06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
joeinkocha said:
My wife (americaninlove) just got COPR in the mail today, March 6th! Also, "Decision Made" finally showed up on Feb. 26th on E-CAS. It had been "In Process" so long I had to double check to make sure I wasn't looking at sponsorship! Could you please update the spreadsheet?

We are so excited and lucky. Thankfully this process has been swift as we only had to wait for a little over 7 months. Wishing you all an easy and speedy process to PR. We are planning a trip to the border now to get her landed!
That's fantastic! Congrats! :)

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
Logged into ecas this morning and my husband's status turned overnight from Application Received to Decision Made. Yay!!! ;D :D Guess we skipped the In Process stage altogether. Does this mean we should look out for the COPR in the mail any day now?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
I've got a question - if CPP-O doesn't sent out AORs, which it looks like it does not, how will my husband (the applicant) know what his UCI# is? Does he just use mine and my info to check ECAS for updates?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No, he should use the file number (starts with F) and his own info to check ecas.

Zarilenth said:
I've got a question - if CPP-O doesn't sent out AORs, which it looks like it does not, how will my husband (the applicant) know what his UCI# is? Does he just use mine and my info to check ECAS for updates?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
SenoritaBella said:
No, he should use the file number (starts with F) and his own info to check ecas.
Oh, thanks! I was confused as to how that works.

joeinkocha

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Congrats sangela!

My wife and I drove to the Peace Bridge today. We drove through to the US side to get some gas since it's much cheaper, then came back. 10 minutes later she was a permanent resident! This process wrapped up so quickly all of a sudden! We actually had her mom ship the COPR overnight from her address in the USA where the COPR was sent to, to our place here; it cost $120!!! So worth it though, glad we can start that 3 month countdown on the OHIP timer too.

Hang in there everyone, and if anyone needs help or has any questions on the USA to Canada outland process please send me a message and I'll do my best to help. God bless you all!

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
Thanks joeinkocha! When you guys landed, did you apply for her SIN at the border as well? This sponsorship has been one truly exhausting waiting process! We're so close to the finishing line that I can taste it!

joeinkocha said:
Congrats sangela!

My wife and I drove to the Peace Bridge today. We drove through to the US side to get some gas since it's much cheaper, then came back. 10 minutes later she was a permanent resident! This process wrapped up so quickly all of a sudden! We actually had her mom ship the COPR overnight from her address in the USA where the COPR was sent to, to our place here; it cost $120!!! So worth it though, glad we can start that 3 month countdown on the OHIP timer too.

Hang in there everyone, and if anyone needs help or has any questions on the USA to Canada outland process please send me a message and I'll do my best to help. God bless you all!

joeinkocha

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
We didn't apply at the border as I don't believe you can do that. We didn't have time to go to a Service Canada Centre to get her sin yet but we'll probably do that Monday, as well as apply for OHIP.

squishypenguin

Dec 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-06-2014
Can anyone walk me through the process of things you need to do after receiving CoPR to land in Ontario?

So far I have gathered that you fill out a B4 and another form for goods to follow and then bring all your ID and letters to land.
Then you go to Service Canada (?) to apply for SIN and OHIP. To apply for this what do you need? I read
Proof of citizenship or OHIP eligible status
Proof that you live in Ontario
Personal identification

So PR stuff as proof of citizenship, and proof you live in Ontario (what would this be? mail? no health card or drivers license yet), personal ID (US drivers license ok?)

So once you apply for OHIP, the 3 month waiting period before it kicks in...can you go back to the US for a couple weeks to clean up some things like moving/job stuff?
Can you import the car later?
How do you get car insurance and drivers license?

So many questions and when I list it all out it sounds so daunting...

Thanks a lot!!

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
squishypenguin said:
Can anyone walk me through the process of things you need to do after receiving CoPR to land in Ontario?

So far I have gathered that you fill out a B4 and another form for goods to follow and then bring all your ID and letters to land.
Then you go to Service Canada (?) to apply for SIN and OHIP. To apply for this what do you need? I read
Proof of citizenship or OHIP eligible status
Proof that you live in Ontario
Personal identification

So PR stuff as proof of citizenship, and proof you live in Ontario (what would this be? mail? no health card or drivers license yet), personal ID (US drivers license ok?)

