waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
iNick89 said:
Sponsorship decision is usually sent by e-mail, but the final decision is mailed to the applicant by snail mail! Worst.
We are preparing for it to take at least a week, and more likely 10 days, to receive the COPR by post. That would be consistent with our recent experience for mail sent from our new home in BC to our current home in the states. Even with good news on DM, CIC still requires an abundance of patience.

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
Hoping with all the DMs in June that I hear something soon. My app was received on July 4th. So happy for everyone who's gotten in process and DM lately.

oconnoec

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Medical
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
I spoke with someone from the province I originally applied to be sponsored by way back at the beginning of the year and he contacted his friend at Ottawa to check my application status since nothing has changed on my ecas-- just to give everyone a heads up for those who applied in August 2014, he informed me that a final decision on my (very straight forward, everything submitted upfront) application would not be processed for a few months, probably feb-march of 2015. I was expecting it to come sooner, as I look at trends from our Ottawa spreadsheet, but it sounds like things have slowed down significantly.

I'm not sure how this bodes for everyone who applied in August or if my application is just taking longer for some reason.

I applied August 2014, SA in September 2014 (only 37 days), and have not seen a change in my status online or been contacted since it was sent to Ottawa in September. So, I'm saying it is expected to take at least 5-6 months after SA to receive any decision from Ottawa according to the provincial connection to Ottawa I spoke with. Just wanted to let everyone know what is supposedly happening to my file- hopefully yours will be processed sooner if you applied around the time I did or earlier! Good luck to all and congrats to everyone receiving DM!

iNick89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
Hey everyone!

I am so happy to announce that my partner received his COPR today in the mail this afternoon!!

We got IN PROCESS on Nov 25, DM on Dec 1, and COPR just arrived today!

He will be landing in Canada this Saturday!

I am sending positive vibes and energy to all those that are still waiting!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
oconnoec said:
I spoke with someone from the province I originally applied to be sponsored by way back at the beginning of the year and he contacted his friend at Ottawa to check my application status since nothing has changed on my ecas-- just to give everyone a heads up for those who applied in August 2014, he informed me that a final decision on my (very straight forward, everything submitted upfront) application would not be processed for a few months, probably feb-march of 2015. I was expecting it to come sooner, as I look at trends from our Ottawa spreadsheet, but it sounds like things have slowed down significantly.

I'm not sure how this bodes for everyone who applied in August or if my application is just taking longer for some reason.

I applied August 2014, SA in September 2014 (only 37 days), and have not seen a change in my status online or been contacted since it was sent to Ottawa in September. So, I'm saying it is expected to take at least 5-6 months after SA to receive any decision from Ottawa according to the provincial connection to Ottawa I spoke with. Just wanted to let everyone know what is supposedly happening to my file- hopefully yours will be processed sooner if you applied around the time I did or earlier! Good luck to all and congrats to everyone receiving DM!
The wait times are unpredictable and stressful. Hang in there. We waited 11 months for COPR when most other people were getting it in 7 or 8, and we've now been waiting about 4 months longer than many for my kids' citizenship applications to be processed. CIC really needs more resources to get their work done in a timely manner.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
oconnoec said:

considering, they are just now approving June 2014 applicants, and the "average" time for those we've been tracking is 5-7 months, i don't understand how it can be expected for an August application to be approved any sooner than that? The super quick applications (3 month total time) were very rare circumstances, during a short period of time, so it's best to assume total processing time to be 6-8 months. so, 6 months from august is February, and considering the "clock" doesn't start until the application arrives in ottawa, yeah, i'd say February - march is a good estimate for normal processing for august applicants. anything earlier than that will be pure luck.

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
Now that I've started working for the government (not for CIC though), I finally realized why it's so slow...First, it's really backlogged...my system has a lot of ppl leaving their positions and that's why 4 batches were recruited recently to fill in..im guessing CIC is in a similar situation..Second, even something simple may take a long time...for bureaucratic reasons and sometimes it's just their workload...for example, multiple tasks are required to complete 1 application, they would need to wait for stuff from different departments to come in like sec checks and background checks...and also...i believe they usually would look at a file to see if there's any updates (from applicant or other departments), if not, they would pend it until a further date (which im assuming is sometime much later, and i guess that's why my case is sitting there for a while)...
sighs
seeing the june applicants getting COPR really raised my hope of getting my partner's...but i guess that won't happen b4 xmas

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Hi there! I usually post at Vienna thread, but as I got an e-mail requesting to send my passport to Ottawa to finalize my PR (I am "visiting" Canada currently), I have to ask you all for some help.

I sent my passport last Wednesday by recommended - Canada Xpress Post. What a mistake! The tracking number never appeared in the system, and now they have no idea whether they delivered it or not.

Does anyone know any way to contact Ottawa to ask if they received it? I sent an e-mail, but agent at the call center said they might not reply :mad: , and ofc, agent couldn't help.

Also, what is the general for Ottawa? Does ecas first change to DM and then you see your tracking number at the post system (meaning passport was sent to you), or other way around? And how long does it take from passport being delivered to Ottawa?

