Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
I noticed that e-cas shows me in process as of 12 September 2012. Perhaps the nice VO in Seattle was right when she told me I'd be hearing something from LA soon.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
I noticed that e-cas shows me in process as of 12 September 2012. Perhaps the nice VO in Seattle was right when she told me I'd be hearing something from LA soon.
Good for you

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
I thought we were the only ones being processed in Ottawa for Step 2!!! This is sooooo depressing!!! almost a month since we went into processs UGHHHHHHHH!!!! So frustrated!
I know CPP-Ottawa is handling more than 1 Visa office. They have been handling them before Bufflo, L.A...etc According to CIC their processing times has increased since their start...they do expect major delays since March!!!
I told you this Minister of immigration should resign and stay home!!!

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
CPP-O is a pilot project. This project was meant to deal with only "appeal cases".

Due to the increase amount of applications in other visa offices (Aboard)

CPP-O took over, to help reduce the workload.

CPP-O at the moment deals with: Few American VO, Islamabad/Kabul, Cairo, Istanbul.

Nathan390

Mar 14, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-June-2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
13-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
I cant see the logic behind this. Ottawa helping other VO's to reduce the work load, only to tell us to be patient because they now have an increased number of applications.

I am so frustrated right now over the hole closure of Buffalo VO. Although I am already here with my family we applied 'outside' as this route is or was quicker than 'inland' processing time. We took into consideration the processing time published on CIC website and planned our lives around that. Now CIC are saying the processing time for CPP-O is 12months with added delays due to the work load (same sort of time frame for 'inland app's) How is it that 'inland' apps can qualify for a work permit at 12months or less but we do not.

Had we been aware of the Buffalo closure earlier we would of applied through London VO, so why were we not given the choice?

Well thats my rant for the day :) hope your day is better!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nathan390 said:
I cant see the logic behind this. Ottawa helping other VO's to reduce the work load, only to tell us to be patient because they now have an increased number of applications.

I am so frustrated right now over the hole closure of Buffalo VO. Although I am already here with my family we applied 'outside' as this route is or was quicker than 'inland' processing time. We took into consideration the processing time published on CIC website and planned our lives around that. Now CIC are saying the processing time for CPP-O is 12months with added delays due to the work load (same sort of time frame for 'inland app's) How is it that 'inland' apps can qualify for a work permit at 12months or less but we do not.

Had we been aware of the Buffalo closure earlier we would of applied through London VO, so why were we not given the choice?

Well thats my rant for the day :) hope your day is better!
I have been ranting over all CIC practices if not all of the current government. Nothing is changing, unfortunately my fellow Canadian citizens brought back the same government that violated the people! after a no confident vote!!!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Dr Eng X said:
I have been ranting over all CIC practices if not all of the current government. Nothing is changing, unfortunately my fellow Canadian citizens brought back the same government that violated the people! after a no confident vote!!!
This is crazy....they are handling all of the US not just a few and now we are waiting for what...just approve us already!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
This is crazy....they are handling all of the US not just a few and now we are waiting for what...just approve us already!
The following solutions:
-Approve all cases and for cases that prove to be fake "in the future" the sponsor and applicant should face the consequences. Don't penalize innocent people instead heavily penalize guilty

-Work cases in parrallel, I mean provide a temporarily Visa that would be renewed till the application is finalized

- hire more people in CIC, specially with the cuts you made by closing foreign VO!

There are many solutions but they don't want to solve Do they? What are the qualifications of the current Minister?

