Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
Saneth said:
Well . . . I'm at Port Huron and landing tomorrow! It's been a long five days driving across the US and hauling my goods. Just hope everything goes smoothly. Wish me luck!
That's exciting!! I can't wait til it's our turn! Let us know how you make out landing/ goods to follow!!

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Saneth said:
Well . . . I'm at Port Huron and landing tomorrow! It's been a long five days driving across the US and hauling my goods. Just hope everything goes smoothly. Wish me luck!
Good luck to you!!!

notsopatient

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/10/2013
AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
Saneth said:
Best of luck, let us know how it goes :)

squeeish

May 17, 2014
First time poster, long time lurker (since this process began!)

My husband and I were married June 1, 2013. CPP-Ottawa received our application on September 24, 2013 (took 3 months to get the marriage certificate) He's been in school in Toronto while I've been working in Virginia--We've only gotten to spend about 6 weeks together since September and it's been agonizing.

I did a stupid thing and waited to have the medical done (on the doctor's office's advice and the advice of an immigration lawyer) until they notified me. They sent me the PPR and form to do the medical on 3-26-14. Was very relieved, stressed to no end that the app would be refused because of the medical. Medical was done on April 14.

Logged into e-cas this morning to find decision made!!! They started processing my application on the 12th. Now to wait for my COPR. SO happy!

Best wishes to all those still waiting.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
squeeish said:
First time poster, long time lurker (since this process began!)

My husband and I were married June 1, 2013. CPP-Ottawa received our application on September 24, 2013 (took 3 months to get the marriage certificate) He's been in school in Toronto while I've been working in Virginia--We've only gotten to spend about 6 weeks together since September and it's been agonizing.

I did a stupid thing and waited to have the medical done (on the doctor's office's advice and the advice of an immigration lawyer) until they notified me. They sent me the PPR and form to do the medical on 3-26-14. Was very relieved, stressed to no end that the app would be refused because of the medical. Medical was done on April 14.

Logged into e-cas this morning to find decision made!!! They started processing my application on the 12th. Now to wait for my COPR. SO happy!

Best wishes to all those still waiting.

Congrats! I'm glad the waiting is finally over for you :D I'm in the same boat, but I'm in Toronto and my husband is in Arkansas. We applied late January and aren't going to see each other until September :( Hopefully we'll have his COPR by then, but either way he's coming up September 1st. The waiting game is so, so hard. Some days I don't think I can do it anymore.

squeeish

May 17, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Congrats! I'm glad the waiting is finally over for you :D I'm in the same boat, but I'm in Toronto and my husband is in Arkansas. We applied late January and aren't going to see each other until September :( Hopefully we'll have his COPR by then, but either way he's coming up September 1st. The waiting game is so, so hard. Some days I don't think I can do it anymore.
There were definitely days I didn't think I could go on without him. Last weekend work stress and being separated two months got the better of me and I asked him to visit (school is done but he has a couple of appointments he's waiting on) for just a couple days. It didn't take much convincing! We had a wonderful weekend and hopefully next week he can come down and stay until I move up. We want to spend our anniversary together!

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
OK! So I landed yesterday. We spent Thursday night in a hotel in Port Huron, got up early Friday morning, and headed to the border. We hit a snag getting my Certificate of Title for my SUV stamped, and I'll tell you about it in case anyone else crosses at Port Huron.

The brown building you have to go into to get the title stamped has no obvious entry. We drove around until we found a parking lot next to the building, I went through a door that led to a tunnel going under the road, up the elevator, and into a room. The border guys just looked at me and said "What are you here for?" I told them I needed my title stamped, and they asked where I parked. I described the parking lot, and they told me I had to leave the parking lot, go around the corner to the road to the border crossing, park (they said "lots of parking there!") and come in the building from that direction.

So I go out, hubby and I drive around to the border crossing like they said, there is NO parking ("Authorized Vehicles Only"), so we end up parking right on the side of the border crossing road. I went back over to the building, and up some stairs, opened the door, and ended up in the EXACT same room. Now, since I had entered the SAME ROOM via a DIFFERENT door, they motioned me over to the desk and stamped my title. Go figure.

