty said:
The notarized part is just badly worded, it just means don't send a notarized copy of an original document (such as a marriage certificate). Of course you have to send the notarized version of the statutory declaration, or it wouldn't be statutory.

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

So if you need to send the original, use the PCC address.
Lol..Yeah, that was why it was confusing. Thank you Aquakitty for replying and helping.

It sounds like they want the original, they mentioned sending it via courier, just didn't give the address.
So the address you listed is where I need to send it?

Also what do you think about the fact that it is dated Dec 29th? Do you think that is okay?

Thanks again!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
TracyCa64 said:
Lol..Yeah, that was why it was confusing. Thank you Aquakitty for replying and helping.

It sounds like they want the original, they mentioned sending it via courier, just didn't give the address.
So the address you listed is where I need to send it?

Also what do you think about the fact that it is dated Dec 29th? Do you think that is okay?

Thanks again!!
I don't see why not, do these things actually expire? But that address is what they have on the CIC site for Ottawa visa office. Click in the FAQ at the bottom: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

pspatel

Feb 20, 2016
need urgent help
please reply
hello there
i am a permanent resident of canada but i am currently unemployed
so do I need to have a job to sponsor my spouse from india???

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
pspatel said:
need urgent help
please reply
hello there
i am a permanent resident of canada but i am currently unemployed
so do I need to have a job to sponsor my spouse from india???
You either need a job or prove you earn enough to care for her. For example, if you don't have a job, you would need to have very substantial savings, secure investments that give you interest to live off of, or some other means of money. You cannot be a part of any social help programs in Canada either.

Ummy

Dec 14, 2015
Hi,

Do you receive an email when online status changes into DM?
Do you receive an email when they mail COPR to your address?

I am asking because my US citizen spouse is in Canada visiting me currently. If they just mail the COPR without sending an email about DM or COPR, nobody will be picking up that mail.

Our timeline:

Applied: Oct 8th, 2015
Receipt: Nov 26th, 2015
SA Approval: Dec 8th, 2015
PR App in Process: Dec 16th, 2015
Medicals Received line has been added mid January.

Now if all goes well Expecting a DM but I was wondering if they send any emails when that happens, and if its COPR do they just mail it or email as well prior to snail mail?

Thanks all!

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Ummy said:
Hi,

Do you receive an email when online status changes into DM?
Do you receive an email when they mail COPR to your address?

I am asking because my US citizen spouse is in Canada visiting me currently. If they just mail the COPR without sending an email about DM or COPR, nobody will be picking up that mail.

Our timeline:

Applied: Oct 8th, 2015
Receipt: Nov 26th, 2015
SA Approval: Dec 8th, 2015
PR App in Process: Dec 16th, 2015
Medicals Received line has been added mid January.

Now if all goes well Expecting a DM but I was wondering if they send any emails when that happens, and if its COPR do they just mail it or email as well prior to snail mail?

Thanks all!
You don't receive an EMail for DM, I'm sorry. I haven't gotten my COPR yet but from everything I am reading here it appears you just get it in the snail mail to the mailing address listed on your ECAS. In order to see your application status you log into ECAS. If you are expecting your papers to an empty address you have to send an American you trust over there to get it and next-day mail it to you.

Ummy

Dec 14, 2015
Thank you.

ECAS status never changes for me. Both SA and PR sides say in process even though SA was in December. That never went DM.

So I am worried they wont change PR side into DM either and COPR will be mailed to my spouse's US address when he is here with me.

iiiEllie

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
20-02-2016, 10-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-04-2016
Ummy said:
Thank you.

ECAS status never changes for me. Both SA and PR sides say in process even though SA was in December. That never went DM.

So I am worried they wont change PR side into DM either and COPR will be mailed to my spouse's US address when he is here with me.
How long will he be there? You could always update his address to yours. That's what we did.
Logging in with our receipt number shows no changes on my husbands side, but if we log in with his UCI we see all the lines for his in process and what they've done.

Ummy

Dec 14, 2015
I dont even have an UCI number for my spouse. I received two emails from cic so far as a sponsor. First one was to confirm they received our application and the second one was the SA. There is a UCI number for myself and second number is the one starting with F, application number.

Where do you see the UCI for the sponsored person?

I either login with my UCI number or application number and see exact same updates under both. In process for both lines even though I got the SA email in December.

Sponsored spouse has three lines: receipt, started processing (dec 16th) and medicals have been received.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Ummy said:
I dont even have an UCI number for my spouse. I received two emails from cic so far as a sponsor. First one was to confirm they received our application and the second one was the SA. There is a UCI number for myself and second number is the one starting with F, application number.

Where do you see the UCI for the sponsored person?

I either login with my UCI number or application number and see exact same updates under both. In process for both lines even though I got the SA email in December.

Sponsored spouse has three lines: receipt, started processing (dec 16th) and medicals have been received.

jUST USE THE ONE WITH THE F, AND WITH THE INFORMATION OF YOUR SPOUSE LIKE NAME, AND DATE OF BIRTH, AND THE INFO THAT
THE PAGE REQUEST AND YOU WILL FOLLOW THE INFORMATION THAT THEY ARE WORKIN NOW IN THE SPOUSE SIDE.

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
After we saw DM post in ecas on Monday Feb 15th sent an email to Ottawa to make sure the DM was good. Just got email back stating that indeed the COPR is on the way and even better it was dated Feb 11th but ecas did not update until the 15th. Means we should get it any day now!!