Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Lol. Only if they knew how difficult and stressing this whole process is. I assume ECAS has not changed their status to DM.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Millertimez said:
Lol. Only if they knew how difficult and stressing this whole process is. I assume ECAS has not changed their status to DM.
Yeah. I mean they're happy for me but they just assume it's within normal times and that it wasn't a stressful process. My ECAS is DM, never even went into In Process!

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Zarilenth said:
Yeah. I mean they're happy for me but they just assume it's within normal times and that it wasn't a stressful process. My ECAS is DM, never even went into In Process!
Amazing news! Congrats! You didn't ever hear from Ottawa about a PPR, did you?
All the help you've given people on here has led to some good karma! :p

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
MapleLeafBride said:
Amazing news! Congrats! You didn't ever hear from Ottawa about a PPR, did you?
All the help you've given people on here has led to some good karma! :p
Haha, thank you :D No additional requests or PPR, I was very surprised! I'm hoping it is good karma, who knows maybe they rejected my file with no notice :p

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
Hi Everyone,
Our application just got submitted on March 4th 2014 so I am a total newbie at this. After reading through this forum I realize that some members had to give their police clearance and re-do their medical exam. Is this a normal process? How long does a US FBI clearance and Medical exam remain valid for?
Any help is much appreciated.
Best Regards
AloneKitchener

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
alonekitchener said:
Hi Everyone,
Our application just got submitted on March 4th 2014 so I am a total newbie at this. After reading through this forum I realize that some members had to give their police clearance and re-do their medical exam. Is this a normal process? How long does a US FBI clearance and Medical exam remain valid for?
Any help is much appreciated.
Best Regards
AloneKitchener
Twelve months. I seldom see CIC ask for a new FBI letter, but Medicals may be extended under some circumstances for an additional year.

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
hi everyone!
I am newbie. We filed our application as outland (Ukraine) to Mississauga, February 28 we received confirmation that it was received (in ECAS and in e-mail), I thought it will go to Ukraine but I found out calling to CIC that it went to Ottawa. Ukraine timeline is awesome like 6-7 months average. I heard Ottawa takes forever and I`m disappointed and do not understand why it ended up there. I live here in Canada for 3 years with my hubby (having study permit) and waiting another 1-2 years sounds very sad and my visa expires soon. I`m eager to go to work but cannot without permit. I still hope they filed our case to Ottawa because the case is "easy" that`s what one of the CIC call centre guys told us as a guess.

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
canadaukr said:
hi everyone!
I am newbie. We filed our application as outland (Ukraine) to Mississauga, February 28 we received confirmation that it was received (in ECAS and in e-mail), I thought it will go to Ukraine but I found out calling to CIC that it went to Ottawa. Ukraine timeline is awesome like 6-7 months average. I heard Ottawa takes forever and I`m disappointed and do not understand why it ended up there. I live here in Canada for 3 years with my hubby (having study permit) and waiting another 1-2 years sounds very sad and my visa expires soon. I`m eager to go to work but cannot without permit. I still hope they filed our case to Ottawa because the case is "easy" that`s what one of the CIC call centre guys told us as a guess.
Hello canadaukr,

They probably sent your application to Ottawa because you are already in Canada. This is what happened to my American common law partner. He was also here on a study permit and post-graduate work permit. We appled last May and we are still waiting!

You can apply for a post-graduate work permit that will mirror the length of your study permit (if you haven't done so already).

There is a chance you may be processed within 7 - 9 months at Ottawa. The reason why we are almost at 14 mos. is because we were missing the common law statutory declaration, they wanted additional evidence and now RCMP prints.

I processed the application myself. Looking back wish that I had used a lawyer!

Good luck!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
canadaukr said:
hi everyone!
Ottawa does not take 1-2 years. I got my visa for my husband in 5 months.

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Ottawa does not take 1-2 years. I got my visa for my husband in 5 months.
ok I have hope!!! congratulations to you!!

cangrlusboy said:
Hello canadaukr,

There is a chance you may be processed within 7 - 9 months at Ottawa. The reason why we are almost at 14 mos. is because we were missing the common law statutory declaration, they wanted additional evidence and now RCMP prints.

I processed the application myself. Looking back wish that I had used a lawyer!

Good luck!
ok I see...we lived as common law for 2.5 years but got married 7 months ago and after 2-3 months of marriage applied for sponsorship, no lawyer and didn`t fill out common law declaration (hope it wasn`t necessary). Wow I hope you are very close to finish!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canadaukr said:
ok I have hope!!! congratulations to you!!

ok I see...we lived as common law for 2.5 years but got married 7 months ago and after 2-3 months of marriage applied for sponsorship, no lawyer and didn`t fill out common law declaration (hope it wasn`t necessary). Wow I hope you are very close to finish!
If you were married, you shouldn't have needed the common-law declaration. That sounds like an error on the visa officer's part. Though perhaps it makes a difference to the type of PR granted (conditional versus non-conditional).

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
yeah if you lived together over 2 years you will have non-conditional PR... I read that.
I can`t add my timeline info to my profile for some reason.

sjenkins

Mar 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
Hi all! I just received sponsorship approval today which I am very happy about :) The email I received this morning said that the file had been forwarded to CPC-O - Case Processing Centre Ottawa. My partner and I are living together in New Zealand and applied via the Sydney office as there is no NZ VO. Can anyone shed some light on why the file was sent to Ottawa rather than Sydney? I'm a bit disappointed as the processing times for Sydney are really fast at the moment. I am a Canadian citizen and my partner lived in Canada for a year (where we met). Could this be why?

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

A day ago this is what appeared in our inbox.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

- Copy of proof of your immigration or residence legal status when you were residing in the United States on a student permit. (Feel free to scan the document and to attach it to your reply to this e-mail.)

Should I be excited? How long would you say would the rest of the process take? I am just happy an interview is not likely.

Any help would be much appreciated.

AloneKitchener

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
alonekitchener said:
Hello Everyone,

A day ago this is what appeared in our inbox.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

- Copy of proof of your immigration or residence legal status when you were residing in the United States on a student permit. (Feel free to scan the document and to attach it to your reply to this e-mail.)

Should I be excited? How long would you say would the rest of the process take? I am just happy an interview is not likely.

Any help would be much appreciated.

AloneKitchener
Yup. Once they have evidence of your legal status in the US you are done.