+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
Thanks for the response ;) Yeah.. here's hoping. I am a month behind you. My file should be straightforward too. We have been married 7 yrs. Im living with her in Canada on a Visitors Permit. My app was received in Jun. I did my medicals in March. My status still only says application received so hopefully they for those too.

Cbshk48

May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-28-2013
AOR Received.
6-17-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014
Hi All!

Some surprisingly good news to report...I received PPR today!! They also requested a copy of our marriage certificate so I will be sending them in together on Monday. No change in ECAS yet, but keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the process moves quickly and smoothly!

To whomever is updating the spreadsheet- could you please update me? :)

Did anyone else get any updates recently? Hopefully Ottawa will start to pick up the pace now that the holidays are over.

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
Cbshk48 said:
Hi All!

Some surprisingly good news to report...I received PPR today!! They also requested a copy of our marriage certificate so I will be sending them in together on Monday. No change in ECAS yet, but keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the process moves quickly and smoothly!

Did anyone else get any updates recently? Hopefully Ottawa will start to pick up the pace now that the holidays are over.
Congrats. I'm a month behind so here is hoping is I get new soon. I too think now that it is after the holidays things will start picking up. Im glad I included a copy of marriage certificate in my application. I did my Meds in March and sent the app in June. Hoping they are done by March so they don't expire.

nortena

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2013
AOR Received.
25-07-13
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
22-03-2014
Cbshk48 said:
Hi All!

Congrats..!!! more good news...at least now we know that they are working out there in Ottawa :D

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
clearly said:
Hoping we get everything through to visit family in April for passover. :(
I hope so with you clearly

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
You've reached the last stage Cbshk48, hope it goes quickly for you as well as I...I thought I'd be landed by now...

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
I'm happy to report that my ECAS status just changed to "Decision Made"! (With the added note: "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.")

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive that contact? And is it usually a paper letter or an email?

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
MEDICALS NOT RECEIVED

So I thought I'd share my experience on this forum. My husband's status on ecas has been sitting in the 'Application Rec'd' status since August 2013 now. No where does it say that Medicals have been received. So I decided to send an email to CPP-O this past Dec only to find out that they haven't received it yet. We went back and forth a few times. I provided them with the UMI # given to us by the panel physician and CPP-O said they would follow up with their Medical Branch in Ottawa. Finally, after another week of waiting, they come back and say that their Medical Branch has now located and linked his Medicals to his application! Phew! The point i'm trying to make is that if you have ANY doubt why your applicant's status hasn't shown 'Medicals Received' yet, I wouldn't wait too long to inquire. His doc visit was back in May 2013 and we didn't get around to actually submitting the entire application to CPP-M until Aug (b/c of the FBI check which took forever). Maybe that's why they were having trouble linking it. Who knows!

Btw, the ecas status has yet to be updated.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
timelady said:
I'm happy to report that my ECAS status just changed to "Decision Made"! (With the added note: "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.")

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive that contact? And is it usually a paper letter or an email?
This means the COPR was generated. Odds are, it's already in the mail back to you. Because this is an official document on legal size paper, it is mailed to you. There will be two copies: a CIC copy and a copy for you.

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
computergeek said:
This means the COPR was generated. Odds are, it's already in the mail back to you. Because this is an official document on legal size paper, it is mailed to you. There will be two copies: a CIC copy and a copy for you.
Thank you so much for the info! You've made my day! :D

Cbshk48

May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-28-2013
AOR Received.
6-17-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014
Thanks all!! :)

and congrats, timelady!! Hopefully you do get it and can finally land soon!

Cbshk48

May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-28-2013
AOR Received.
6-17-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014
NicAnn said:
You've reached the last stage Cbshk48, hope it goes quickly for you as well as I...I thought I'd be landed by now...
Thanks for the positive thoughts, hoping you get your COPR soon! You got PPR around the same time as timelady so hopefully you will see DM soon as well.

In the meantime, I am trying to research everything that will happen next....importing my car, making a list of belongings and goods to follow, getting health care, looking for jobs. A lot of tedious steps in this whole process but its all worth it!

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Hey guys happy new year! I've completed the interview and now it's just waiting for PPR. Does anyone know how long it takes to get PPR after an interview in the Ottawa or LA office?

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
computergeek said:

Hello Computergeek, timelady & Cbshk48,
I’ve been reading your discussion and since it seems you’re all experienced, knowledgeable and have/had situations similar to mine, I’d like to solicit your thoughts. My timeline is as follows:
Me: US/Husband: Canadian – applied out of country and case processed via CPP-O

Per CIC website:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 15, 2013.
We started processing your application on November 5, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Here’s the thing – I did my medical in late January 2013 (thinking our app would be filed sooner than it actually was). So my medical will expire in about 2 weeks. According to experiences shared on this site, I gather that I should receive a COPR in the mail within a 7-14 day timeframe. What I need help with is a more a more detailed understanding of the timeframe in the context of my impending medical expiry. Also with landing – after reading timelady’s comments, I’m wondering how long before I’ll have to land. I live and work in WA State and my husband and I both travel between here and BC (his home) to visit. He was here in the states for a few years however in 2012 after several years of talking about it, we decided we wanted to move to Canada. We’ve been married for almost 10 years, have no children and I have no intention of immigrating my elderly and very happy US parents. Lastly, as I’m sure you can all relate, there are SO many things to arrange. I have a career here and will need to deal with that whole situation and seek employment in Canada, we have a mortgage here and just the whole business. I’m thrilled at the prospect of moving and making this life change, but a bit frazzled contemplating the other stuff. Once I’ve landed can I return to the US to finalize everything?
Can any of you help with my questions? Thank you in advance!