20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
jesmithers said:
Recieved DM on my husband's application! I am very lucky and do not want to take away from anyone else who is still waiting but this is what I checked on (on a whim) while I was out last night:

Permanent Residence
We received ML's application for permanent residence on April 14, 2015.
We started processing ML's application on June 24, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on ML's application. The office will contact ML concerning this decision.
I'm a bit confused - are you sure that it isn't just DM for Stage 1? I believe that they give you a DM for both portions - certainly you don't mean that your entire application has been finished and approved and he's moving already?! I mean...if that's true, WOW! That'd give many others a lot of hope, haha.

We received AOR on the 23rd so are expecting for them to do Stage 1 approval in the next week or two, but this seems to be the norm for most US-Canada applicants right now.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
fruitball4u said:
I'm a bit confused - are you sure that it isn't just DM for Stage 1? I believe that they give you a DM for both portions - certainly you don't mean that your entire application has been finished and approved and he's moving already?! I mean...if that's true, WOW! That'd give many others a lot of hope, haha.
As listed, that would be DM for both stages. ECAS separates the sponsor approval and permanent residence applications into separate boxes, and fruit's DM is clearly under "application for permanent residence."

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
fruitball4u said:

We received AOR on the 23rd so are expecting for them to do Stage 1 approval in the next week or two, but this seems to be the norm for most US-Canada applicants right now.
I'm very shocked as well. I was not expecting an answer so soon but it is in the right box which is my husband's part. I'm very very excited.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
OntarioBound said:
Thank you for your post.

You are probably quite right that most likely I should just consider paying out of pocket for Canada care and get a travel insurance in case of some catastrophic medical events (I have been paying a little over $500/month for health insurance since I quit my job in California and moved to Niagara Falls, NY to be closer to my husband) - but I heard that the travel insurance only covers emergencies? I don't have any serious diseases (I have high BP which is under control by medication and I am hyperthyroid which is also under control by medication) but I also heard travel insurances do not cover pre-existing conditions, so those are the 2 reasons I thought I'd keep my Cobra for 3 more months, just in case I need some care that end up costing over and beyond the cost of my current insurance due to my pre-existing conditions... (Like what would happen if I had a heart attack and I only had a travel insurance that covers non pre-existing conditions? They may say they won't pay because I am on high BP meds?) My Cobra insurance covers me in Canada and US for any conditions, pre-existing or not.
Ottawa loves to do this. They did the same thing in 2013-2014 . They left 2013 applicants waiting and started approving Jan - April 2014 applicants. Then they slowed down.. now they left 2014 applicants waiting and they are approving Jan - April 2015 applicants.

There are so many Aug - Dec applicants waiting it is heart breaking.

I have DM now but I sure did fight for it. I waited 9+ months myself. I am not trying to take away from anyone who didn't have to wait that long but when you apply in April and get DM in June... well, that is just a bit unfair for everyone else waiting.

Its not the applicants' fault .. of course not.. but Ottawa sure is fudging with people's lives.

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
Mariac819 said:
Ottawa loves to do this. They did the same thing in 2013-2014 . They left 2013 applicants waiting and started approving Jan - April 2014 applicants. Then they slowed down.. now they left 2014 applicants waiting and they are approving Jan - April 2015 applicants.

I have DM now but I sure did fight for it. I waited 9+ months myself. I am not trying to take away from anyone who didn't have to wait that long but when you apply in April and get DM in June... well, that is just a bit unfair for everyone else waiting.

Its not the applicants' fault .. of course not.. but Ottawa sure is fudging with people's lives.
I'm unsure if this post is directed at me but I'm going to reply anyway. >_<

CPC-Ottawa is a bit of a mess. Why they decided to take a look at my application before others baffles me, and I'm worried that it was some fluke error on their part. 2 months is such a short amount of time to be approved and I intend on ordering my notes to see exactly what went on. I'd really like to look into how this process works, I thought it was queues by when you applied, but I can clearly see this is not the case.

I don't want my DM to hurt any who are waiting, I was hesistant to really post anything because I know there are plenty of 2014 applicants waiting. But I was excited and I wish I could take some of my posts back. I want to be a little more humble in this case, because I've browsed the forums to see that there are people who have desperately had to fight for DM, like you Maria. I really hope this doesn't bring people to resent me in anyway.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
jesmithers said:
I'm unsure if this post is directed at me but I'm going to reply anyway. >_<

CPC-Ottawa is a bit of a mess. Why they decided to take a look at my application before others baffles me, and I'm worried that it was some fluke error on their part. 2 months is such a short amount of time to be approved and I intend on ordering my notes to see exactly what went on. I'd really like to look into how this process works, I thought it was queues by when you applied, but I can clearly see this is not the case.

I don't want my DM to hurt any who are waiting, I was hesistant to really post anything because I know there are plenty of 2014 applicants waiting. But I was excited and I wish I could take some of my posts back. I want to be a little more humble in this case, because I've browsed the forums to see that there are people who have desperately had to fight for DM, like you Maria. I really hope this doesn't bring people to resent me in anyway.
Yes I totally quoted the wrong post LOL... OPS!...

I know its not your fault... please do not think I am saying that at all. I think you are extremly humble and that is very evident in your posts!

BTW - the notes don't really say anything specific as to how it was processed or why it was processed faster than others. :( ... I ordered notes 5 times., waiting on set #6 now lol.... All mine say is what was received and when the application was touched / moved. Plus a summary of what the officers gathered from our application.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Mariac819 said:

Well, if they are repeating last year's pattern then it's not all bad news. According to the Ottawa spreadsheet, approvals were issued en masse from June through August of 2014, covering the vast majority of applicants who applied as of June of 2014. Applications which received a document request in July or August were sometimes delayed months, however, presumably because they were put back in the processing queue as CPC-Ottawa focused on other programs.