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I think I say it almost every day to my husband but I'm going to make sure my voice is heard about the horrible way family immigration is handled once we are back in Canada! I just don't understand how they can say they need to cut costs when we are the ones that pay for our own immigration! I would think that a standard packet shouldn't take any more "hands on" time then 5 hours... Even when I went through our whole packet with a fine tooth comb it didn't take me more then 2 hrs and lets assume that they "need" to read the complete thing twice (once for spousal approval and once for applicant approval) and lets even give them an extra two hours for the fact that with the way CIC handles their website they all must be slow...lol and that means that we paid them almost $200/hr of work... Either they are the most overpaid government employes or there is a huge hole in the bottom of the bucket that we are all pouring our fees into... either way I want to know where that money is going and how they can say they are in need of cutting budgets!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
I think I say it almost every day to my husband but I'm going to make sure my voice is heard about the horrible way family immigration is handled once we are back in Canada! I just don't understand how they can say they need to cut costs when we are the ones that pay for our own immigration! I would think that a standard packet shouldn't take any more "hands on" time then 5 hours... Even when I went through our whole packet with a fine tooth comb it didn't take me more then 2 hrs and lets assume that they "need" to read the complete thing twice (once for spousal approval and once for applicant approval) and lets even give them an extra two hours for the fact that with the way CIC handles their website they all must be slow...lol and that means that we paid them almost $200/hr of work... Either they are the most overpaid government employes or there is a huge hole in the bottom of the bucket that we are all pouring our fees into... either way I want to know where that money is going and how they can say they are in need of cutting budgets!
Keep in mind as our stupid gov. has been saying " We are the best among G8, we we..." As a Canadian citizen I have not seen any of that reflect on my life and let us not go far away compare us to the US with its economic problems!

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
Dr Eng X said:
The following solutions:
-Approve all cases and for cases that prove to be fake "in the future" the sponsor and applicant should face the consequences. Don't penalize innocent people instead heavily penalize guilty

-Work cases in parrallel, I mean provide a temporarily Visa that would be renewed till the application is finalized

- hire more people in CIC, specially with the cuts you made by closing foreign VO!

There are many solutions but they don't want to solve Do they? What are the qualifications of the current Minister?
no pun intended here, but i will vote for you to replace Kenny, :)

we need some movement on these damn files...

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, and I have said this before and got crap for it and I'm sure it will get me more crap now but, when you started this journey it was posted 11 months for buffalo, has actually been 11 months for close to a year before I even applied April 2012 (I kept putting it off)... its not been close to that year for anyone. (plus the sponsorship wait) why is everyone complaining? there are thousands of applications in process you can't expect them to work on just yours. You don't think it was upsetting for me to watch May applicants getting sponsorship approval before me when my application had been sitting in line for a month longer then theirs? of course it did but I have no right to complain until it has reached my time which in my case would be July 2013. (15 months total)

hubby chubby said:
CPP-O at the moment deals with: Few American VO, Islamabad/Kabul, Cairo, Istanbul.
According to the CIC website, Ottawa took over ALL US PR applications.... east and west of the Mississippi.

Nathan390 said:
There are alot of people here complaining London VO has been deadlocked the last 4 months because of the Olympics....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Creampop said:
I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, and I have said this before and got crap for it and I'm sure it will get me more crap now but, when you started this journey it was posted 11 months for buffalo, has actually been 11 months for close to a year before I even applied April 2012 (I kept putting it off)... its not been close to that year for anyone. (plus the sponsorship wait) why is everyone complaining? there are thousands of applications in process you can't expect them to work on just yours. You don't think it was upsetting for me to watch May applicants getting sponsorship approval before me when my application had been sitting in line for a month longer then theirs? of course it did but I have no right to complain until it has reached my time which in my case would be July 2013. (15 months total)
I actually agree with you. While I would love to be one of the 20% or 30% cases, when I filed my expectation is that I was far more likely to be in the 90% category because I have a prior refused application, there is a significant age difference between us and there's a significant income disparity. ALL red flags.

I'm actually still pretty upbeat because having learned that we've made it over the relationship bar (twice) and the VO determined it is genuine I'm now hopeful that I might yet make it into the 50% or even 30% category - after all, the grounds for rejection of my FSW don't apply to spousal, I've been living in Canada for the past three years, I passed the security checks last time around, I'm already employed and passed the FSW SELDEC (so no financial worries). That means that as long as they don't question the relationship I should be very easy for them now.

But I'd be quite happy with next May (11 months) as well. So, I'll be glad when the nightmare of immigration is over (now moving into the 40th month) but I count myself as fortunate as I'm in Canada, with my spouse and employed.

Good luck to all.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually disagree with both of you. Wait time should be zero period end of story. Any B.S. we get from CIC is not reasonable. If it does not make a difference to some of you ..it does to others
The solutions are there if they want!!!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hogaishaadi said:
no pun intended here, but i will vote for you to replace Kenny, :)

we need some movement on these damn files...
If I were offered that position with this government I will refuse