+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
We sent a Canada Post pre-paid envelope, but they still mailed it to us by Regular mail.

They sent it by regular mail on Feb 28th, and we received the passport on Mar 12th, so 8-9 business days. You should hopefully receive by March 20th.

perfusionist said:
Hi guys

I applied through FSWP 2013 program and got my passport request on Feb 28th. I sent my passport with a UPS return envelope my bad, didnt realize they will not use UPS return envelope). They sent me a reply saying the docs and passport was sent by regular mail on March 6th. Its March 16th and I havent received my passport yet. Any idea how long it takes for Canada post to deliver regular post to NYC? Is there a chance this could be stuck in customs? Please advise.

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
We sent a Canada Post pre-paid envelope, but they still mailed it to us by Regular mail.

They sent it by regular mail on Feb 28th, and we received the passport on Mar 12th, so 8-9 business days. You should hopefully receive by March 20th.
Not sure how relevant it is, but we regularly send mail back and forth between Ottawa and South Florida. It invariably takes 2+ weeks to get there by regular post. Not entirely sure why it has to take so long, but I guess for $1.10 it's not so bad.

perfusionist

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
I just got my passport back. Thanks everyone for your advice.
They posted the passport on 6th March and I received it today - 17th March.
11 days total.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Hello everyone,

Just few quick questions as this process has been really making me crazy.
My file was originally in CPP Ottawa then transferred to Beirut. Now it is been a year since sposnorship approval. I was wondering if the majority of ecas has been changing for you to "in process" before the passport request. Whether thats a good sign maybe even meaning no interview required?
I know it differs from Visa office to another but I was wondering what the majority of you guys had experienced.

My ecas went to "in process" one month ago and things have been moving in Beirut so I am really hoping good news soon but you never know...

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Canadian_Leb said:
Hello everyone,

Just few quick questions as this process has been really making me crazy.
My file was originally in CPP Ottawa then transferred to Beirut. Now it is been a year since sposnorship approval. I was wondering if the majority of ecas has been changing for you to "in process" before the passport request. Whether thats a good sign maybe even meaning no interview required?
I know it differs from Visa office to another but I was wondering what the majority of you guys had experienced.

My ecas went to "in process" one month ago and things have been moving in Beirut so I am really hoping good news soon but you never know...
Hi,

Do you know why your application was transferred to Beirut?

I applied about the same time as you to the Ottawa office. Not much progress here.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
dozel said:
Hi,

Do you know why your application was transferred to Beirut?

I applied about the same time as you to the Ottawa office. Not much progress here.
Not only me a whole bunch o applications were transferred to Beirut just when the strike was over. My husband is Lebanese and lives in Lebanon

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Canadian_Leb said:
Not only me a whole bunch o applications were transferred to Beirut just when the strike was over. My husband is Lebanese and lives in Lebanon
Oh, I see. I think the current processing time at Beirut is 21 or 22 months. Hopefully, you don't need to wait for another year. Finger crossed.

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,

My husband is planning to land soon. He will be arriving by air to Pearson.

Is it recommended to bring expensive items such as jewelry, laptops etc during his first entry? Or should he just bring a list of items?

Please advise.

Thanks

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
Just logged in today and got this!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 12, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
OKLandman said:
Just logged in today and got this!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 12, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Congrats!! What a wonderful surprise

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Hi all!

So happy to see so many families finally being able to be together! YIPPEE!!

I saw a few posts (more like 10 pages worth, yes I read it all, yes I'm bored!) and I wanted to let y'all know, to get OHIP, you go to Service ONTARIO now. Service Canada for SIN and Service Ontario for OHIP. I've been talking to several people who live around me and are from the USA and they all (including my husband who landed last year) went to Service Canada thinking it was all done there, but only to be told by them that only the SIN part can be done there.

My husband and I have gone through immigration, imported a car (and then crashing the car, oops), getting OHIP, Driver's License, and setting him up for work and such, so if you need anything feel free to PM me. I'm not on as often but when I get a PM I make a point to come on :)

Yay Canada and USA Love!

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
CONGRATULATIONS OKLANDMAN!

Hi all,

Just a little update here from my case (May 2013 applicant). I finally got in touch with someone from the MPs office after 2 weeks of phone tag. The conversation was not what I expected it to be. I was yelled at and told that I ruined/delayed my processing time because I ordered GCSM notes back in January. The person told me I had to contact the MPs office first before ordering notes. The person also told me that US cases are NOT processed in Ottawa, rather they are sent off to US Visa Offices (LA, New York) after initially being received in Ottawa. They also said that the processing time for US outland cases is 26 months and that I cannot be helped until I am past that waiting period. Needless to say, after having this conversation, my hope has diminished. :'(

Can anyone shed light on this situation?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
cangrlusboy said:
CONGRATULATIONS OKLANDMAN!

Hi all,

Just a little update here from my case (May 2013 applicant). I finally got in touch with someone from the MPs office after 2 weeks of phone tag. The conversation was not what I expected it to be. I was yelled at and told that I ruined/delayed my processing time because I ordered GCSM notes back in January. The person told me I had to contact the MPs office first before ordering notes. The person also told me that US cases are NOT processed in Ottawa, rather they are sent off to US Visa Offices (LA, New York) after initially being received in Ottawa. They also said that the processing time for US outland cases is 26 months and that I cannot be helped until I am past that waiting period. Needless to say, after having this conversation, my hope has diminished. :'(

Yes. Here's the gist: The person you talked to is an idiot :)

GCSM notes do not delay your case unless you requested the paper one. If you requested the e-version of it, you're fine. US cases ARE processed in Ottawa, again the person you talked to is an idiot. Processing times is 15 months.

I would serious consider filing a complaint against this person. S/he/it was VERY unprofessional and VERY rude!!!

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
cangrlusboy said:
Hi all,

Hi there, my app was sent in 3 months after yours. So, I can't be too much help. But, I personally am fed up with how we get treated. If I were you, I'd considered filing a complaint! How? I have no idea, but I'd try! Good luck!