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
I'm sorry too if I've made anyone upset by posting about our journey. I have no idea how any of it works and I wish everyone could be approved just as quickly. It's not my intention to make anyone feel bad either. I'm always sending positive thoughts and prayers for everyone!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Morganhannah said:
I'm sorry too if I've made anyone upset by posting about our journey. I have no idea how any of it works and I wish everyone could be approved just as quickly. It's not my intention to make anyone feel bad either. I'm always sending positive thoughts and prayers for everyone!
$deity no. I'm happy for you. Although I'd selfishly prefer to be the beneficiary of the rapid processing time, good things happening to other people is indirectly good news for myself and everyone else still waiting for DM and COPR: it means that Ottawa's moving.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Majromax said:
Well, if they are repeating last year's pattern then it's not all bad news. According to the Ottawa spreadsheet, approvals were issued en masse from June through August of 2014, covering the vast majority of applicants who applied as of June of 2014. Applications which received a document request in July or August were sometimes delayed months, however, presumably because they were put back in the processing queue as CPC-Ottawa focused on other programs.
I don't know if I would say its good news but I do see where you are going with your comment.

It is just plain unfair for those who waited 9 months to just process someone in 2 months.

Of course it is not the fault of the applicant with the speedy DM. It is all Ottawa's fault.

But for those of us who waited and fought the stupid red tape it sure does feel like a stab in the back.

There are individuals with had a Doc Request in May and are still waiting. When I was waiting and I saw DMs going to March applicants it just broke my heart. I felt like I should have just saved myself the heartache and applied in 2015.

If I had to do this process all over again, I would apply January. Seems like the new year applicants just move faster through the system. Applying at the end of the year wasn't the best idea. Unless the app stayed in Mississauga, I saw Sept applicants get DM in 2 months when their app randomly stayed in Mississauga.

But at the end of the day no one really knows what is going on in that office. To be honest I am happy I am done because this process caused me way too much emotional distress, especially when they lost my documents and I had to replace them.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Mariac819 said:
I don't know if I would say its good news but I do see where you are going with your comment.
It's mostly that good fortune is not a limited resource, and the world is a better place if more of it goes around.

It is just plain unfair for those who waited 9 months to just process someone in 2 months.

Of course it is not the fault of the applicant with the speedy DM. It is all Ottawa's fault.
"Fault" is, I think, too strong of a word here. Ottawa has never promised that even routine applications will be processed in-order, and looking back on last year's summer crush we also saw a good amount of out-of-order processing.

I think that on the balance it's good news even for those still waiting for the same reasons as I stated in-thread a few weeks ago: it means that Ottawa is getting its sub-checks done. We know that the application is split between eligibility, health, security, and criminality parts, and internal delays in any one of those steps can back up the entire line.

The worst-case is that CPC-Ottawa has hired new workers (perhaps seasonally), and they're being preferentially assigned to fresh cases. In this case the news is neutral for still in-process cases such as mine, and there's no harm in celebrating the good fortune of others.

If I had to do this process all over again, I would apply January. Seems like the new year applicants just move faster through the system. Applying at the end of the year wasn't the best idea. Unless the app stayed in Mississauga, I saw Sept applicants get DM in 2 months when their app randomly stayed in Mississauga.
Even in retrospect, I don't think that would have been a good idea. Many of your issues were caused by CPC physically losing the bulk of your file. If you had applied later and the same thing had happened, then you still would have had a problem.

One of the seemingly more reliable indicators for last year's applications that missed summer processing was having a document request in July or August. A good portion of those applications seemed to "go back in the queue" and missed their chance for PR until December or even this year.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna--&gt;Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&amp;CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Mariac819 said:
I understand how you feel, since it took me 10 months to get my DM, and they made mistakes on my application, too. But you can't say it's unfair or Ottawa's fault. Then you would have to say that it is also unfair that some visa offices process applications in less than 6 months (Sao Paolo), while some have 20+ months (Singapore, London) processing times. And it is based on the country you come from. And it has nothing to do with development of the country or any other "relevant" thing.

CIC system is bad in general, nothing about it is fair. People working there don't care. Sorry, but that's the way it is. If you ever saw how the Immigration Minister defends CIC in general when MP's start asking questions about CIC work (like that case of the blind girl being refused immigration - recently in the news), you can understand how messed up it is.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
spaceexp said:
I understand how you feel, since it took me 10 months to get my DM, and they made mistakes on my application, too. But you can't say it's unfair or Ottawa's fault. Then you would have to say that it is also unfair that some visa offices process applications in less than 6 months (Sao Paolo), while some have 20+ months (Singapore, London) processing times. And it is based on the country you come from. And it has nothing to do with development of the country or any other "relevant" thing.

CIC system is bad in general, nothing about it is fair. People working there don't care. Sorry, but that's the way it is. If you ever saw how the Immigration Minister defends CIC in general when MP's start asking questions about CIC work (like that case of the blind girl being refused immigration - recently in the news), you can understand how messed up it is.
I do follow the news in Canada and I do understand how messed up it is. Yes I can say its unfair. The entire system is unfair to everyone. I only talked about Ottawa because this is the Ottawa thread. I also have no business talking about other Visa Offices when I didn't follow their process for 9 months I would be speaking out of line.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
I think I will now step out of this thread. I wish everyone waiting good news soon.

I can't sit here and watch people defend CPC-Ottawa. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Good luck.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna--&gt;Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&amp;CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Mariac819 said:
I think I will now step out of this thread. I wish everyone waiting good news soon.

I can't sit here and watch people defend CPC-Ottawa. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Good luck.
I think you misunderstood us all. We just wanted to point out that it's all unfair, to everyone. I feel very sorry for what has happened to you.