So once you apply for OHIP, the 3 month waiting period before it kicks in...can you go back to the US for a couple weeks to clean up some things like moving/job stuff?
Can you import the car later?
How do you get car insurance and drivers license?

So many questions and when I list it all out it sounds so daunting...

Thanks a lot!!
I'm actually not sure if a driver's license by itself is okay. I think you may want to bring your passport. I know for driver's licenses, they would need a combination of your old drivers license and a birth certificate or passport.

For residence, you will need something with an ontario address on it (bill, drivers license, etc).

For drivers license, you can find the information here:
http://drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Exchanging-a-Reciprocal-Licence.aspx

You can import your car later, but it needs to be on a B4A form listed as goods to follow. The full process can be found here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bringing-your-car-into-canada-for-landing-t73751.0.html

It's not the simplest thing, because you will need to get the car modified if it doesn't have daytime running lights and you have to follow a strict export/import process. I moved to a city with public transit and ended up deciding it wasn't even worth it to bring the car because of the high cost to insure.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Hey CPP-Ottawa thread!

I noticed that the spreadsheet doesn't seem to get updated all that much (people are busy, I know!) so I copy and pasted the more recent submissions into a new spreadsheet, accessible in my signature or here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq6VF-LGjkR9dGNpLUxQZ1Z0Mm80aE5ZWDBvWklEQUE#gid=0

If you want access to update it or want to add yourself to it just let me know and I'll add you in :D
I thought it would be nice to have one to reference for myself and any new applicants to see how the process is moving. I'll update it and I assume the official one will get updated as well so I'll just watch this thread and keep it up to date.
Just trying to be helpful :)

Zarilenth

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Zarilenth said:
Hey CPP-Ottawa thread!

I noticed that the spreadsheet doesn't seem to get updated all that much (people are busy, I know!) so I copy and pasted the more recent submissions into a new spreadsheet, accessible in my signature or here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq6VF-LGjkR9dGNpLUxQZ1Z0Mm80aE5ZWDBvWklEQUE#gid=0

If you want access to update it or want to add yourself to it just let me know and I'll add you in :D
I thought it would be nice to have one to reference for myself and any new applicants to see how the process is moving. I'll update it and I assume the official one will get updated as well so I'll just watch this thread and keep it up to date.
Just trying to be helpful :)

Zarilenth
Thanks for the effort Zarilenth, I agree I am guilty of only updating once a week, mainly because I have recently landed myself. That and a 4 day stay in the hospital where I couldn't get any computer access. :( Anyway, I have updated as of this morning, everyone is added and I have tried to "catch" everyone who has received COPR and/or landed and made it official on the spreadsheet.

It appears that CPP-O is very busy lately, that is great news for everyone still waiting. I hope everyone has a very speedy process and will be able to finally get on with their lives in Canada!!

Any updates please drop me a private message and I will be able to add you much faster!! :)

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Buffy2323 said:
Thanks for the effort Zarilenth, I agree I am guilty of only updating once a week, mainly because I have recently landed myself. That and a 4 day stay in the hospital where I couldn't get any computer access. :( Anyway, I have updated as of this morning, everyone is added and I have tried to "catch" everyone who has received COPR and/or landed and made it official on the spreadsheet.

It appears that CPP-O is very busy lately, that is great news for everyone still waiting. I hope everyone has a very speedy process and will be able to finally get on with their lives in Canada!!

Any updates please drop me a private message and I will be able to add you much faster!! :)
Thanks Buffy! Congrats on landing!! I can't wait to have this whole process over with and get on with my life with my husband :)

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
Hey guys.
Our file was initially in CPP-O then got tranferred back to Beirut VO.
Beirut VO request an updated police certificate on Jan 24 2014.
Beirut VO sent passport request (which is the last stage in Beirut) on March 10.

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
joeinkocha said:
Congrats sangela!

Hello Joeinkocha,

Which office issued your COPR. You said you drive to the bridge so I guess you were on a TRV or visitor before landing?