After the fussiness of the US customs guys about which door I entered the building from, the Canadian side was a breeze. We crossed the border, pulled over to a building, and went in, where there was NO line and a hunky young immigration officer made cracks about being able to help us as soon as he got his behemoth computer to start up. He was a cheerful young guy and enthusiastically reviewed all the paperwork, explaining what to do with my Form 1, barely glanced at my B4 and B4a, was not even interested in looking at the Health Certificates I brought for my two pets ("I'm sure they're perfectly healthy! I don't want to see those forms!"). We signed and stamped everything, and were on our way!

It was about a three hour drive to Toronto, where I'm now hanging out in my husband's apartment near The Annex, and we're walking to Tim Hortons, to dinner, everywhere!

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Saneth said:
OK! So I landed yesterday. We spent Thursday night in a hotel in Port Huron, got up early Friday morning, and headed to the border. We hit a snag getting my Certificate of Title for my SUV stamped, and I'll tell you about it in case anyone else crosses at Port Huron.

The brown building you have to go into to get the title stamped has no obvious entry. We drove around until we found a parking lot next to the building, I went through a door that led to a tunnel going under the road, up the elevator, and into a room. The border guys just looked at me and said "What are you here for?" I told them I needed my title stamped, and they asked where I parked. I described the parking lot, and they told me I had to leave the parking lot, go around the corner to the road to the border crossing, park (they said "lots of parking there!") and come in the building from that direction.

So I go out, hubby and I drive around to the border crossing like they said, there is NO parking ("Authorized Vehicles Only"), so we end up parking right on the side of the border crossing road. I went back over to the building, and up some stairs, opened the door, and ended up in the EXACT same room. Now, since I had entered the SAME ROOM via a DIFFERENT door, they motioned me over to the desk and stamped my title. Go figure.

After the fussiness of the US customs guys about which door I entered the building from, the Canadian side was a breeze. We crossed the border, pulled over to a building, and went in, where there was NO line and a hunky young immigration officer made cracks about being able to help us as soon as he got his behemoth computer to start up. He was a cheerful young guy and enthusiastically reviewed all the paperwork, explaining what to do with my Form 1, barely glanced at my B4 and B4a, was not even interested in looking at the Health Certificates I brought for my two pets ("I'm sure they're perfectly healthy! I don't want to see those forms!"). We signed and stamped everything, and were on our way!

It was about a three hour drive to Toronto, where I'm now hanging out in my husband's apartment near The Annex, and we're walking to Tim Hortons, to dinner, everywhere!
Congratulations...!!!

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Saneth said:

That's wonderful! Congrats!! :)

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Any updates recently?

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
I went on my daily routine of checking e-cas yesterday, and guess what? I saw the two words: DECISION MADE! Wow (I had to log back in to make sure its real :D) I am so happy and relieved...To all those waiting, hang there, you will eventually get approved and all frustration will go away.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
saintsim1 said:
I went on my daily routine of checking e-cas yesterday, and guess what? I saw the two words: DECISION MADE! Wow (I had to log back in to make sure its real :D) I am so happy and relieved...To all those waiting, hang there, you will eventually get approved and all frustration will go away.
Awesome! Congrats :) you should get your COPR very soon!

beeelythe

Star Member
Oct 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
Hi all!

I'm excited to be joining this thread! We sent my common-law partner's application for PR in yesterday. It arrived at 10:30am today, so the count-down has only just begun for us, but I'm so excited. He's from Chicago but he lives in Vancouver with me and is in Canada with a NAFTA work permit. It took us months to get our application absolutely perfect and to compile the evidence, double-check, cross-check and organize everything.

I'm so relieved to be done and I love hearing about everyone moving forward through the process!

Good luck, everyone!

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Zarilenth said:
Awesome! Congrats :) you should get your COPR very soon!
Hopefully. I gave e-cas a rest, now onto mailbox checking! :D