I am really panicking here, since the e-mail said they will ship it back within 7 days from receiving it, and to ship it to them within 30 days from e-mail, and it has been 23 days already :'(

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
xg0812 said:
Now that I've started working for the government (not for CIC though), I finally realized why it's so slow...First, it's really backlogged...my system has a lot of ppl leaving their positions and that's why 4 batches were recruited recently to fill in..im guessing CIC is in a similar situation..Second, even something simple may take a long time...for bureaucratic reasons and sometimes it's just their workload...for example, multiple tasks are required to complete 1 application, they would need to wait for stuff from different departments to come in like sec checks and background checks...and also...i believe they usually would look at a file to see if there's any updates (from applicant or other departments), if not, they would pend it until a further date (which im assuming is sometime much later, and i guess that's why my case is sitting there for a while)...
sighs
seeing the june applicants getting COPR really raised my hope of getting my partner's...but i guess that won't happen b4 xmas
Thanks for this insight. It is always interesting to hear about some of the inner working of the mystery that is CIC

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
spaceexp said:
Hi there! I usually post at Vienna thread, but as I got an e-mail requesting to send my passport to Ottawa to finalize my PR (I am "visiting" Canada currently), I have to ask you all for some help.

I sent my passport last Wednesday by recommended - Canada Xpress Post. What a mistake! The tracking number never appeared in the system, and now they have no idea whether they delivered it or not.

Does anyone know any way to contact Ottawa to ask if they received it? I sent an e-mail, but agent at the call center said they might not reply :mad: , and ofc, agent couldn't help.

Also, what is the general for Ottawa? Does ecas first change to DM and then you see your tracking number at the post system (meaning passport was sent to you), or other way around? And how long does it take from passport being delivered to Ottawa?

I am really panicking here, since the e-mail said they will ship it back within 7 days from receiving it, and to ship it to them within 30 days from e-mail, and it has been 23 days already :'(
generally with Ottawa, you can contact them by email, fax and regular mail only. there is no phone number available. you can also send a "case-specific inquiry" from the CIC sight. Ottawa doesn't really respond to emails though. For worst case situations, you can always contact the sponsor's Member of Parliament (MP), and ask them to inquire on your behalf.

as for the process for passports, it is hard to say since most ottawa applicants are visa exempt. generally, ottawa is pretty quick in finalizing the pr visa as far as i know, and i don't think anyone's waited more than 4 weeks to get approval papers after ppr. i am not sure if the tracking sheet in my signature will be helpful in determining what other's had experienced with mailing their passport to ottawa or what order everything happens in. hopefully someone with experience with sending a passport to ottawa will chime in and let you know.

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
spaceexp said:

Unfortunately there's no way to call Ottawa. I had sent them an email asking if they had gotten my stuff (It had been almost 2 months since I'd send my stuff and I hadn't heard anything). It took them two weeks to get back to me and it was essentially a "sit down, shut up, we'll get to you when we get to you" email.

Also I've seen from this website here that Xpress Post is pretty well known for not being very reliable with their tracking.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
generally with Ottawa, you can contact them by email, fax and regular mail only. there is no phone number available. you can also send a "case-specific inquiry" from the CIC sight. Ottawa doesn't really respond to emails though. For worst case situations, you can always contact the sponsor's Member of Parliament (MP), and ask them to inquire on your behalf.

as for the process for passports, it is hard to say since most ottawa applicants are visa exempt. generally, ottawa is pretty quick in finalizing the pr visa as far as i know, and i don't think anyone's waited more than 4 weeks to get approval papers after ppr. i am not sure if the tracking sheet in my signature will be helpful in determining what other's had experienced with mailing their passport to ottawa or what order everything happens in. hopefully someone with experience with sending a passport to ottawa will chime in and let you know.
Thanks anyways! I guess I will wait a few more days, and then start contacting Vienna or as you mentioned, MP. Thank God at least my extension of stay was approved...

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
MysticMidnight said:
Unfortunately there's no way to call Ottawa. I had sent them an email asking if they had gotten my stuff (It had been almost 2 months since I'd send my stuff and I hadn't heard anything). It took them two weeks to get back to me and it was essentially a "sit down, shut up, we'll get to you when we get to you" email.

Also I've seen from this website here that Xpress Post is pretty well known for not being very reliable with their tracking.
2 months??? What stuff did you send, passport or something else?

Yeah, Canada Post is unreliable, but that was the recommended option. I a now sorry for not using a courier at least to send it to Ottawa. But I cannot just sit and wait, so we are at least making the canada post agents sweat, since we call them 2-3 times a day to check to status on the "trace" they put on our mail ;D

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
spaceexp said:
2 months??? What stuff did you send, passport or something else?
assuming it's received, i don't think it will take 2 months to return a passport. even though the tracking doesn't work, there is a good chance it gets will get delivered and processed accordingly.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
assuming it's received, i don't think it will take 2 months to return a passport. even though the tracking doesn't work, there is a good chance it gets will get delivered and processed accordingly.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I keep checking the return tracking number, hoping that somehow they did receive it and will send it back soon (the e-mail did say within 7 days from receiving it).

But, I am preparing for the worst (passport being lost). God forbid!