March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Shohga said:
Yay! I got PPR yesterday and they say they do not require an interview. Things are moving along in Ottawa.

To give you some idea of our dates:

App. Filed.......: 26-08-2013
AOR Received.: 16-09-2013
Meds done: 20-08-2013
Interview........: Waived
Passport Req..: 13-03-2014

Hope everyone else gets some news soon! :) :)
God speed! Congratulations!

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hello washingtongirl,

Congrats !!

by the way, just a quick question related to your online status change.

Did your online status got updated to "Decision Made" just today or you haven't checked your online status for last 4-5 days and it could even have got updated long back and you are not sure of the exact day/ date it got updated ??

Please advise.

bye !

washingtongirl said:
Logged in to ECAS today and it says Decision Made! YAY! Super excited!

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
Hello everyone - great to hear that there has been a lot of movement in Ottawa! ;D

My partner is a May 2013 applicant still waiting for PPR. ECAS says "application received" and "medical results received".

Are there any other May 2013 applicants out there still waiting for PPR and/or COPR?

I am curious as to why Ottawa isn't moving ahead with our case as it is straight forward (we provided a large amount of supporting documentation).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
cangrlusboy said:
Hello everyone - great to hear that there has been a lot of movement in Ottawa! ;D

My partner is a May 2013 applicant still waiting for PPR. ECAS says "application received" and "medical results received".

Are there any other May 2013 applicants out there still waiting for PPR and/or COPR?

I am curious as to why Ottawa isn't moving ahead with our case as it is straight forward (we provided a large amount of supporting documentation).

I'm in the same situation. I'm a almost May applicant, application was filed on June 3rd 2013. I have exactly the same two updates you have. I got the "medical results have been received" update in late December. How about you?

washingtongirl

Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 11, 2013
AOR Received.
May 17, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 26, 2013
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hello washingtongirl,

Congrats !!

by the way, just a quick question related to your online status change.

Did your online status got updated to "Decision Made" just today or you haven't checked your online status for last 4-5 days and it could even have got updated long back and you are not sure of the exact day/ date it got updated ??

Please advise.

bye !
Thank you everyone! It definitely is exciting, I was starting to wonder if the status would ever change! I check everyday and multiple times a day, so Decision Made definitely happened on March13, 2014!

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
Can someone please advise on the process of things you need to do after receiving CoPR to land in Ontario.
My husband is flying to Toronto. He will be here for a few days and then return to US. We will officially move in a few weeks after wrapping up apartment, job etc. We will be moving our car later as well.

During his first visit, We want to get SIN, bank account etc set up. I know he is not eligible for OHIP for 3 months. Does he need to go the OHIP office now, or in 3 months?

Please advise. Thanks.

squishypenguin said:
Can anyone walk me through the process of things you need to do after receiving CoPR to land in Ontario?

So far I have gathered that you fill out a B4 and another form for goods to follow and then bring all your ID and letters to land.
Then you go to Service Canada (?) to apply for SIN and OHIP. To apply for this what do you need? I read
Proof of citizenship or OHIP eligible status
Proof that you live in Ontario
Personal identification

So PR stuff as proof of citizenship, and proof you live in Ontario (what would this be? mail? no health card or drivers license yet), personal ID (US drivers license ok?)

So once you apply for OHIP, the 3 month waiting period before it kicks in...can you go back to the US for a couple weeks to clean up some things like moving/job stuff?
Can you import the car later?
How do you get car insurance and drivers license?

So many questions and when I list it all out it sounds so daunting...

Thanks a lot!!

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
Can someone please advise on the process of things you need to do after receiving CoPR to land in Ontario.
My husband is flying to Toronto. He will be here for a few days and then return to US. We will officially move in a few weeks after wrapping up apartment, job etc. We will be moving our car later as well.

During his first visit, We want to get SIN, bank account etc set up. I know he is not eligible for OHIP for 3 months. Does he need to go the OHIP office now, or in 3 months?

Please advise. Thanks.
He would go after landing, and he gets put on a 3 month wait list.

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
dozel said:
I'm in the same situation. I'm a almost May applicant, application was filed on June 3rd 2013. I have exactly the same two updates you have. I got the "medical results have been received" update in late December. How about you?
I can't remember the date ECAS changed to "medical results received" ... I think September or October. Did you include copies of your passport pages in your application?

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
cangrlusboy said:
I can't remember the date ECAS changed to "medical results received" ... I think September or October. Did you include copies of your passport pages in your application?
Yes, I think I did include copies of my passport in my application, but only the information page.

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
cangrlusboy said:

Hi ,
I am also a May applicant and my ecas shows the same two updates as yours too. and it was last updated on october . we are about to complete 12 months of waiting on the first of upcoming May.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
WOW!!!!!! Lots of great updates. I have gone back over the past week and added everyone that I saw, I hope I didn't miss any updates. Thanks to all who sent Private Messages, it makes it easier to update. I hope lots more people see movement this month. :)

perfusionist

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Hi guys

I applied through FSWP 2013 program and got my passport request on Feb 28th. I sent my passport with a UPS return envelope my bad, didnt realize they will not use UPS return envelope). They sent me a reply saying the docs and passport was sent by regular mail on March 6th. Its March 16th and I havent received my passport yet. Any idea how long it takes for Canada post to deliver regular post to NYC? Is there a chance this could be stuck in customs? Please advise.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
perfusionist said:
Hi guys

I applied through FSWP 2013 program and got my passport request on Feb 28th. I sent my passport with a UPS return envelope my bad, didnt realize they will not use UPS return envelope). They sent me a reply saying the docs and passport was sent by regular mail on March 6th. Its March 16th and I havent received my passport yet. Any idea how long it takes for Canada post to deliver regular post to NYC? Is there a chance this could be stuck in customs? Please advise.
I regularly get mail the other direction and find the time is anywhere from 1-3 weeks.

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
WHAT WOULD YOU ADVISE ME TO DO?

My wife applied to sponsor me,our application dated 28th March 2013,we got a reply AOR from VO in Kiev that our file was received 6th of July and that the average processing time is 9 months.We later got another mail in December 30th to re-fill some information about me since 18 years and where I live up to date.After submitting the form,my E-cas changed to IN-PROCESS dated 30th Dec,2013.
My wife was so worried that the process is getting late due to the fact that she is pregnant and we already submitted a medical report that she is pregnant.Recently,I wrote them after several messages that my wife has been writing without reply,in my mail to them I attached some other evidences that were not included initially in the application but happened after the submission of our application like the photos of our honey moon,photos we took in August when she visited,the ticket of her last visit,the hotel receipts of our honey moon,money transfer from both sides,another letter from the doctor,letters of attestation from friends and family and lots more.
I have been pondering over this situation because my wife will put to bed very soon! I do know what to do and hope what I did wont affect us (sending documents without request)? Can I apply for visiting visa and what is the possibility because she wants me to be with her during delivery??I need your advice please!!!!!!!!!